Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Southern Cal New xB owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Default Southern Cal New xB owner

Hey whats up?

I just picked up two xB's. Both 2006 my wife's is black auto and mine is Sliver 5speed.

We are paying less than 500 bucks a month for 2 cars. You cant really beat that. Other than buying a car out right with no payments.

We are keeping our original cars. She was driving a FORD Expo 30 miles one way to work everyday. I do about the same to work. So, I want to fix it up and have a cool family truck. My other car is a BMW convert 325i '95.

In gas savings alone it should at least cover one car payment.

I have a few questions since I am new. Sorry if my questions overlap stuff I can search on.

1. What size wheel can I put on my car before I see performance issues and rubbing?

2. Can I drop my car on bigger wheels with out rubbing?

3. I heard some strut bars and sway bars can make a good upgrade.

4. Anyone install a short shifter and how hard was it?

That about it for now...other than I'm thinking about getting personal plates. I never thought highly of personal plates, but what do you guys think about XBOXTRD?

I've had a TUNDRA with TRD kits and always loved toyotas. Thanks for answering my thread if you do.

Later
X

Last edited by XautoL; 09-30-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Where u reside in SoCal??

For your questions:

1. Rims is sorta complicated. It all depends on how wide your wheels are, what offset, how tall, and tire size. Also budget is a big thing. What size rims were you thinking?

2. So your drop and rubbing again depends on the factors of #1 and how low you wanna go. You wanna do springs, a coilover, or air suspension? Do you prefer system over function?

3. Strut bars are more for looks. I defiantly recommend a rear sway bar. Pick up a progress rear sway bar. Super easy to install and makes a world of difference! Pretty affordable too.

4. I have a TRD short shifter. Pretty easy to install them. Are they worth it? Ehh not really. Its an xB so it wont make much of a difference performance wise. I say you spend that money on something else to mod on the car.

Hit up my work, Island Motor Sports in Buena Park if you need some prices on anything. We deal with a ton of Scions. Here is the number (714) 522-7457.

Also just around the corner from Island Motor Sports is another Scion friendly shop where alot of us hang out and chill. If you wanna chill, come by whenevers and we can help guide you along the right path. Place is called Midnight Garage. 6881 Stanton Ave. #C1 Buena park, ca 90621

Hope all this helps man.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

XBOXTRD...not bad at all