First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

two weeks (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default two weeks (I hope)

My '86 honda broke down for the 3rd time in three months and desided enough is enough. Went looking ... I hope to pick it up on the 2nd. My problem ... wanted a white one - with not a lot of extras. Can get a white one now ... but with $2000 in extras ... don't want. So I wait.....should be 13 days to the day from when I ordered.

Moo
Old 01-04-2004, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Xb

I picked up my xB on the 2nd [Yesterday] from CABE toyota in Long Beach [Kenny Rossi was cool ...]. Here are my first thoughts ....

1: It's weard not having anything in the dash infront of you ... but I like where the cluster is. I thnk we could get a kit that goes in the traditional place that has water temp, oil pressure. vacume pressure, and I'd like to see for us autoguys a transmission temp guage as well. It would ve nice if it was digital and matched the yellowish color of the other gages. This would make a good option to add to the car. I'd be lots would buy it. I DON'T like not haveing a temp guage. With gagues you can do somthin' before anything is damaged.

2: Yah cruse control would be nice.

3: Did ya know the mirrors can be folded back for "Parking in tight spaces". Also are heated with the defroster is on. [ Somthing that MBT didn't know]

4: Why can't toyota get someone with better english skills to translate the manual. Do Japanese mfgs do that on purpose so that we KNOW it was made in japan?

5: People still don't know what it is ... or still just think "it's the bomb" [that still the right phrase?] I got LOTS of stares and ppls looking at it today on the freeway. [Or was it my driving he he] [I had a bmw drive around it a few times.] Most of the looks were from the younguns but not all.

6: Gusty winds [ and one large truck] did blow it around a bit ... worse then my Jimmy ... but the xB is much lighter. Nothing I could not control but still noticabull.

7: The thing is ROOMY. With the seats down you can move a small apartment [I did that today] (funitchure not included).

8: I'm gonna have to play with the sterio to get it to sound "right". Kenny didn't seem to know about the xA/xB setting ... but it WAS set correctly.

9: Ya know there are two trip meters? I think that is kewl.

10: Zippier than I though it would be even when loaded up with a bunch of junk. I have NOT pushed it too hard yet ... does <not that I have driven it this fast or anything ha ha> 80 no problemo.

11: I might just have to drive it some place for the heck of it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 01-04-2004, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

600 miles in two days :?: I've had mine for about three months and it only has around 2k.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Banned
SL Member

600 does sound like a lot of miles for 2 days. Either a typo or i hope you got a price reduction for buying a used car.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

It was prolly a Demo/Test Drive vehicle, they prolly gave 'em a deal 'cuz of the milage, either that or he got so excited that he drove & drove & drove, which is Prolly what I'll do, but not 600 mi, maybe like 300 (100mi to the 'rents houses, 100mi back, then the around town extra)

Congrads on the purchase, I can't wait until 02/03/04 when they get released here.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Nope ... I get I got it it had 13 Miles.

Nope no typo. When I got it it had 13 miles. I put 1 of them on in the test drive.

Long beach to Redondo beach to woodland hills (San Fernando Valley) to Vista (San Diego North Cownty to Rancho Bernardo to Carlsbad to home to woodland hills then back home.

It was about 600 Miles in 24 hours if you want to know.

AND I drive 50 miles to work ONE WAY ... which is why I needed a gnu RELIABLE car!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats on getting your Moo-mobile, Dulcimoo!