Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]
View Poll Results: Do you think Vip tuning will get popular here in the states?
Yes, people will like the idea and catch on
55.56%
Maybe, but its gonna take a long time
30.56%
No, youll get laughed at
13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Vip Tuning! (help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have been working the VIP theme from the first day they released my xB back in June of 2003 still getting parts and pieces but I do think it is on the edge of blowin up in the Scion community. I only hope that it doesn't open up a bunch of knock off low quality shops. That would ruin the whole concept and vibe in my opinion... True some things for the bB will need to be manufactured or modify to fit the xB. I don't think getting knock off stuff from ebay is a true VIP culture but then again that's my opinion.

Sometimes the more rare and harder to get items; makes it that much more rewarding and unique...

Old 07-27-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="THE DON"]In the USA we have "lowrider" style instead of "VIP"

i'd like to see a box with chain link steering wheel like the lowriders...
Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not entirely for sure, but i've heard that with those tables, if you can get your hands on one, you can just flip them upside down and place them on the USDM side. They come non assembled, so you just assemble them backwards, can anyone verify before people go out spending a butt load of money for stuff they can't use on my account =D
Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my buddy in the USAIRFORCE has just been sent back to Japan

he should be emailing me soon and will have some free time to...
GET MY BB STUFF DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!
he sent an intake so far, TopFuelZero1000
it hits the battery of my USDM xB

i will try to keep this thread updated when i get info :smile:
Old 07-27-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by suspended
I'm not entirely for sure, but i've heard that with those tables, if you can get your hands on one, you can just flip them upside down and place them on the USDM side. They come non assembled, so you just assemble them backwards, can anyone verify before people go out spending a butt load of money for stuff they can't use on my account =D
I checked out a Garson table at RRR and it is not laminated on the bottom some parts are assembled. I was going to buy one but it was the beach theme style and I decided to order a luxury one. I will have to disassemble and have it delaminated and redone in Japanese cherry wood. It will be costly but IMO it will still be JDM and I will have all the proper badges and trim pieces. I hope to have this and the Garson deluxe privacy curtains in a couple of months
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that beach theme is so COOOOOOOOO!!!!!
hopefully some of mine will be done for HIN Dallas
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please please please measure it for us or trace it and scan the shape.

And I don't see it catching on here. If you look at the set of people that are modifying cars, it's not really a group that's going to care much about tiny little details. These people want a big visual impact with every part-cf hoods, huge spinner rims, crazy head/tail lights, racing seats, etc. They won't be the ones sourcing seatback coathangers from japan and dropping money on square-tufted leather.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Well I go to Japan at least twice a year. When I go later this year, the first place Im stopping is Autobacs and then this one garage in Osaka I hang out at sometimes... My old roomate back in college there had a bB with a big azz chandelier in it!
If you're ever in the ATL, there is one section of town that has nothing but Japanese businesses including a Japanese bookstore. I can get many of the VIP style guides there, and order what I dont see (but god I miss Kinokuniya!)
Here's another website about the VIP trend I look at sometimes. www.VIPStyleCars.com
Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by starrwulfe
Well I go to Japan at least twice a year. When I go later this year, the first place Im stopping is Autobacs and then this one garage in Osaka I hang out at sometimes... My old roomate back in college there had a bB with a big azz chandelier in it!
If you're ever in the ATL, there is one section of town that has nothing but Japanese businesses including a Japanese bookstore. I can get many of the VIP style guides there, and order what I dont see (but god I miss Kinokuniya!)
Here's another website about the VIP trend I look at sometimes. www.VIPStyleCars.com
Hey man, im seriously trying to plan a trip to japan but i dont know where to go or what city to land in and where to stay. I want to visit mostly the automotive scenes there and see the drifters and stuff. I dont speak a word of japanese either so i dont know. Could you possibly help me on ideas on where to stay and stuff like that, because i dont know anyone there either, but i just want to go, its been a dream since i was little. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toy xbox
Originally Posted by suspended
I checked out a Garson table at RRR and it is not laminated on the bottom some parts are assembled. I was going to buy one but it was the beach theme style and I decided to order a luxury one. I will have to disassemble and have it delaminated and redone in Japanese cherry wood. It will be costly but IMO it will still be JDM and I will have all the proper badges and trim pieces. I hope to have this and the Garson deluxe privacy curtains in a couple of months

