Someone puked in my new Xb!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Someone puked in my new Xb!!

Ahhhggg!

You'd think that a 34 y/o (teacher) could hold their liquor! I cleaned with Resolve but can still see a stain on the front seat. Any hints how I can clean the seat (and restore that new car smell?)

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

call a carpet cleaner ... have him/her do the entire car .. than hose it down with fabreeze ... and if ya really want that new car smell ... go get one of the "new car" scented trees .. bah ahahaha
Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're gonna have to use some kinda brush (not just paper towels or whatever).

Good luck with the smell!!
Old 07-19-2004, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ahhhh...dude! Sorry to hear what happened. That's gotta be the worst thing to happen to anybody's ride ..Hopefully you get the stain, and smell out! Good luck
Old 07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Just drop $150 at a professional detailer and fogedaboudit
Old 07-19-2004, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

damn that sux. . . ..hope you get the stain/smell out. . . . .buy a roof rack and strap the drunk people up there. . . .lmao

Justin
Old 07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:oops: dam that suks. Well i think the best thing would be to get it to a detail shop carwaash place and have them shampoo that puppy. Takes about 1 hour but well worth it. Then also while your there you can pick up some tree scents for that new car smell. Goodluck :mrgreen:
Old 07-19-2004, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too bad I would get it professionally cleaned and then give the bill to the puker! They should pay for the clean up, its not like you forced them to drink was it?

Side note, I had someone puke all over the window (inside) and it got inside the door!!! Man was that a hassle to clean
Old 07-19-2004, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that sux. get that thing professionally cleaned.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: Someone puked in my new Xb!!

Originally Posted by AustinxB
Ahhhggg! You'd think that a 34 y/o (teacher)
Thanks!
Im sorry i didnt mean to do it:oops:

but damn that tequila was gooood!

j/k

Old 07-19-2004, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default $17 including tree and tip

Took the box over to a high-end detail/carwash place and they steamcleaned the seat, floor mat and floor for $15. I tipped a buck and bought the 'new car smell' tree (thanks for the suggestion ) for another buck. So far, the puke smell is gone, but so is the new car smell, replaced by that 'rich guy's car smell (the rich guy who goes for the $50 wash/wax and detail every time).

Hopefully the tree will do its majic. Thanks for your support and suggestions. Oh, I didn't feed her drinks but was driving her home a favor for a friend. She already offered to pay. I'll have her take me to sushi instead.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sushi??!!

I hope she can hold her sake, and I hope you arent drivin her! (to the resturaunt that is)
Old 07-19-2004, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Right now, it might seem clean but, unfortunately, if not cleaned up right, the vomit odor will come back (esp. after a hot day sitting in the sun). You need a cleaner that will break down the proteins in the vomit which tend to linger even after a thorough cleaning. Go to a pet supply place and get a good pet stain and odor remover. You may have to apply it a couple of times but you'll be glad you did.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

don't your dealers offer Paint and Fabric Protection? We do here and most people opt to get it. This covers you for any kind of stain or what not on your seats and carpet for 5 years. It's teflon based and works great. If you get a stain Servicemaster has been contracted to come to your site (50 states) and take care of the problem, and re-appply the product. In the event they can't remove the stain you get it replaced free of charge. All that for $399.00 one time fee or about $0.01/day if you finance it. It something that all new cars need.

Let me know if you would like your dealership to carry this stuff as I can get you in touch with our rep. We have it for almost every carline here at the Suburban Collection, not just Toyota and Scion.

Peace,

Hugh Cleal
Suburban Scion
hcleal@suburbanscion.com
248-240-4168
Old 07-20-2004, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

about 10 years ago I was with my girlfriend who had a REALLY bad flu and she wanted to go to the emergency room and by accident she coughed and ____ted diareah<sp?> all in her sweatpants and on to my moms nice newer (was lightly used at the time) corisca seat.

i scrubbed with carpet cleaner, lasted about 3 days... did it again lasted a week or so with the help of one of those roto-rooter things you rent as stop and shop and it started to get warm out and there was really no way it was going to be able to get the smell out and mom had mentioned 'a funny smell, though she may have stept in dog poop' and I ended up just getting a new seat at the junkyeard for $60 bucks..

point of story? give your detail a shot but it may come back and your best off just getting a new one if you can.. alot of people putin custom racing seats or whatever in the box so you may be able to pick one up on the forums cheap.

anyhow good luck and keep a plastic bag in the car at all times for future needs as girls obviously can be very messy
Old 07-21-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A teacher did that? He/she better pass you for life...

www.fotki.com/143-7
Old 07-21-2004, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default update..

After two treatments, the car still reeks of artificial new car smell (as opposed to all natural new car smell) and that acrid bile afterstench. I have removed the seat, hosed it down and laid it out in the sun to dry. This is what a mechanic friend and a local detail said would be the only way to permanently get it out. You see, our seats are like sponges. Every time you get it wet to 'remove' the stain, it really pushes it further into the upolstery. That is why you have to soak the damn thing to remove all traces. I will update you all with the results (this may happen to some of you in the future and I dont think that Scotchguard can stop a torrent of chunks ).

Its actually kinda fun to drive around without the passenger seat. The car feels a lot lighter and it feels like you really are driving a delivery van
Old 07-21-2004, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

Sunshine can help break it down but it's not going to get the vomitus that's soaked into the the seat foam. It will just keep leeching out over time. You really need to spring the $10 for an enzymatic cleaner (like a pet stain/odor remover) that will break down the offending proteins. A friend of mine spewed all over the back of my pre-xB vehicle earlier this year and the pet cleaner was the one that did the trick of removing the odor permanently.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are still trying to get rid of the wretched smell, try Meguiar's Brand Odor Eliminator. It is 3.20 a bottle and is amazing. It can kill practically any smell. I work for a used car lot, trust me, if It can kill the cigarette smell of a 5 year old Kia & make it smell slightly new; It will kill your vomit smell.

Also, I have a friend that had a puking incident w/ a friend the same way. He luckily had a cruddy Ranger w/ vinyl seats & floor.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

You should try this stuff called Petzyme Stain & Odor Remover it works really well I had a friend try it after someone puked in the back of his new truck.

I’ve thankfully never had anyone puke inside my car but I’ve had a few friends vomit with their head hanging out the window. My friends are great though they always insist on washing my car right after. There’s something very amusing about watching a drunken person trying to handle the high-pressure sprayer at 3:00 in the morning.

Quick Reply: Someone puked in my new Xb!!