10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AMEN
Old 01-14-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is a pic of my steelies with my centercaps. I havent bought trim rings yet and not sure if im going to. I like the look of the steelies.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d53/ta...nt=Jan14_3.jpg
Old 01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I used to have aftermarket rims and liked them, but after I painted my car the rims did not look right, so I sold them. I have now chosen to ride red painted steelies and I like the way they look.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by sciokotic
why dont you guys who use steelies just admit that you are penniless and can't afford aftermarket rims. you come up with this weird excuse to convince yourself that you chose to use steelies. face the fact... you are either to cheap, too poor, or just an idiot to think that steelies look good. come on now PLEASE!!! and then there are those people out there who buy two aftermarket rims for the back and use steelies in the front. they claim this is for racing look, blah, blah, blah... for these people please refer to my above conclusions. i have nothing against steely users. just don't try to justify using them with lame excuses.
^^^^ see above post
Old 01-16-2006, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rolled steelies for a month, but decided to try on some bB hubcaps last week. Though I like the idea of stock JDM, I'm thinking the steelies looked better.
I'll probably get some black rims sooner or later.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gothbox - your flat-black xB look great - very rat-rod esque.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tat2dude25
Here is a pic of my steelies with my centercaps. I havent bought trim rings yet and not sure if im going to. I like the look of the steelies.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d53/ta...nt=Jan14_3.jpg
Those are the centercaps I was looking for!.....how do those attach to the wheel??? And do you know what year Toyota they came off of???
Old 01-18-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
Gothbox - your flat-black xB look great - very rat-rod esque.
Thanx
That was the look I was going for, I love that style. That is accually chalk board paint. and check my profile for other rat-rod style stuff.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone saying they got aftermarket wheels for performance is an idiot. This is a 1.5L car here. You won't be winning races no matter what. If you're putting on wheels, it's only for looks. Spending money only for looks= not everyone's cup of tea.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member

Hey, I went down to the local hubcap place and worked with this lady that kept trying Toyota center caps until we found one that slipped right on. The problem was that she only could find one. I did get that one and then went digging around hubcaps.com and found it. It was under Corolla's and the number was TOY914. Here is the link http://www.hubcaps.org/corolla.html. They were somewhat pricey but I ordered three from them. I think they look real good with the trim rings but I am going to paint them some color that hasn't been decided yet. I tried black on the one I have and it looked OK. I'll post pics when I get them done.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info about TOY914 centercaps. But I'm wondering how they're secured to the wheel.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciokotic
why dont you guys who use steelies just admit that you are penniless and can't afford aftermarket rims. you come up with this weird excuse to convince yourself that you chose to use steelies. face the fact... you are either to cheap, too poor, or just an idiot to think that steelies look good. come on now PLEASE!!! and then there are those people out there who buy two aftermarket rims for the back and use steelies in the front. they claim this is for racing look, blah, blah, blah... for these people please refer to my above conclusions. i have nothing against steely users. just don't try to justify using them with lame excuses.
Personally, I rock the steelies myself, I just got a new job paying 45k per year, so even after ALL my bills are paid, i'm still left with a decent amount of cash on me. I'd prefer to build computers or spend my money on more usefull items. I might buy wheels again sometime, but now i'm also debating trading in my xb for a wrx wagon, or an 06 si.........but yeah, so you can come up with all the excuses YOU want...but face it, some people just dont mind the steelies look....hence this thread!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by x475aws
Thanks for the info about TOY914 centercaps. But I'm wondering how they're secured to the wheel.
There is a ring of steel right around the center hub that sticks up a bit. The centercap has a 2 3/4 inch cylinder on the back with a metal grip ring on the inside that grips onto that steel ring on the wheel. Best I know how to explain it. I have been driving around with the one for a couple of days now and it is still on there tight.
I think I am going to paint the centercaps black, and then go over the wheel and centercap with a transparent blue that they sell to look like anodized aluminum when you spray it over silver. I tried it on the centercap and it looks pretty close to the blue onyx pearl color on my xB. That with the chrome trim ring and lug nuts should look pretty cool. Yes?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I will join the steelies crowd as I am still running with the hubcaps. I have not found a set of wheels I like or feel would look the way I want on my xB. I am not a big fan of spoked wheels. Plus, my priorities are not pointing toward wheels either. I may just go buy some rings and lug nuts and just ride the steelies for a long time. This is my get me to work and back ride. Not a race car or a show car, just a point A to point B ride that I like. That is "MY Choice" yours I would hope is different than mine, but it is fine if it is the same as mine by me. Its all good.......
Old 01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

There is a ring of steel right around the center hub that sticks up a bit. The centercap has a 2 3/4 inch cylinder on the back with a metal grip ring on the inside that grips onto that steel ring on the wheel. Best I know how to explain it. I have been driving around with the one for a couple of days now and it is still on there tight.
I think I am going to paint the centercaps black, and then go over the wheel and centercap with a transparent blue that they sell to look like anodized aluminum when you spray it over silver. I tried it on the centercap and it looks pretty close to the blue onyx pearl color on my xB. That with the chrome trim ring and lug nuts should look pretty cool. Yes? [/quote]

Pics?^^^^
Old 01-23-2006, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member

wheels are very personal. It does not matter if you have money or not. At least you got the car. If you want to ride on steelies then go ahead. I ride on them, my other xb has rims. And it looks good both ways.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member

Pics soon. I think I will do the one wheel and post it to see what you think. Hopefully within the week.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anybody wanna post a pic of the steelies with the beauty ring, chrome center cap, and chrome lugs. i may end up having to do this until i save up the cash for rims.nm, found em on page 3, and i must say...i'd much rather ride around with hubcaps until the day i mount rims on it.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just plain steelies rock!!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO, NO rim looks good in all black. it needs a polished lip to complete it. without the lip, it reminds of of somebody riding around on spares. just my $0.02

Quick Reply: To steelie or NOT steelie