so long Mazda3...Hello XB!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default so long Mazda3...Hello XB!

Hey Everyone,

Well I traded the 04' Mazda3 's' 5-door and got what I should have gotten in the first place...My new XB. What a difference in quality it has over the Mazda3.

That Mazda lived in the repair shop for more things than I care to mention and I mean even from "day 1". If you need distinct details, feel free to ask....but it is "quite" downright scary. I honestly can say that I will ''not ever'' consider Mazda again....and their "customer service"??...what a joke.

But all seems right with my "automotive" world now and I realy hope it continues to stay that way as I feel I really need it to be right after what I have been through with Mazda. Once I cleaned out the last item from the "3", I closed the door, said "good luck" and walked away, never once looking back.

I do not miss it or anything about it....not even the 160 h.p.

"Go Go Scion"
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Tell us more.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

congrats! welcome to the crazy family
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member

Thank you for posting this I was down to two choices for my new ride, the mazda 3 or the xb. Lets just say I don't think I'll be buying the 3 now after reading your post.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes, many thanks, I had been considering the 3 when I bought mine, now I am glad to hear that I made the right choice
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If there was not an xB, I may have bought a Mazda 3. After test driving both, I wanted the xB hands down, but it's good to read that for confirmation.

After all, the 3 is just a restyled Ford. I like the 6 a lot though....and now the MazdaSpeed version is coming out. Mmmmmm
Old 01-25-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah we looked at mazda 3 before the xb. but the mazda was nice and all, but they just dont have the options for the price like the xb,. the value just isnt there. the mazda6 is a dope car with the v6, but for the price its not that good of a deal. the xb has value written all over it
Old 01-25-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's so bad about the Mazda3, mechanically? Could your car be a lemon? I see glowing reviews from many sites and people so I'm curious.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...I seriously considered buying a Mazda 3 back when I was shopping because my brother bought one for his wife, and they've been very happy with it. I ended up getting an xA, and I'm really glad I did. I LOVE it. After reading this, I'm even more glad I did.
5 Year Member

Default Funny how we all considered the Mazda 3

Did we do it cause it looked cutting edge on those commercials...lol....To me the mazda 3 looked awesome....:-)

But when i got to the dealer and discussed the cars options and the pricing...WHO EVER HEARD that if you want a/c and anit-lock brakes you have to buy 2 other packages that you don't want...MAJOR TURN OFF....you'd spend an Xtra 4 grand on 2 packages you didn't want...not to mention the one package was an overpriced tire upgrade...I LAUGHED.....

Then there was scion...TO THE POINT...a/c, anti lock brakes, POWER EVERYTHING....although i got the xa, i'm a gurl, lol....go figure...But even the xb was better quality then the Mazda 3 minus the power...but who cares...you can upgrade for the price of the a/c package of the mazda..Haha...and your right their customer care...OUT THE WINDOW....
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had some great Mazda's and still own one. I had an '89 323 that kicked tail and still have an MPV. Well, they're really classified as my wife's cars, but they are great.

After crashing my XB, I was seriously considering the 3, but the dealer would not negotiate the pricing comparable to the XB. AC and power windows/locks are options??? c'mon! The 160HP is the high end option too. I think you're looking at 130 HP base and the car is heavier and a sedan. You're looking at near $17K for anything coming close to decent.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, what i tell customers is that the mazda 3 is engineered by mazda...so it is a good car in that sense....but it's built by ford. that is pretty much all i have to say
Old 01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
ayS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on the purchase and choice!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hmmm , i knew about the unfortunate package buying deals but theyve gotta be pretty quick. hmm please tell about the shop experiences
Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's "cool" but you're "seriously overusing" "quotes."

On the real, it's kind of surprising to me that cars don't come with power windows and locks, AC, remote keyless entry, and CD players standard these days. It's 2005, they're expected features.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Max2k

On the real, it's kind of surprising to me that cars don't come with power windows and locks, AC, remote keyless entry, and CD players standard these days. It's 2005, they're expected features.

I have to agree with you on that. With all the technology we hav these days and all, you would figure that, but Car companies are cheap.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's not that they're cheap as it is the accepted practice for the industry. It's another change Scion is driving, alongside Pure Pricing. Give the customer what they want at a price that's clearly stated. The package thing is standard with almost all carmakers. It kinda kills the concept of mass-production if each car is being made custom, so they grouped things for efficiency, but then realized they could sell the "packages" as a way to inflate the price while getting a sense that you're getting a bunch of stuff.

I hate most car ads because they do this:

Starting at $14,999
*As shown $35,999

At least with Scion, even when they throw several goodies on its like a 2 grand difference at most... and it still looks good IF you do go plain stock...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max2k
Old 01-26-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan

I hate most car ads because they do this:

Starting at $14,999
*As shown $35,999

At least with Scion, even when they throw several goodies on its like a 2 grand difference at most... and it still looks good IF you do go plain stock...
lol thats a wee bit exaggerated but yeah alot can easily be 3-7k more than sticker.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, well the one that comes to mind is the Magnum, it says starting at around 22, as shown, 32. You KNOW that extra 10 grand is for all the things that make the car desirable...

Quick Reply: so long Mazda3...Hello XB!