First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

WeatherTech xB Stone/Bug Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fr130
EDIT 09/05/04...after about two months, i took mine off. It is okay but the windnoise is abit unbearable at times. Also, it seems that the Box cant go as fast in higher speeds due to increase in windresistance More importantly, I think more rocks and bugs are hitting the windshield than before. At least I could here and see stuff hitting the windshield more often. Buy at your own risk. :D It does make a good rain gutter or direct water away from the outside water "faucet." Especially when you have a basement.
I have been thinking along these lines too. I seem to be getting more wind noise. I don't remember hearing the wind noise before I installed it, but maybe I just didn't notice it before. I think it may be helping some with the bugs and stones, but the wind noise is annoying. Can it be easily removed ( the tape is holding it on) and can it be re-installed with new tape if I find there is no change in wind noise?

Oddly it seems like the sound is coming from the mirrors, like the wind is being directed there.

Sean
Old 12-23-2004, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had cut small squares into the removable adhesive backing, expecting to use small pieces of adhesive along with the screws. After screwing it on, I left all the adhesive striping unused. It is still very snug.

I can't imagine the adhesive would make it any tighter.