Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]
View Poll Results: What do you like better?
IIP xA w/White Wheels
13.64%
IIP xA w/Bronze Wheels
45.45%
PW xA w/White Wheels
18.18%
PW xA w/Bronze Wheels
18.18%
SS xA w/White Wheels
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

What do you like better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What do you like better?

When I get my xA I know one of the first things I will want to get are some new Rims, Shoes, Wheels or what ever you want to call them. So im just taking this poll to see what other xA owners like. I already know the brand of wheel I want along with the size. Im just not sure what color I want. Also not sure what color xA I want. So this poll might help me pick one.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I say IIP with bronze, looks like it would be nice. the IIP is alot darker than the pictures make it seem. I first got mine I thought it was almost Navy Blue.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I have seen some pics of that 1 xA with the bronze wheels & polished lip. Thats what has gotten me thinking about the IIP.

Edit: Also if ppl are reading what is being said here what one of these colors would look good with a Carbon Fiber Hood?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also see I need to learn how to make a poll. Another option that should be up there is SS xA w/Bronze Wheels
Old 09-01-2004, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think a Silver Streak with bronze would be tight!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

i say either white on white or bronze on white....but thats what im trying to figure out what I want on my white one.....
Old 09-01-2004, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As a slight add in I found out that these:

Are the same cost as the TE37's. So I would also look into that wheel. For a pic of it on a xA family member:
Old 09-03-2004, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like the PW w/bronze, but i don't think a CF hood would look with that combination tho
Old 09-04-2004, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Polar White with the Bronze TE37's, though I don't beleive they offer them with a Polished lip. Most of their 1 peice wheels are single color, with the exclusion of the Diamond Cut Metallic finishes. BTW, what size wheels? Did you think about the TE37 Cups at all? They're a tad more $$$ but quite nice on the kei cars. Do you plan to lower it too? That's another quick super cheap and easy mod that goes miles in the appearance deptarment.

Old 09-04-2004, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had not looked at the cups. I was mostly looking for light weight. I found that the TE37s & CE28N Weigh some where around 8Lbs or so. Im going for a 15x5.5 to keep with the light weight & will run a Falken Ziex Ze-512 195/60HR15 Tire for a estimated weight of 26Lbs per corner. I know im kind of crazy, going to fork out almost $1,500 for 15" wheels :oops: but im not a big fan of big wheels. I do like the look of this TE37 Cup:

I might look into it but I want to keep with the low weight thing so with it coming in a 15x6.5 I think it will be about 9Lbs or so. Also got any suggestions where I could get Volks for cheap? The current place im thinking of is www.upgrademotoring.com. Also yes I do plan to lower it a little with some Tanabe NF210, I want it to be lowered a little but I still need some ground clearance. Over all seeing I will be in the air force & not needing to pay much I will be able to put a good deal of money into my xA. Right now my list of parts is going to run a total of around $7,000 . I know some ppl will say if you going to spend that much on parts why not just by a better car. I want a car that is different, so the cost aint that bad.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

bronze!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
I had not looked at the cups. I was mostly looking for light weight. I found that the TE37s & CE28N Weigh some where around 8Lbs or so. Im going for a 15x5.5 to keep with the light weight & will run a Falken Ziex Ze-512 195/60HR15 Tire for a estimated weight of 26Lbs per corner. I know im kind of crazy, going to fork out almost $1,500 for 15" wheels :oops: but im not a big fan of big wheels. I do like the look of this TE37 Cup:

I might look into it but I want to keep with the low weight thing so with it coming in a 15x6.5 I think it will be about 9Lbs or so. Also got any suggestions where I could get Volks for cheap? The current place im thinking of is www.upgrademotoring.com. Also yes I do plan to lower it a little with some Tanabe NF210, I want it to be lowered a little but I still need some ground clearance. Over all seeing I will be in the air force & not needing to pay much I will be able to put a good deal of money into my xA. Right now my list of parts is going to run a total of around $7,000 . I know some ppl will say if you going to spend that much on parts why not just by a better car. I want a car that is different, so the cost aint that bad.
We are on the EXACT same wavelength! I got a TCM xB and I want the lightest 15x6ish wheels I can find and I came to the TE37's (all the variations weigh pretty much the same give or take a few ounces). But I like the Cups especially.

