What was your biggest waste mod?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reactor
...Cautiously waiting for my $35 grill to arrive
good luck man, what seller did you order from?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by battlebox
Originally Posted by Reactor
...Cautiously waiting for my $35 grill to arrive
good luck man, what seller did you order from?
Specrracing. It better be good cuz i'm not nice when i'm not happy.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd
my biggest waste mod would have to be.....

Scion tC.

LOL

Love the xB now!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

biggest waste of money... for me was my cold air intake. i spent bux to get it, and paint it... now its peeling and looks terrible. lucky for me the have CF ones on Ebay now for about the same amount. shoulda just spent the bux to get one that wa actually finished, and not made by me. another mod i hated were my rims. i shoulda waited, not rushed into buying them, and actually saved and shopped around. i bought a set without tires off ebay, and had a pain in the ___ time buying tires locally, only to find out a nicer pair of Rays G-Games would have cost 300 bux less look better, and be a better rim all in all!

cheap headlight bulbs, replaced headlights, had to buy new bulbs, still bought cheap-os, and now regretting the whole headlight swap! coulda saved 200 bux in bulbs and new headlights, and just gotten HID kit!!!! or NICE headlights.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is it about the cargo cover that is bad? Is it poorly made? Does it not roll up easily? Does it break quickly? Any specifics would be great since I'm sure I'll have to get one. I carry lots of gear in my car and I have to have something as a "view block".
Old 09-08-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by battlebox
My biggest waste was buying a JDM speed grill look-alike off of ebay for 35 bucks. The grill had virtually no curve to it and the mounts were WAY off. In the process of refunding it now, though the dealer is only offering an exchange for a supposed "new shipment" of grills that are supposed to be higher quality... because they got other complaints of bad fitment.
Save your money and buy the real thing! $300 is worth it for the quality and factory fitment!
Got the same grill from ebay. I had plans to mod it anyway, but the three grills I have had on the xB so far all need to be mod'd. Buyers beware lol. All I can say is the grill I got is primer color, close to TCM. It's not chrome nor does it fit right. Luckily I got some patience with stuff like that and soon I'll be taking it apart and doing some stuff to it.

and yes so far it's the biggest waste but for 35 bucks I can't complain. I'd rather spend fun time with the B and save 250 for the supercharger fund. lol
Old 09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The strut bar. Installed it at 500 miles and immediately felt no difference. Removed it at 5000 miles and again immediately felt no difference. I saw no reason to keep it in view of these disadvantages:
1. Made it more difficult to install the cruise control module.
2. Prevented the air cleaner lid from being removed, making it more difficult to install the air filter.
3. Interfered with adding fluid to the brake fluid reservoir, making spills more likely.
4. Blocked access to the power steering fluid reservoir.
5. Rubbed against a rubber hose coming out of the engine cover.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

buying a knock-off bodykit, the extra 600 bucks for the real deal is worth it. dont waste 500 on a kit and a grand on a repaint for 2 years of headaches.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSpouse
Originally Posted by biblicone
Originally Posted by tvc15_2000
Cargo Liner good.
Cargo Cover OK
Cargo net useless.
I agree with the cargo net being useless... but isnt the 'cargo net' mainly only for holding your stock wheel when you get a flat and put on your mini spare tire? I thought I read some instructions that came with the net. Either way, it is still useless.
The net for holding a full size wheel is a different thing. There is an elastic cargo net that stretches from side to side in the back, and is moderately useful for holding items and keep them from moving around. It's sort of like a wide, shallow, elastic string bag.

For us, the net is good, the cover is just OK. A really good one would be a window shade style.
I bought a pack of three these plastic L-shaped load holder things at Walmart for $10 and I love them. The have velcro on one side so they fasten to the cargo bed easily and they hold all my cargo perfectly still.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm curious about the quick shift from the dealer. One person on this thread said he liked it. Anyone else wanna chime in on it?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaveKennedy
What is it about the cargo cover that is bad? Is it poorly made? Does it not roll up easily? Does it break quickly? Any specifics would be great since I'm sure I'll have to get one. I carry lots of gear in my car and I have to have something as a "view block".
It's mostly that the dang thing is hard to install and remove, and when it's installed it's in the way all the time. That, and its flexibility makes it fit poorly and not look as good as a ridgid piece would look. Of course, it wouldn't roll up if it were ridgid . . . .

I liked the setup on my '76 VW Rabbit; that was ridgid and there were cables that hoisted it out of the way when the hatch opened and let it back down when the hatch closed. When I get a round tuit, I'm going to modify my cargo cover to work like that, if I can......
Old 10-20-2006, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'll have to argue with the fact that the cargo cover is useless and poorly made and hard to install. You just have to hook the left side frist and then pull over to the right... how hard is that... :?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member

I spent a few bucks on a "dask overlay kit," which turned out to be a flimsy sticker as someone else has posted. I actually put it on, and needless to say was very cheesy. I eventually took it off.