Hey make sure you let us know if that works, cause i was looking at the garson one also, but i dont know how to read any of that stuff, all i can do is see how it looks and see for myself if i can modify the table to fit. So make sure you get back to us on that one. and good luck
Old 07-28-2005, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now is the time to go to Japan
summer is nicer for racing and all sorts of fun fun fun

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE WITH VIP MADNESS
Old 07-28-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heading to Japan in October. Might get Garson camber shims and head to South Yokohama for some interior trinkets. Heres the site for those not in the know. www.south-yokohama.com
These guys build American style by the way. We don't that do we?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That VIPstylecars website was cool.

I am now on a quest for curtains.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this site has a kool aero kit for us http://www.a-m-s.gr.jp/
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toy xbox
I have been working the VIP theme from the first day they released my xB back in June of 2003 still getting parts and pieces but I do think it is on the edge of blowin up in the Scion community. I only hope that it doesn't open up a bunch of knock off low quality shops. That would ruin the whole concept and vibe in my opinion... True some things for the bB will need to be manufactured or modify to fit the xB. I don't think getting knock off stuff from ebay is a true VIP culture but then again that's my opinion.

Sometimes the more rare and harder to get items; makes it that much more rewarding and unique...

Hey what grille is that? that thing is _____in and so is your ride!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damd grill, along with the whole damd imperial body kit ;-)
Old 07-28-2005, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't get me wrong — I like VIP style. However, in the US, I think you'd get laughed at. However, if I could afford it, I'd rock some crazy camber and a Fabulos body kit.

And, as much as I like the crazy-cambered back wheels, I don't think I could bring myself to have to replace tires prematurely.

I think it's cool, but I don't think it'll catch on. I could be wrong, though.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, the camber isnt that much, you dont have to use crazy camber, in fact more then 5 degrees is basicly non daily driveable. or you dont have to use any cameber looke at that doods box above ^^^^ besides, the people who are going to laugh are probably driving a civic anyways =)
Old 07-29-2005, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Tsuihousha
Hey man, im seriously trying to plan a trip to japan but i dont know where to go or what city to land in and where to stay. I want to visit mostly the automotive scenes there and see the drifters and stuff. I dont speak a word of japanese either so i dont know. Could you possibly help me on ideas on where to stay and stuff like that, because i dont know anyone there either, but i just want to go, its been a dream since i was little. Thanks!
Well I grew up in Inglewood, CA by LAX and a ton of expat Japanese kids went to my school. So I grew up learning how to speak Japanese. That said, I mostly like Osaka Kobe and Kyoto myself (collectively called the Kansai area) because I went to college there for my masters and got to soak up the urban hip-hop and VIP racing culture there. I really only hung out in Tokyo for about 8 months when I was working for Reuters and didn't get to do much. Most every major city will have accomodations for those that are Japanese-impaired. All streetsigns, trains, and so forth will be in both Japanese and english. But the more Japanese you know, the better time you'll have if you're not tyring to do the typical touristy stuff. For example I got hooked-up with the orignal midnight-club racing circuit thru my roommate (big-azz-chandelier-bB-guy) He and his cousin used to race down in Nanko harbor, Osaka (If anyone has been to Osaka, this is that area that is by Universal Studios Japan.) There I saw I bB do about 13 seconds... I know it had NOs, but was it still an auto tranny?
sorry to veer off track for a moment. But seriously-- Id say either Osaka or Tokyo for your first time out. You can't go wrong in either place.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

This is from Kobe-- next to Osaka in Japan--

As you can see, most folks into VIP in japan ain't really doing things much different than we are...

I wish I could get these plates though... REAL japanese plates have to be turned back into the Land Transport Office when you're through with them-- no souvieners! But I have seen them on ebay...

Not your mama's minivan! Check out the rear spoilers! Flight 725, you're cleared for take off!

Now thats what I call kakkoi! I want that Intercooler!

not VIP look, but y'll would do this too if you saw one here in the States!!

Quick Reply: Vip Tuning! (help)