Call Felipe Ramirez, the owner of Velocity Factor (VelocityFactor.net or (561)395-5700). He tells me he can get em cheap, but I don't know if that's for me only or not (he's a friend). Your best bet is to tell him the lowest you can get them for, and he'll try and beat it. The cups are VERY unique and have not yet found a single car with 'em. If I can't get Sebring ITC Sports then I'm getting TE37 Cups...
Old 09-05-2004, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes light weight is the only weigh to go. I will give him a call when I do look into buying some wheels. Im still thinking of just going with a 15x5.5 Volk TE37 Bronze with a +35 offset. The 15x6 on upgrademotoring is listed at 3.7Kg so thats 8.14Lbs. The 15x6.5 is 4Kg so thats 8.8Lbs. So if that weight is almost constant in the change of weight between size the 5.5 should be about 7.48Lbs. The tire I want to run weighs 18Lbs so thats 25.48Lbs. I read some where here that the stock is 37Lbs so thats a 11.52Lbs off each corner. Add that up & I get a weight savings of 46.08Lbs. That would be like gaining 2hp right there. Now if you go off the rotating weight that each Lb of rotating mass is like taking 3-10Lbs off the car I could have a estimated drop of 138.24Lbs-460.8Lbs. So thats a nice weight drop. Thats the reason why im going to stick with the TE37 15x5.5. Also we would not want to have the same wheel now would we
Old 09-05-2004, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, providing these wheels are under 9 pounds each, I will be getting these:

They're not chrome, but polished silver, so it is quite possible. The drawback is that no-one I've found imports these wheels. So I'll prolly wind up getting the Cups.

Do you know what brand/model tire your goning to get yet? It's hard to find weight info on tires. I'll let you know if I find some lightweight wheels myself...
Old 09-05-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

White xA with Bronze TE37s.

Will also look great with a cf hood.

I don't like the cups because of that fake lip stuff going on...it just looks like those wheels belong on a golf cart. Stick with a nice offset set of regular TEs.

For the same price, I would get TEs over CE28ns any day of the week.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mill0048
Well, providing these wheels are under 9 pounds each, I will be getting these:

They're not chrome, but polished silver, so it is quite possible. The drawback is that no-one I've found imports these wheels. So I'll prolly wind up getting the Cups.

Do you know what brand/model tire your goning to get yet? It's hard to find weight info on tires. I'll let you know if I find some lightweight wheels myself...
Im going to run a 195/60HR15 Falken Ziex Ze-512 from www.edgeracing.com unless someone can tell me where I can get them cheaper then $39 a tire.

Originally Posted by JDMxB
White xA with Bronze TE37s.

Will also look great with a cf hood.

I don't like the cups because of that fake lip stuff going on...it just looks like those wheels belong on a golf cart. Stick with a nice offset set of regular TEs.

For the same price, I would get TEs over CE28ns any day of the week.
Yeah I like the looks of the TE37 over the CE28Ns unless I wanted to go for that rally car look. The best offset I can get is +35 unless I go custom or spacers both would cost more money & I am some what cheap. Also I want to keep the tire inside the well because it would creat less air drag then if it was flush.

So right now im looking at a Bronze TE37 15x5.5 +35 with a Falken Ziex Ze-512 tire. Also going to be running some Rays Engineering Performance Lug Nuts. That will also lower some weight (About 1.5Lb.)

Now I just need to get a xA.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member

I think the TE37's are great, I've tried them myself on the xA. One thing though, since the xA's body is quite fat, you would need something bigger than 17" rims for it to look nice.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KandaBelhart
I think the TE37's are great, I've tried them myself on the xA. One thing though, since the xA's body is quite fat, you would need something bigger than 17" rims for it to look nice.
Im going for all light weight. If I went 17" I would only drop something like 10 Lbs off the whole car. Also Im a little crazy at times & drive my cars off road . Also like I said im not a fan of big wheels. The last thing to is with the 15" tire im going for I get a 420 Treadwear + a 60,000 mile warranty while if I went with any thing over 16" I only get a 320 Treadwear + a 30,000 warranty. Im not a big fan of buying new tires every 2 years.