Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Water leaking on Passenger Side Floor, but without..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Water leaking on Passenger Side Floor, but without..

The A/C running. I have the heat on!!! I open my hood and I notice its coming from what appears to be a hose.
I can clearly see the water dripping from it. It's starting to rust the screw/bolt that lies below it.

Any help?

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-25-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 11-29-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like your heater core hose may be lose or ruptured. If there aren't any hose clamps visible you'll need to go in behind the glove box to get to it. I don't recall offhand how that area looks under the hood. If you're unsure what to do and you're under warranty you should take it to the dealer. Good luck!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default XB

It seems like the hose that the water is dripping from is disconnected from something.......don't know if I'm right or wrong. Is it suppose to be leaking water from my heat being on? Is this a major problem? Also, when I press the gas, a sqweaking noise comes from the pipe in the back (don't know if that has anything to do with the leakage) any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You definitely shouldn't have any leaking from any type of hose, especially when you see leaks inside the vehicle. That isn't normal. However, if you see condensation around the AC condensor (I believe) after using the AC then that is normal.

I'm not sure about the squeeking noise you're talking about. Do you mean the exhaust pipe?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's no leakage inside my car. However, its dripping from a hose that's under my hood to the back on the passenger side. The a/c is not the problem.....its when I have the heat on. I'm going to take a look at it again on my break. Like I stated earlier, it looks like its been disconnected from something. Has anybody else experience this?

P.S

Yes the exaust pipe.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anybody else
Old 11-29-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a hose on that side of the car that discharges water when your a/c or defroster is on. The condenser builds up a sweat and has to drain and it is usuall out of a hose on that side. As for as the squeeking what pipe is it coming from? The exhaust pipe?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

When you have the defrost on you are actually running the AC as well. All cars do this now-adays as it keeps the seals in the AC system lubed and prevents drying them out.

If i had to make a guess, you had your defrost on, and it was a little muggy out like it has been here in the NorthEast the past few days. The condensor will cause condensation and that will "leak" from a drip tube located on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The squeal you hear is not an exhaust leak. What you are hearing is the main drive belt slipping. The xBs are notorious for it. I have since replaced mine and even the new one squeals a little. The GF squeals so bad im going to replace it with an OEM belt and not the one that you can get from PepBoys.

BTW ... if the liquid that leaks is clear, your alright. There isnt a clear liquid that runs the car. If it is green or bright red then its from your radiator or your heater coil. Then you have reason to worry.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What color is the fluid? That will help you narrow down where it could be coming from ie coolant verses water.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I had that exact same problem and it was repaired under warrenty...there was a kink in the a/c drain and the condensation was backing up and spilling back into the car...soaked the entire front floor