Well yesterday I totaled my 05 TCM XB

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Well yesterday I totaled my 05 TCM XB

Well yesterday I was cruising down the road, when a lady decided she wanted to turn right in front of me , I was cruising about 60 mph, and we hit basically head on , It was me , My wife and My liitle girl, We all had our seat belts on and my Daughter had to be life flight out to the childrens hospital , Wich she suffered a bad head injury to the top of her for head, that took over fifty Stitches, Luckily she only suffered a concution, and no brain trama or broken bones , just a bad , and I do mean bad cut right above her eyes, I myself was taken to the local hospital, later released with cuts and bruise's and whiplash, and a banged up face were it had hit the driver side glass and it shadered, but the tint on the window save me from getting sliced to pieces, My wife suffered just cuts and bruise's too , and went on the Helocopter with daughter, My Daughter is doing alright and is home now with family , and hope to make a full recovery. She is only 8 yrs old and it scared the living daylights out of me , and We have no Idea what she hit , she was wearing here seat belt correctly.
Thanks for any prayers! and I will try to gets some pics of the totaled box next week posted, Russell
Old 05-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh my.

I am glad to hear that everyone will be OK.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Wow, thank God your OK. It's the little things that we can be thankful for. Sure the car is gone and you guys got hurt, but we can be grateful that you are still with us. Cars can be replaced, people can't! Glad to hear your ok
Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

That sucks! Thank God everyone is doing better, and wishing your little one a speedy recovery...Hope your wife makes the best of her Mother's Day today...Crappy timing for a wreck but like others have said and will continue to say, cars can be replaced, lives can't............
Old 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear you and the family are okay.

I'd say the xB held up pretty well if you guys are all alive and were hit head-on at 60mph.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

geez, well atleast you are all still here and healthy, could have been much worse
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that bro! The main thing that you and your family are okay! Hope that lady has some good insurance! Maybe you can get another box! take it eazy!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member

Glad to hear you and your family are OK. My recommendations are to get a lawyer. You, and your family have been put through alot with the possibities of you daughter having a life long scar. Sorry to get all technical but did you see a police report yet and find out who is at fault for sure? Later

Dan
Old 05-15-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Man, thats some weird shiet, well Im glad your not badly hurt, too bad about your B, but like everyone up on top said Cars can be replaced, YOU CANT, so hope the little one and your wifey get beter asap, and you too...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OMG!! That's scary. Well its glad to know everyone is doing better. I also wish ur daughter a speedy recovery!!! And what everyone else above said!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

May you and your fam have a speedy recovery....
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm sorry. i'll keep your family in my prayers.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with a small vehicle defencive driving takes on a totally new meaning..
get well soonest ya hear!
3.5+ million miler and still learning
Old 05-15-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad to hear that you all made it out ok, and wish you all a quick recovery. That lady should have her liscense taken away and put through driving school again

Interesting about the tint keeping the glass out. I wouldn't have thought it would have been that resiliant to an impact.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so you know how lucky you are, especially if you were driving, a friend of mine had a very similar accident in Austin. The Eclipse they were in ended up on its side, and he remembered hanging out the window, "well, guess this is the last breath I'll be taking." He woke up in the hospital 3 days later with his left foot absolutely crushed. He was on cruches for about 2 months, and still walks with a bit of limp.

Glad to hear everyone is going to be fine.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

RaddRussXB, all of ScinergyGA is praying for your family and especially
your daughters speedy recovery. Please let us know if there is anything
the club can do to help. Call on us to help out for anything!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
2xB
5 Year Member

Default You are very blessed

You are very blessed, and I'm glad to hear that your daughter is OK.

My sister was in a terrible car accident on Jan 15th and is still comatose. She was rear ended and, knocked into oncoming traffic and t-boned. She was in a Cavalier and the other two vehicles were full size trucks. I shudder to think what my xB would have looked like after a wreck like that. Her car ...you can sit in the driver's seat and rest your arms on BOTH DOORS.

I bought a BOP xB last year, before I made my first payment, it was totalled. A woman travelling in the opposite direction of my car (heading towards me) lost her wheel, it hit my car at 120mph, destroyed the front of the car. Thankfully it didn't come through the windshield. My 6 year old and 3 year old daughters were with me. We all walked away ( I was bruised from the airbag, and my youngest was sore from the seatblet, but checked out fine by Dr.), but a wheel doing that much damage made me think. I still bought another after that, xB (camo) and within 2 months it was hit on the same road by flying debris (ATV seat) and it caused 1200 in damage. My wife and youngest daughter were with me. The other guy just took off, the seat was wedged under my car....so ANOTER insurance claim (the other lady from the last wreck had no insurance). On good friday, I was on my way home from work on Hwy 59 in Houston, an horse trailer tire blew and went right under my car.

My camo xB is now for sale at Robbin's Chevrolet in Humble Texas.

I went back to a full size truck, and feel much safer. 21 gallon fill up lasts me 7 days (06 v6 ext cab Silverado). And it's MUCH quieter, and more comfortable. But, in the xB's defense, also costed 4K more. The kids fit great in the extended cab. 20mpg or so on average....

I have found that gas milage isn't everything. In a city where there aren't tons of big trucks running around, I'd feel alot asfer in the xB, but in small town Texas, you take your chances.

I just wanted to share that with you, in case you were having the same thoughts I did after my first xB wreck.

Glad to hear you and yours are OK.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. What's the status on the dumb broad who turned infront of you? Hope she learns a lesson.

--Dennis
Old 05-15-2006, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Prayers out for your daughter,and family.Hang in there.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what a terrible thing to happen! Hope Everyone has a quick recovery. Keep us posted on how your daughter and family are doing.

Quick Reply: Well yesterday I totaled my 05 TCM XB