Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Scion xB Rear Bumper Applique?? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the JDM Chrome Step Guard and IMO I think it def. looks better and prob would serve its purpose more then the USDM bumper sticker. I say go for quality.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-09-2021 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks for the thoughts. BTW, the correction to my original post should be if I were 10 years YOUNGER, of course, I'd love to mod my car. That said, I do believe you are never too old to mod, but in my case, I have too many responsibilities (financial and otherwise) to afford it.

With that said, I love the chrome and might look into that.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default make your own style.

If you want the protection without the holes (whoa, did I just say something sexual?), an idea for some might be to buy that 3M grip tape and then cut out your own design to make your box even more individual. Think I am going to try that route.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Or even get a vinyl shop to cut something.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The chrome one looks very nice.

It depends on what you priorities are, I just wanted to protect the bumper and have a little spot to rest something on.

It's pretty easy just to NOT wax that little area. It's not as it you will ever notice the top of the bumper isn't waxed.

I'd say if you think you need something like this and you aren't worried about spending a little frivolously, go for that chrome one, it looks sweet.

If you are just looking to mod your car lightly and get something for your money, then, I would suggest something that is actually useful.

Perhaps a cold air intake or a thicker rear anti-sway bar.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i need that celly mod
Old 01-27-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i would go for the chrome it looks nice.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:59 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got the bumper applique with my $50 gift card from Scion, and so far i like it. It helps to proptect the top of the bumper and I think it looks nice too. I have dogs and everytime they get out of the back of the car they always step on the top of the bumper, so it gives me peace of mind to know there is something between the paint and their dirty ___ paws.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since I dont go hauling crap around I dont think I need this bumper sticker. The chrome one looks tight though. But I will pass for now. Thanks for all the good pictures guys.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Where can I get this chrome step guard?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Rear Bumper

Well I was having a mod done to the back, and guess what, The guy working on my car did 4 SKUFFS on top of that little bumper! I really do like the Chrome bB Bumper, but the only thing that bothers me is the LACK of Anything Chrome on the body of the car. I think you would definetely need to change to the JDM bB emblem, as it is more silvery, like the JDM bumper.
I really wonder what would have happened had I had the JDM bumper when that guy dropped or drug something across my bumper. Since I had NO sticker or JDM Bumper ,I was able to WAX the bumper and it came out really nice. By the way , I Highly recommend Meguires ScratchX. I was Amazed how good it came out.
Lastly, Im really glad for this Post, cause I wanted to see what others had done so far. I REALLY HATE that Rough Sticker with Holes. I completely see why the holes are a problem.
I want to know why OTHER cars get a Nice RUBBER step. They are Thick Rubber too.
And does anyone know, is there possibly another model`s car that has a REAL step guard, that would work on the xB`s step and look like it was made for that spot?
Old 01-28-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by CamoBox
I got the bumper applique with my $50 gift card from Scion, and so far i like it. It helps to proptect the top of the bumper and I think it looks nice too. I have dogs and everytime they get out of the back of the car they always step on the top of the bumper, so it gives me peace of mind to know there is something between the paint and their dirty ___ paws.
You didn't, no you DIDN'T just say that, did you? I give the shivers just thinking of dogs roaming around my car.

With that said, if it makes YOU happy, all the power to you.

Any idea where to get these elusive chrome bumper guards/decorations?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oohhh! I like that chrome step guard! My dogs have scratched up my bumper from jumping in and out of the car. Where can I get one?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Forget the chrome, I got some of that 3M stuff and cut out a clear cover the size of the factory one and after it is applied you can't really see it but the top of the bumper is protected!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just installed the scion bumper cover and i like it on my tcm, i shows up real good, chrome one looks good but i personally try to stay as far away from anything chrome as i can , but thats just me. I'm in the same boat as you as far as mods go, moon hub caps, bumper cover and windshield decal that says BOXCAR thats about it for now.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

oh my GOD!!! Someone please tell me where I can get that chrome bumper guard ! Gotta have it!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Go to....

You can get the JDM Silver bB Bumper Guard at Scionsport.com (alt+w) and alot of other Tight and Shiny things for the Scion Ride .
Old 02-05-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can also purchase the JDM bB chrome bumper guard at newscionparts.com it is only $129 instead of scionsport.com, which lists it at $139. Although the shipping may be different.
http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=474

newscionparts.com also has chrome mirror covers. Link below. I'm thinking about getting these...I don't want to over-chrome my car though.
http://www.newscionparts.com/photos/...dat?1093662405
Old 02-07-2005, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion xB Rear Bumper Applique?? What do you think?

Saw one to day. It was on a Blk Cherry xB. It looked good. It was Blk and had a rough texture non skid like.
Easy on I say yes, easy off not with out a heat gun and a light touch. There stuck to stay

B~

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-09-2021 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 03-08-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion xB Rear Bumper Applique?? What do you think?

Flitz metal polish it is the best on the market and the best that money can buy, est part?? It's cheap the few bucks spent and the first time you use it I know you will praise me for letting you all in on this product.
The other things it can be used for, is a plastic polish as well. when your headlights start to haze. If you use it as a preemptive strike the haze should never appear.

Bruce

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-09-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge

Quick Reply: Scion xB Rear Bumper Applique?? What do you think?