Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

SVT Focus vs Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I love these forums!!! it is so EFEN STRESSFULL!!!!! stop it ya'll! the more atention we pay to these thread the more people will try to blow smoke up your *****!... you own and drive an xa or xb right? so you know what the capabilites of this vehicle even if the best driver in the world was behind the wheel right?

with all respect

The Beast
Old 05-28-2004, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey hey i dont think any of you guys have raced the indy 500 or 24hrs of lemans so pipe down.... If he wants to burn out his cluth let him and if you want to get a toyota sponsorship and exert expert driving skills so be it.....

Hes his own person and so are you!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well as for all the comments and replies.... all i have to say is... Mehh! i could care less

But, if anyone here is in the sterling area or near it... We should set up a day were a few of us can head up to All Sports Karting http://www.allsportsgp.com/ then we can show off a little of our driving talents I can probly get the fee from $30 for 10min down to like $60 for 2 hours or so.... a nice fun little ride.

If you never heard of them and you live in the area check them out, go up there just to watch, it's fun stuff.

But i think that would be cool, a bunch of xB'ers all karting together showing off some skill and just shooting the **** mostly. :?:
Old 05-28-2004, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MotoMan_YZ400
Wel to continue and clear up a few things, the Altima, was driven by some kid that was friends w/ my friend, i dont know him and from what i hear, he's no F1 driver, so it could have been very well that the kid didnt know how to use the car. But as for the race btw the SVT and xB, yes there were some times where he pulled away, but in the long run, i was expecting him to just flat out walk away from me. But if he got a little lead on me, in a few turns i was able to make it up. And no he wasnt letting off, i asked him when we got to his place and it was a full on race. So yes the SVT was fast, but not by much, or as much as i was expecting.... in flat and curves. And after driving the SVT myself, that thing has no low end, so i can almost see why.

So NO i didnt beat him, but YES i kept up. And thats what i'm proud of.... Of having a car that is almost $7k less keep up with the SVT.

No low end?? Compared to what?

The SVT makes 80% of its torque before 3500k (or thereabouts). Hell, the 2.0l Zetec is one of the better "low end" DOHC motors out there. Granted the 6-speed Getrag on the SVT is geared a bit suboptimal for launching, but it still has much more of a bite than the 1.5l in the xB.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MotoMan_YZ400
Wel to continue and clear up a few things, the Altima, was driven by some kid that was friends w/ my friend, i dont know him and from what i hear, he's no F1 driver, so it could have been very well that the kid didnt know how to use the car. But as for the race btw the SVT and xB, yes there were some times where he pulled away, but in the long run, i was expecting him to just flat out walk away from me. But if he got a little lead on me, in a few turns i was able to make it up. And no he wasnt letting off, i asked him when we got to his place and it was a full on race. So yes the SVT was fast, but not by much, or as much as i was expecting.... in flat and curves. And after driving the SVT myself, that thing has no low end, so i can almost see why.

So NO i didnt beat him, but YES i kept up. And thats what i'm proud of.... Of having a car that is almost $7k less keep up with the SVT.
Then you only kept up because your friend doesn't know how to drive, congrats, you have something to be proud of