Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[
quote]
Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
You know, I knew you were joking, but not, when I read your first post. There are too many cars with 18 inch wheels, and all, for my personal taste. I have ENKI wheels, sure, but they are stock sized, on the Goodyear Eagles...and I love the ride, and the fact that when I show up at a SCION event, I am different. I like being different.
[img]

I'm sticking with the 15" setup for the reasons you mentioned....with all the potholes and uneven pavement, why ride with rubber bands? I haven't decided whether to go with hubcaps or wheels...the idea of "full moon" hubcaps in another post is starting to intrigue me..I think they would look great and exaggerate the flat sided look of the xB.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have rims. i like rims. you have hubs. you like hubs.

dont see a problem here
Old 04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I find it funny how people keep mentioning what is "in" and what is "out" of style. Personally I purchase what I like. If it so happens to be in style. Great. If its not in style. Great. I make my car look the way I want it to look. Im not concerned with trying to fit in or stand out. In concerned with making myself happy.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
You can't get much more ghetto than spinning hubcaps.
I second that.....
Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i love you guys.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO GRAPHIC CONTENT
Old 04-18-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those of us (the majority, I'll venture to guess) whose driving skill or style doesn't need the handling gain that custom wheels might provide -- why should we have to make a significant engineering change to our car just to improve its appearance? That is, what's wrong with nice looking wheel covers, if you can find them? Me, now I'm looking for a true hubcap or center cap to cover just the center of my steel wheels. I've always liked how they look on the Crown Vic taxis and police cars.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-18-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
Originally Posted by FrankenScion
You can't get much more ghetto than spinning hubcaps.
I second that.....

third
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i have full moons from moon eyes.. and i get proll more stares and ques than if i had rims...now i live in nyc,RIMS are only good on flat roads....spending madd money to have the blasted and bent on the 4 ft crators nyc callsl potholes is just a waste of money..i work in the city and i see blowouts all the time
Old 04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LaVa~NyC
hey i have full moons from moon eyes.. and i get proll more stares and ques than if i had rims...now i live in nyc,RIMS are only good on flat roads....spending madd money to have the blasted and bent on the 4 ft crators nyc callsl potholes is just a waste of money..i work in the city and i see blowouts all the time
Those look great! Do those Full Moons have a valve Hole? Are they stainless steel or aluminum? I can't decide whether to go with the Full Moon rounded look or the ones like you have that come to a point in the center.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spinners are tacky when they are the real thing. Spinning hubcaps are not only tacky they are cheap. They look cheap and are cheaply made. As with everything else, you get what you pay for. If someone out there is willing to spend money to get laughed at, more power to you.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MNxBGUY
If someone out there is willing to spend money to get laughed at, more power to you.
We all did! We drive little clown cars, for goodness sakes. I enjoy having fun, I'm not about status symbols, It's not a life statement. It's just a little low-end vehicle, a toy. How does it affect me if some stranger laughs or looks down his nose at me? That's their issue, not mine. I'll watch for the people laughing and giving thumbs-ups, those are the ones I like. The rest? I just brush em off...

The first couple of meets I went to had several Scions sitting on lots of $$ in wheels and their kids were more impressed with my hubcaps and had a ball spinning them all meet long...You can't BUY that kinda love!

Anyway...

Party on Wayne,
Party on Garth...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Originally Posted by MNxBGUY
If someone out there is willing to spend money to get laughed at, more power to you.
We all did! We drive little clown cars, for goodness sakes. I enjoy having fun, I'm not about status symbols, It's not a life statement. It's just a little low-end vehicle, a toy. How does it affect me if some stranger laughs or looks down his nose at me? That's their issue, not mine. I'll watch for the people laughing and giving thumbs-ups, those are the ones I like. The rest? I just brush em off...

The first couple of meets I went to had several Scions sitting on lots of $$ in wheels and their kids were more impressed with my hubcaps and had a ball spinning them all meet long...You can't BUY that kinda love!

Anyway...

Party on Wayne,
Party on Garth...
If you're doing it for show, all that matters is attention. Whether it's ugly or not, it doesn't matter. No one gives a second look at a clean xB. The car that gets the attention is the lime green one with 15" subs fiberglassed into the doors and hubcaps with spinning laserbeams on them.

I think spinner hubcaps are cool. Not because they look good, but because they're extremely stupid looking... If I cared enough, I would have thrown some on just to be funny... but I'm lazy, so I was stuck with those darn tootin' telephone dial hubcaps.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:06 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Shiney plastic.............

tis' ____
Old 04-19-2005, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$2000 wheels:

$50 spent on fake $2000 wheels:

Thinking anyone other than immature kids and crows give a damn about shiny wheels:

Posting the same mods as everyone else on internet forums, fishing for ego boosts:

People pour lots of money into what makes them happy, simple as that. If you can afford to do so, great. To assume it makes any difference is questionable, and to kiss up to those who do is idiotic (IMHO). I expect William Shatner and Burt Reynolds spend more on each of their hairpieces than we all did on these cars and their mods, because the appearence of a full head of hair makes them happy. But they don't pour their life savings into them, it's a luxury. What makes me is seeing people who are broke with no investment in their future, pouring all their money into temporary "bling" like this, thinking it makes them better in some way. And then complain that some system is holding them back or that they can't get ahead in life.

I say $50 imitation > $2000 real for the average person, particularly after you hit that first pot hole! But then my opinion isn't worth a fart in the wind, same as the rest of you. Have a joy-joy day everyone!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
You know, I knew you were joking, but not, when I read your first post. There are too many cars with 18 inch wheels, and all, for my personal taste. I have ENKI wheels, sure, but they are stock sized, on the Goodyear Eagles...and I love the ride, and the fact that when I show up at a SCION event, I am different. I like being different.

It's why I have the xB in the first place.

Oh, and before I got my 'rims' I had Chevy Caprice Hubcaps on my xB. And people thought they were rims.

Now those hubcaps are on my xA...

And, if the spinners had been cheaper, say, $20, for a set, I would have got those, just for laughs, if nothing else.

I used to have a t-shirt that said, 'Why Be Normal?'

Indeed.
I like those caprice caps!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MidLifeScionCrisis
Wow I wonder if my little joke post will lead to a whole group of people who go for wild hubcaps? Now that would be fun!!!
guaranteed. keep up the good subversion.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Hubcabs are Better than Custom Wheels & Rims!!

Originally Posted by MidLifeScionCrisis
Have you ever taken the time to read all the threads where people have spent all that money to get rid of their perfectly good "steelies" and "goodyear tires" just to get the super expensive rims bent on some pothole? Why go to all that expense when you can just buy some nice hubcabs? Let's face it the ones that come with the XB stock are not really that nice. In fact you can even buy "spinners" with hubcaps. Check out these fine examples

Look what the site that sells them had to say:

Get the look of the Sprewell spinning wheels at a fraction of the cost. These wheel covers fit over standard steel wheels and continue to spin after you stop.

The spinning hubcaps are ready for a fast simple installation. They are made of a high quality, lightweight ABS plastic and have metal retaining clip for a better fit and superior retention. They also rotate slower then the wheel while at speed, for added effect.

Our spinning hub caps run just $89.00 for a set of 4.

only if you got one of these to complete the look:

Quick Reply: This Thread is just dumb..(Closed)