First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

This Thread is just dumb..(Closed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MotoMan_YZ400
and for stock steelies being best.... tell ANY racing team that..... I went to a set of 205/45-17's that were MUCH heaver than stock, yes the rides a lil more bumpier, but the over all handling is better by 10 fold!! I could care less about ride, if i was all about the ride, i'd be in a lincon or a cadi right now. But i'd rather be able to cut some corners than be able to fall asleep in some modile couch....
i agree with him. the ride is just a little rougher and it handles alot better. I understand what everone is trying to say, but what i dont get is how is putting good look wheels or hubs is falling into mainstream. mainstream would be keeping your car original or making it look like crap. if you have the correct hubs or wheels then you should be happy with them no matter what you got. as in my case i have always wanted a good looking car. i have always liked cars. so i bought some enkies blew about 1300 on rubber and wheels and i am extreamly happy with what my xB now looks like.

am i done modding? NO!

Will i ever be? probably not.
will my car look like ____? no it will look clean and different from the rest. now how is that mainstream?

btw i know i went well beyond the point of this thread,
Old 04-17-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Geez, you guys need to lighten up/loosen up. If you can't have fun with a car like the Box, you're too stiff.

I wanted something to make it look different than stock until I decided what rims I wanted and tracked them down. I had GoldLines and spinners for a while. I could tell a bunch of funny stories about the spinners. One thing for sure, the motion attracts the human eye. The sad thing was many people didn't realize these were caps and did a double-take when I told them...

Old 04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry if i seemed to serious.... i just had to say something. anyways to be honest that doenst look that bad
Old 04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I saw a Hot Lava xB at Scion Exposed in Philly last October with those fake hubcap spinners on it. They were so cheap, the spinning part was wobbling all over the place on its mount thingy. Was a ghastly sight indeed.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

There's quality differences even in crappy spinner hubcaps! I timed one of mine that spun for a solid 2 minutes after stopping. Also, the internal part spun on mine, not the outer disk. I've seen some that the wind will stop them from spinning when they are rolling down the road. The ones that look like pinwheels attached to the wheels...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

spinners was SO last year...IMO
Old 04-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Banned
SL Member

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO GRAPHIC CONTENT
Old 04-18-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't forget to put some nice Nike Swoosh stickers on your car. hear those are the hottest things since slice bread
Old 04-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-18-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I would rather ride stock, than ride fakey's. I'll stick with my 17's, for now.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I hate hubcaps but cannot afford rims so... the first day i got the box the hubcaps came off and havent been back on since some 6 months later. i may just get rims , someday. lol . I HATE hubcaps on anything
Old 04-18-2005, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by hotbox05
I hate hubcaps but cannot afford rims so... the first day i got the box the hubcaps came off and havent been back on since some 6 months later. i may just get rims , someday. lol . I HATE hubcaps on anything
Here is a possible compromise. Spraypaint the steelies a chrome color. Would probably look stupid tho...
Old 04-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-18-2005, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have seen many toyota tercels with painted stock wheels
Old 04-18-2005, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You know, I knew you were joking, but not, when I read your first post. There are too many cars with 18 inch wheels, and all, for my personal taste. I have ENKI wheels, sure, but they are stock sized, on the Goodyear Eagles...and I love the ride, and the fact that when I show up at a SCION event, I am different. I like being different.

It's why I have the xB in the first place.

Oh, and before I got my 'rims' I had Chevy Caprice Hubcaps on my xB. And people thought they were rims.

Now those hubcaps are on my xA...

And, if the spinners had been cheaper, say, $20, for a set, I would have got those, just for laughs, if nothing else.

I used to have a t-shirt that said, 'Why Be Normal?'

Indeed.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hubcaps suck!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your right, I did spend ALOT of money On my 18" RIMS
Old 04-18-2005, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

TakumiJr was one of two people who entered their xA at the Exposed in Boston. His was stock while the other kid had spinner hubcaps...the kid with the spinner hubcaps one. Now, focus your pointing and laughter at TakumiJr.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only times anyone has ever commented on my wheels was when I put old skool American Racing 200S mags on my Sonoma (at a time everyone was going for billet) and when I put full moons on my xB. And the moons only cost me $80. I love 'em, but if I ever get tired of them, or if they get damaged, no big deal.

But the world is filled with people who are more comfortable following trends than departing from them. It's kind of odd, though, that people who own something as out of the mainstream as an xB would still fall back on mainstream modifications. Like the old gag says, we're all nonconforming, but in the same way.
[/quote]
Actually, I really like the idea of the "Full Moons". Design wise, I bet it looks really good on your xB. Good design occurs when you can step out from the crowd but in a way that's visually pleasing. Somewhere in another thread is a picture of an xB that's been changed into a California Surf Woody. This car has "Baby Moons" on it and it looks just right with that car.

The only modifications I've made to my Solar yellow rig so far is placing a rubber ducky on the dashboard. Also, my neighbor gave me a set of Sponge Bob Square Pants floor mats. Given the fact that the car kinda looks like a cartoon anyway, it seems to fit. If I want to give the car a more serious look, the rubber ducky is attached with velcro and I can easily replace it with a plastic Komodo dragon or Godzilla. Perhaps a hula girl....

Quick Reply: This Thread is just dumb..(Closed)