First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

split rear hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i almost forgot about that... if you were to do it be prepared to get custom side exit exhaust made. thats why most suvs with roll down or flip up rear hatches have side exit. and why exhaust literature says not to put dual rears straight out the back on a hatchbakc , wagon , or truck with a camper.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89771

The irony.

First off, I'm not replying to defend anybody. I'm just gonna point out that your condescending attitude isn't helping the community in any shape or form. So before you get off calling me out for trying to be a wannabe mod, or backing someone up I've never even met, slow down. I'm just here to deflate that ego of yours, and go back to enjoying the boards.

I'm not even gonna speak on your bolt on sig, and your captain bolt on comment. I'll let that link do all the talking.

What I really wanted was to make sure you knew that the nonsense you've been posting lacks any credibility whatsoever. You've got the nerve to talk down people who use bolt on parts(which is MOST of this board), yet you want to buy a spoiler that attaches with double sided tape. Someone calls you out on a "photoshop"of yours that boasts of your hypocrisy, and you mark it off as highly acclaimed by "tasteful" critics. On top of that you go and clown on people for wanting to have a subtle window mod, saying it's on some WCC crack, while you yourself proudly post your camouflage nissan, or whatever it is, as if it's some underrated work of art.

If you want to chime in and give some constructive criticism, sure go on. Though It's not a bright idea to be telling people how they should live their lives, because that's not even close to criticism. Trust me, you sound like a Jehova's witness. I think I speak for all of us, when we suggest you quit worrying about how the next person lives his or her life, and most of all grow up.
Allright then, since you obviosly can't mind your own business, and let someone defend themselves, fine, just remember that you called me out buddy.

First things first, No matter what my attititude is just that, mine. I appreciate you having an opinion about it, wait no I don't ha. Cause who are you again, oh yeah, NOBODY! Chances are, the reason you take so much offense to what I said (as no one else did) is because I struck a chord; because you can relate. Now look here "I am 20 years old and want to pick fights to prove I have genitals" who said anything about a "wannabe mod"?! Get with the picture son, read the posts first, and then quote me, not exagerate what you thought you saw. I said that it was "wild, and intense amounts of work for a "different" mod". However you take that is your business. But the last thing I will tolerate is some kid putting words in my mouth (believe me I can get myself into enough trouble with the ones that are already there).

Now as far as ego goes, if ego means that I will quickly cut someone down for disrespecting my truck when they obviously know nothing about what goes into the work of mini trucking as opposed to bolting on some rims, then yeah, you could say I have an ego. No worries there though, say all you want about my truck. I know you are ignorant, actually I feel bad for you. Go make a fool out of yourself by saying the wrong thing.

Bolt-ons. Bolt ons are an evil that must be lived with, but I would rather make something with my own two hands that the guy down the street won't have. But, because I don't fabricate composites I'll have to buy those carbon fiber components. The wing attatches with bolts, or at least rivets in my case smart guy .
And, uh, my main point, since obviously you have a hard time reading between the lines, is that (and pay attention son) there is a lot of talk about this major modification, when I don't even see any body shaving, just bolt ons. This task will require some experience and know how that one cannot gain by BOLTING PARTS ON. Do you get it know?! Was that clear enough for you?! Man! You attack people when you don't know what you should be offended about. Stop the Roids man!

Now as far as the urban camo on my truck (photoshop) I really don't care what YOU say about it because you are'nt anyone to me. But if there is anyone else who want's to talk about it just remember that is photoshop and was done for FUN! My truck does not look like that. Kind of difficult to call someone a hipocrit for something that does'nt exsist huh? Remember to think before you post, your temper proceeds you. And my Nissan, no matter what I do is awesome, who cares what anyone else thinks. I am sure there is some jerk out there somewhere who hates perfect Shelby Cobras. Big deal! The only opinion that ever matters is the owners, you know, the guy who has to look at it every day.

Now quit sniveling long enough to read this. At no point did I, or will I tell someone how to live there life. Your sensationalistic writing lacks a foundation and further proves your inexperience. Write based on what is there on the page, not what you thought you saw.

Note to all I'm done, and have said what I will. Did'nt mean to step on toes, but some people like to fight and have a problem controlling there typing fingers. I promise not to post on this subject again as I am obviously bothering some with my opinion. Thanks for listening with such open minds. Good day.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

before you go out all upset....you said and i quote"and my nissan, no matter what i do is awesome..." i think alot of people feel that way, so if someone wants to put a sliding window, split rear hatch a jet engine cuz they think it will look good then let 'em be as for bolt on comments i'm pretty certain you got some bolt ons in your truck or xb i
Old 10-26-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And my Nissan, no matter what I do is awesome, who cares what anyone else thinks.
That's my point. Who cares what someone else does to their car, it's theirs isn't it? So why do you still insist on hating on people who do bolt ons or any other "out there" mods? You're only wasting your breath.

I'm not even gonna pick out your fallible comments, because really, there's plenty for me to quote prior to my reply. I'll just leave quotes and let you "read between the lines" because that seems to be your expertise.

Howsabout doing some mods that are worth while first. Shave the doors, shave the hatch. Suicide doors. Any if em' are awesome, and a good place to start for those who have not done major vehicle modification. This aint no bolt on body kit.
This mod is officially Wesy Coast Customs rediculous. Bing!
If that's not imposing or condescending, I don't know what is.

Now for your main retort, No one said anything about wannabe mod, that's why I threw it on the table when I did, so it wouldn't have to come up. It's not that I took offense either. That same attitude is what keeps a lot of the older and more informative and helpful members from posting as much as they used to. I notice some OG's just don't care much for SL, or the Scion scene much more because of behavior like this. I'm not saying because of people like you, because you're not a bad dude from other posts i've seen, it's just in this post where I see an exception. Lots of guys who used to post cool info, show where to get stuff, mention how to do this or that, refuse to post anymore. I think that sucks for newer members, or people just getting into the scene.

As for the personal stuff. Don't get me wrong, I personally hate pimp my ride, WCC, and all that gaudy stuff. I mean the only real mods I have on my car are wheels, and that's good enough for me and my daily driver. The roof rack is there for when I surf and bike which are often. I hate R.I.C.E. too, but then I don't go out and put down other owners for doing something I'm not a fan of. I only turned 18 last month, and I'm not trying to show I have *****, I'm just trying to do what I can to preserve things on the board/scene before it falls off. Later.

Here's my ride. I'll let you decide on how offended I was.