Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

What is this JDM and VIP everyone is speaking of?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I don't know what is VIP or what is JDM, everyone got their own taste and they can call their style what ever they like, but one thing I don't get is, why everyone thinks running camber in rear means VIP. euro cars been running cambers since mid 80s and no one called them vip style cars, The only reason some one would need camber if they are running really wide or low offset wheels, just my 2cents, Sean JDMP
Old 06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by fsr20det
Originally Posted by hotbox05
century's are dope. and vip lexus's are sick too.
if you are refering to the cars above that is a nissan president-limo version of q45 like the bmw 750 IL is the limo(longer) version of the regular 7 series, next is a toyota celsior japan version of our lexus ls430 and the last is a nissan gloria/cedric. not trying to be a dick just pointing it out. i love VIPcars. at the last minute i bought the xb instead of a y33 q45/cima damn v8's. in japan they come w/ a turbo v6.

my quote from another thread"in the end it's all about style. people say jdm this and jdm that, but some jdm cars are just as ricey or worse then some u.s. ricers(you ever seen a 5 foot exhaust shaped like a star at any car shows here?) even VIPcar style was so ricey before it developed and changed in to a much cleaner style. i like the jdm clean race inspired or modern clean VIPcar style, the best."

VIPcar is all about luxury and almost opposite of race tuning. usually cars that are 4door sedans. sc300/400/soarer's are not usually considered VIP. cars that are slammed w/ big deep dish or wide wheels but are not race inspired. example a 240sx/silvia slammed w/ big wheels are not vip. they have a similar style but not quite the same. if you took a silvia and threw leather, tv's, dvd, cutains, courtesy lights, marble/wood tables and trim etc., etc, and put big luxury style rims and more of a clean instead of aggresive kit then it would lean more towards VIP tuning but not really a true vip car.

Oh I know I was just pointing out what i like. lol. the best kits for vip look imo are junction produce.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyBoX
I don't know what is VIP or what is JDM, everyone got their own taste and they can call their style what ever they like, but one thing I don't get is, why everyone thinks running camber in rear means VIP. euro cars been running cambers since mid 80s and no one called them vip style cars, The only reason some one would need camber if they are running really wide or low offset wheels, just my 2cents, Sean JDMP
It's because the US tuners are copying the japanese tuners who copied the european ones.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

actually no. european sports and luxo cars have independent rear suspension and when lowered you almost automatically get mad negative camber. it wasnt for style it was from lowering cars to handle better for racing and so on and so forth.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Max2k
Originally Posted by MyBoX
It's because the US tuners are copying the japanese tuners who copied the european ones.
I guess US tuners should give more attention to details instead of trying to look for deals, and count how many mods their have on their cars, some of our cars look like damn moving billboard nowdays !! But hey as my best friend says, to each his own !!peace, JDMP
Old 06-14-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very much agreed on the details tip. Too many people overdo it by putting every part they can find on the car. It's all about discriminating taste.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

the only VIP car that i can think of is the stock Maybach...

Old 06-14-2005, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I guess US tuners should give more attention to details instead of trying to look for deals, and count how many mods their have on their cars, some of our cars look like damn moving billboard nowdays !! But hey as my best friend says, to each his own !!peace, JDMP
that is so true. its not about how much crap you bought or how much you spent. its about style and class. there was a guy i heard about who has an xb and wants to sell it because he spent like $15000 on it and he never wins at the shows. he says they are all bias and its about who you know, not what you have on your car. she is like his car is real nice so i asked what he had on his box and she was like all these diff. color lights and tv's playstation, etc. etc. real rice shizzle. i told her man, if i had even $10000 to spend i would be winnin shows left and right. im not being conceded but i have been in the scene for a while and am pretty confident i could build a decent car.

another story: a friend of mine had one of the cleanest sr20det 'd silvia front ended 240's.built head, mines ecu, race coilovers, rx-7 red, silvia front,trust vspl fmic, 16" gab's painted gold in the center, etc. this was long b4 it was the in thing. he threw his 89 $250 s13 in the show and took 3rd place and got a sponsership from endless(1 of the judges flew in from cali and worked for them. just so happened my friend from intermediate school was there also at the show. he had a 99 altima turbo'd, headrest moniters, rh c2's, neon, decals, huge jgtc type wing,basically bunch of rice crap. he even trailered it to the show because the turbo setup wasn't even tuned right. i mean to me it was so wak, like instead of building a car he just threw money at his car to try and see how much stuff he could do. he took 2nd place and it was basically for the fact that he threw in so much $$ that they couldn't ignore it and gave him sympathy.
they both ended up selling there cars but last i heard he had such a hard time dumping it he kept dropping the price, whereas my boy got offered so much money he just couldn't refuse.

[/quote]
Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^that's so true. se hawaii has a few stories to that effect. but can't really say on here.

anyway after seeing oper8tors and mybox's box's. those were so inspiring. i was almost done with my box, but now i wanna do a whole bunch of stuff.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by katchkillah
^^^^^^^that's so true. se hawaii has a few stories to that effect. but can't really say on here.

anyway after seeing oper8tors and mybox's box's. those were so inspiring. i was almost done with my box, but now i wanna do a whole bunch of stuff.
i feel that.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey fsr20det, have we ever met?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

edit
Old 06-15-2005, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THNK
Old 06-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Kory, wait til you see Sean's box now. Its even crazier!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cassidy
the only difference is the dipark has samall door caps, which shine street didnt
yeahh, that and that the S/S are more are angled out a bit.. the dipark kit just used the door panels to make the bB look more square/boxy. other than that the the rear is a full replacement of the bumper. yeahh, I do agree that the kit looks a bit similar.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could go into more detail. How about this. opr8r's xB is considered Luxury style. His wheels are a cross of VIP-Euro. Squirrel's car would be considered Euro-Sporty. Cars and vans in Japan done VIP usually have adjustable upper tierods to create wicked negative camber. Cars with solid rear axles use the camber shim. You can build a car VIP, Euro, Sporty and American style(e.g. LA style)and Luxury. Here are some websites of companies in Japan that use these different styles.
www.w-blood.com <---VIP
www.spirits-world.jp <--VIP
www.noblesse.co.jp <---Euro
www.kenstyle.co.jp <----Euro
www.tra-kyoto.com <--Sporty
www.damd.co.jp <--Sporty
www.tenkfubu.com <---Luxury
www.Veilside.com <---Luxury
Can anyone guess which kits are what on this website? www.garson.co.jp They build three different looks.They are not what you may think
You can next decide if you want to build a combonation of kits like Euro-sporty or something like that. And no, Fabulous is not considered VIP. They are Luxury. Have fun with the websites
Old 06-15-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Just wondering, how did you figure out the style name for each company !! JDMP
Old 06-15-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great links, JDMJim!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bB Bible Vol. 2. It's the greatest resource I have ever bought for car. There are even articles to explain different suspension setups, cutting fenders for air ride, what wheels to buy for the style you want to go with.
By the way, the site that doesn't work is www.tenkafubu.com I missed a letter. Try these too,
www.g-corp.co.jp <---make your xB like an Escalade
www.usaracingsports.co.jp <---JDM Fab knockoff? Like the slit in the bumper.
www.plus1inc.com <---Astro van bB
Old 06-16-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

links arent right . i wanna see the fab knockoff but site link aint workin. hmm

Quick Reply: What is this JDM and VIP everyone is speaking of?