Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Ugly POS...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if anything got hit with the ugly stick it was the way the tc's look lowered, with the tucked rear tires, yucka!
Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm not a fan of the lj garcia widebody kit to begin with.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not hating on Xa's, im just saying that THIS Xa looks really bad. I'd give it another look if it had big enough rims to fill out the wells, but they would need some BIG rims, and big spacers too. Also, i hate hooked up cars without tint...it's like...you spent that much money on a body kit and stuff...and couldn't spend just another $150 or whatever to get tint. I think tint completes the package IMHO.

I dont hate all Xa's (but I will say that a bone stock Xa is not my cup of tea in the least) But I really like the Orange and Black Xa in that one scion commercial with the guy talking about it. Other than that....I'll stick with the tC.

-Alex-
Old 04-14-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's paul natividad's, and it's in the featured cars on this site, 01/2005, check it out.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionxR
funny how only tC owners hate on the car. Ive got an xA with the same kit, 17's, and i cant find spacers wide enough yet also. I think tC owners are upset at the amout of possible mods the xA can have that the tC cant. Also what makes this car any less than any of yours? Darkness, why are you hating on the xA? That LJ Garcia kit brought attention to the public about Scions and the capability. Its a kit like that which helped Scion continue and make a PLAIN COUPE like the tC a reality. With all that said i leave you with another "Ugly POS" as you call it...
Wow talk about defensive. I think most of the people were just commenting on this PARTICULAR xA. Not all xAs in general. Out of all 3 scions, xAs and xBs are either well liked, or hated with a passion, whereas the tC is generally liked by all. So I think that was a weak tC comeback.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xbilly
It's paul natividad's, and it's in the featured cars on this site, 01/2005, check it out.
um pauls is orange
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is it about the bad pic of the first xA we're hating on? The widebody type kit or the tail light covers? Personally I don't like the tail light cover accessory, but to hate on the whole xA!?

ScionxR: Your xA is hott, sorry to go off topic.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry but that is one ugly xAbortion. Nice that the color matches the body kit but the taillight thingie is nasty and if your going to get a wide body kit wait until you find spacers or wheels that fill in the HUGE gap on the sides. The front fender doesn't really look right either, like even if you put 19's in there the fender gap from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender is going to be a good 1 or 2 more than the rear. As for wheel spacers? I seriously think that 6 inch spacers aer a little more than dangerous on these cars. RWD offset would be the way to go but either way the handling is accually going to suck as you'd need to fight the stearing wheel to drive straight.
That body kit reminds me of this car. But his wheels are spaced right
http://<br /> :eyebrow: <br /> <br...body kit make?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Hey guys, work in progress. . . jeez. This thread should be closed. . . it is absolutely worthless. Nothing but arguing and complaining about a car that is obviously not done (that kit is pricey, and spacers are cheap). I'd bet good money that it will one day be a show car, and outshine most of you complainers. But I agree, it's whack the way it looks (unfinished). We should be complaining about why he didn't leave it in the garage.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Widebody kit without the wheels to fill the wide part looks pretty goofy, but should look really good once the spacers get on.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I cant find spacers that go wide enough. Once i can i will space it out then drop it as much as possible w/o rubbing. As for my widebody xA i am trying to make it a show car. The kit and lights were a start. Then CF Hood, gas tank, B-Pillars, and a few more accents will finish the outside. Then the work will start on the inside. Under the hood i relaize it will never be a fast car, but i will turbocharge it and add aesthetically pleasing parts. So if anyone knows where to get the parts to space it post up and i will continue my work of art.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

three years ago, that style was the ____. i think ppl are hatin cuz almost everyone is past the riced-out-show-car phase now.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hnefrdo
three years ago, that style was the ____. i think ppl are hatin cuz almost everyone is past the riced-out-show-car phase now.
I never knew that style was ever in.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me either
Old 04-15-2005, 01:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, I'd never put a wide body kit on my xA unless I had the wheels ready to go.
Unless I just wanted to be silly, I'd install the wide body kit and roll around on spare tires on all 4 hubs.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i dont know guys what u dont like about the black xa ......the image is bad first of all and a "girl" as it looks like drives this car .........somebody talking about rims ? hm as far as i can "see" they do have some nice 17-18' rims "chrome" The body kit might not be painted or the picture is just so bad.......anyway if i look at the blue xa looks same as the black 1 just different color and GREAT paint job !!!!

more power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Darkness,

Where in Detroit did you see that? I've had my xA for 8 months now and I've only seen a handfull of them... and the only one with any mods at all besides mine is Tom's, autopainter13, and his is an rs1 so that isn't him...

~chris
Old 04-15-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It reminds me of a...dear i say it... "A ricey civic"
Old 04-15-2005, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think xA is a good economy car with the reliability that Toyota has established. personally i dont like the looks of it all that much nor the matrix and if i was going for a good economy car i'd probably go with a corolla, but looking at the xA more i find more reasons to like it.

But that body kit is just too much. *thumbs down
Old 04-16-2005, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that car has "gone too far." That's my $2.00, however each their own.

Quick Reply: Ugly POS...