Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Test drove an xB!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member

Default Test drove an xB!

Heys guys i new to this board and new to SCION. But i got to test drive my first xB today. I wanted one already but was unsure of it. Like most people say pics dont do this car justice. Sadly it was an automatic, but it was surprisingly peppy. I cant wait to get ina 5-speed. Basically my views on this vehichle are everything i wanted them to be. Its a wicked looking ride, decent power, but the most important thing is all the room on the inside. I mean WoW this thing was roomy. Ig any of you are in the lubbock area go check it out. Of your not, call your local Toyota dealer and see if there gonna sell'em. Im getting one ina few months, and my shoping list for parts is already growing. Sorry to bug yall about this, im just really excited.
-B
Old 01-23-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its ok brotha....we were all that way at one time or another..(and some of us still are)..this is one fever you don't wanna get rid of
Old 01-23-2004, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to the club. When I first drove an xB at the launch last may, I couldn't stop thinking about it for months, and here I am months after buying mine and I've still got the bug.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I was so happy to be apart of this Scion experience, I know so much about these cars, I am a "chronic test driver", I am beyond excited about getting one...
However, this "bug" they are referring to, is actually a "virus", it just eats at you, consuming you, devouring you to the point where you would scream or even threaten harm to touch a Scion, just to calm your nerves.....you can get a fix, you get to see it, you might get to sit in it, or even test drive one, but once you leave it, the "virus" returns and begins to eat away at you again...

I am the Doc, so I know the cure... I have ordered it, but it wont be here til March, so until then, I have to suffer through my DT's....

Doc
Old 01-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

lol ... Doc hit it right on the head! If you cruise past the Toyota dealer, you may catch a glimpse of the xB, just sitting there, waiting, calling to you. One of my clients is near the dealership that i have ordered my r.s. xB from, and out in front is the Black Cherry Pearl that we first saw, just sitting there, begging for a test run .....

I can only dream of the bright sunny day that i go and pick up my New Orange xB, with the sun catching it just right, and the color seems to glow .......
Old 01-23-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
I can only dream of the bright sunny day that i go and pick up my New Orange xB, with the sun catching it just right, and the color seems to glow .......
Dood, get the hell out of my dreams.... thats not cool!

Doc
Old 01-23-2004, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member

I agree that is a virus, and its eating at me hard core. The good thing is im somewhat patient and the toyota dealership here isnt picking up the line. the bad new is i have to drive 160 miles just to see one. So what am i gonna do, move to the town that sells them, lol. And the sad part is im being serious. I currentlt own a saturn and love everything about them. i probably can answer an question on them. And like my Saturn, Scion is another kick ___ off brand that wil blossom quickly. The bug for the xB bit me last year when i saw one at HIN, then it spread like wild fire after today when i got to test-drive one. i was happy just sitting in it, but when the salesman asked if i wanted to drive it i was stung. Your right it is a virus, and will be carring it for a couple of months till i can get stuff together. This is a kick ___ board and im glad to be a part of it.
-Blake
Old 01-24-2004, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Test drove an xB!

Originally Posted by xBfever
Heys guys i new to this board and new to SCION. But i got to test drive my first xB today. I wanted one already but was unsure of it. Like most people say pics dont do this car justice. Sadly it was an automatic, but it was surprisingly peppy. I cant wait to get ina 5-speed. Basically my views on this vehichle are everything i wanted them to be. Its a wicked looking ride, decent power, but the most important thing is all the room on the inside. I mean WoW this thing was roomy. Ig any of you are in the lubbock area go check it out. Of your not, call your local Toyota dealer and see if there gonna sell'em. Im getting one ina few months, and my shoping list for parts is already growing. Sorry to bug yall about this, im just really excited.
-B
just to let you know the dealer may be able to borrow a manuel from GSToyota. We have twice. And yes, the 5 speed is goood too.