Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]
View Poll Results: what color xb should i get?
white
55.17%
black
17.24%
thundercloud metallic
27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

what color should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I fell in love with the box (for some perverse reason) when I first saw them in 2003. I could not decide on a color. Everything seemed so bland. THEN I saw the Solar Yellow!! Anyway, if it was not for the yellow I was debating on the white or the TCM. Still not sure which I would get if forced between the two. The white is very adaptable to a number of modifications and themes. The TCM is very sharp when running on some gunmetal rims. I would say that my experience with white is that it does not get as dirty as you might think. Ok, I vote on white---no TCM--no--

Good Luck!! You can not go wrong either way.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i should go white too.. but whenever i see airecks as well as MattyRattyPoo's thunder cloud xb's makes me go like dammm!!!.. the only problem with thunder cloud.. not too many different color wheels go..i have yet to see a nice white as well as a black xb..
..i have a black car right now and man.. sucks cause u can see all the small scratches and ____.. the good part about having a metallic/silver car is that whenever there is smal scrathes they are hard to notice.. cleanin a black car is a main too.. cause asume u dont do it right . looks like crap..
for now..
any one has any good pics of some black/white xb's?.. please post them
Old 08-13-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: what color should i get?

Originally Posted by implayaz9
i am planning to buy an xb pretty soon. i always wanted a white car.
There's your answer. And the reason too. What else is there to say?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I was sorta in the same boat. Ever since my ex-girlfriend showed me her white car, I've always wanted one. Plus, the xB looks AMAZING in white...but I didn't learn that until I saw it in person. I almost bought SRP, but then I saw them next to eachother and I instantly changed my mind. I recommend going to a dealer and looking at all of the colors in person if possible. White can be hard to find (at least around here) since buisness owners want white for their company cars. I am waiting for my xB to come to port (Tuesday!).

You've got all the pros/cons right about the colors. Black is a royal pain to keep clean. As the xB is all about practicality for me, I decided against black for maintenance reasons. From what I hear, white cars in general are really easy to keep clean...but not as easy a silver, I imagine. You haven't considered SRP? After white, red pearl would be my second choice.

My boyfriend just bought TCM yesterday (see my thread "I have brought him over to the dark side" for details). I wasn't a fan of that color at all: way too popular and neutral for me. But, he has black wheels with a silver lip, and it really adds a level of masculinity that I've never seen in that color. I guess the wheels bring out the darkness in the paint, or something, I don't know. The color is definitely growing on us, as he was planning on buying a black car. His xB is used, so he didn't have much of a choice.

I saw a picture of a white xB with the top half painted black, with black wheels (with a polished lip). It looked really sexy. The thing I love about white xBs is that you can't lose with a white/black theme. Always looks good. Just be prepared for a slightly higher number of "that's a toaster on wheels" comments because of the white color. Then again, any color is going to get a fare share of comments...I have been drilling my boyfriend about the answers to the most common questions, since he knows nothing about xBs!

Let us know what you decide, and post pics!!