Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Smoked tail lights in cali/anywhere any cop problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Smoked tail lights in cali/anywhere any cop problems?

ive been wanting to smoke my tails on my xb, but before i do i want to ask if anyone has had any problems with cops about there tails being smoked. if you have what did they make you do or say? guess i just want to figure out ifs its going to be a big deal or not.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I get followed around a lot by cops in my tC... but I am also rockin' wheels, I am really low, and a cf hood hatch, plus the smoked tails. It's a flashy looking car and it grabs attention. I have never been pulled over because of my tails though. I think there is a law about how far the light has to emit. It's like 50feet during the day and 200feet at night or something. I really have no idea... but if you are worried about it, buy brighter tail bulbs and drive around with your headlights on all the time. I always turn mine on when I am being followed by cops, just so they look that much more red. I dunno if it works really... but I do it! haha.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

I have had my taillights smoked for about 6 months now and I haven't had any problems. I live down the street from the cop station also so I am constantly in front of them and so far so good .::knocks on wood::.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Whittier. The cops in Whittier will problaby pull u over. Theyve got a new "anti race" profile...if you got a a/m spoiler, exhuast/muffler, multiple gauge pods, or race sticker roll calls you can bet your ___ they'll pull you over. They didnt care for my blue LED turn lts or HID look headlights, they really werent happy about the loud music..and burning out , well that was just an added @*&^ you. But at least Huntington Beach cops are calming down.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet, thats what i needed to hear im gonna go do it next weekend hopefully.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Haha, Whittier... I haven’t had any problems with my exhaust *knock on wood* and I've been thinking of smoking my taillights as well.

And it might not be all of Whittier, but if you ever plan on going down Gunn... make sure it's in broad daylight and you're on a tricycle... I've heard many a stories of people getting pulled over on Gunn.

That’s the price we pay for living in... Whittier?

And K-i-s-s pm me when you get them done, I'd like to know where and $$$ and if it looks good!