Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Turbocharged Scion xb

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 05:18 AM
obi
5 Year Member

Default Turbocharged Scion xb

Hi, I just got back from a dealership in So Cal. They have about 8 xb sitting on the lot (all color available). I was going to pick a color and drive one home tonight. Then he told me the turbocharged version from Toyota is coming out in 2 weeks or a month. But he said he cannot confirm the release dates as Toyota always postponed the Scion release dates ...

He doesn't know about the price or anything else. So I decided to wait and see what you guys think or if any of you heard any news about the turbocharged version from Toyota?

At that dealership, I saw they have a custom black leather (front and rear) seats with sunroof installed on a silver xb. the seats cost $1395 and sunroof costs $1295.

Now, I can't really decide whether to get the blue or green color. after I saw the green one in person, i think it looks nice. white is also good. but i now prefer green, then blue, then white...what do you guys think?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just don't get a dark color like the blue or the cherry, they are really hard to take care of and show every little scratch and peice of dust. If i had it to do all over again i would get white...and DEFINATELY get the suroof, my dealer said it wasn't available :?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I havent herd about the turbo comming out anytime soon. If he said it was a special version that comes with a turbo......I call BS. If he said there will be a kit you can add on to your regular xB...then maybe. There is a limited edition comming out within the month but it doesnt have a turbo.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone brought up a turbo kit for the xB then I would have enough money to try to fab one for myself instead of waiting for the darn thing to come out.

Sorry to burst you bubble but they do not have any plans soon that involve a turbo for the Scions. They showed at SEMA but never told a release date to it.

Oh yeah get the green...it's really nice. If I didn't get the Blue that would have been my next choice.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:43 AM
obi
5 Year Member

thanks for the replies. I also think the turbocharge won't come out anytime soon. He told me I can add it on in the future if I decide to buy one tonight. I think the sunroof is really nice...but for $1295, it's kinda expensive when you consider how much the xb costs.

The dealer also told me the green and blue is getting extremely popular now. Blue will be a safe choice for me. but green looks surprisely nice in person...still struggling...
Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member

that sounds a little funny from the dealer. normally the dealer says stuff to sell the car at that moment. when he told you it's coming in a few weeks or months, that just sounds like he didn't want to sell you a car.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:57 AM
obi
5 Year Member

i guess he knew he made a mistake in telling me that. Otherwise, I would buy one tonight. But when I know they often have all the colors in stock, I'm not in a hurry to get one. my research on xb goes on...and on...
Old 01-29-2004, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Your making too hard on yourself. Just print a quote from the site pick your color and order it. Thats whats nice about it......an hour of research an your good to go.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my dealer said that the s/c would be out in a month or 2 for sure ...... hahahahahahaha ... i now know that it won't be offered for anything but the tC

lesson learned: DEALERS LIE TO SELL CARS!!!!!!

can ya tell i'm a little bitter :twisted:
Old 01-29-2004, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey OBI whats going on I have a green scion i love the color. i have got a lot of complements i also work for the #1 scion dealership in the state Longo Scion so if you have any questions give me a call ill help you in any way possible.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toybox1
my dealer said that the s/c would be out in a month or 2 for sure ...... hahahahahahaha ... i now know that it won't be offered for anything but the tC

lesson learned: DEALERS LIE TO SELL CARS!!!!!!

can ya tell i'm a little bitter :twisted:
thats why people need to shop around for a good/trustworthy dealership.