First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

whats up with BBist.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="BlackTop"]
Originally Posted by BlackTop
yeah, my flares fit like butt and my headlights leak that steve dude just blew me off with some bs excuse about how they'll clamshell and fit right...............that company blows, good riddance

thats WeK_SoS
Old 04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

yeah, my flares fit like poop and my headlights leak that steve dude just blew me off with some bs excuse about how they'll clamshell and fit right...............that company blows, good riddance

Sorry to hear about your flares not fitting, but if you have an item mass produced, not everything will come out to fit right. Majority of the time, the fiberglass part would have to be altered. As for the headlights contact Sonar on that. Its not bBist product. p/m me your conversation with him and I'll discuss it with them.

as for good riddance. Before bBist how many Scion aftermarket companies were out there and stood up for "our" hobby and lifestyle?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ive got no complaints about bbist....(but i do wish he still had Boo Boos)
Fiberglass, never fits off the go, it has to be shaped. Sonar lights...(thats Sonar, sometimes they leak, sometimes they dont) Bbist just sold them.
Sorry to hear Sh*t hit the fan.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
^^ Yeah some of those parts they've been selling have been rather poor fitting with 0 customer service to correct the issues.

yeah i absolutely agree. all of my stuff was warped. my duckbill doesnt meet the top of my hatch on the driver side. i also got the fab kit and the only that fit properly was the side skirts. the back bumper did match the shape of my hatch so i couldnt open the hatch with out it hitting the bumper. the front bumper didn't meet my front fenders at all. bbist.com told me to heat it up and bend it too fit when i called. but the my body shop said it cant be done cause it was fiberglass. they also said that all the kits get warped after they are made from sitting around in the warehouse. so the whole experience was a complete disaster for me. there customer service was horrible in my opinion. it just seemed like they were trying to give me every excuse possible so they wouldnt have to send me a new kit that actually fit my xB.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SEXB909
yeah, my flares fit like poop and my headlights leak that steve dude just blew me off with some bs excuse about how they'll clamshell and fit right...............that company blows, good riddance

Sorry to hear about your flares not fitting, but if you have an item mass produced, not everything will come out to fit right. Majority of the time, the fiberglass part would have to be altered. As for the headlights contact Sonar on that. Its not bBist product. p/m me your conversation with him and I'll discuss it with them.

as for good riddance. Before bBist how many Scion aftermarket companies were out there and stood up for "our" hobby and lifestyle?

they were a series of phone convos no pms, and.........fitment is one thing, the flare being and inch shorter than the wheel well is a whole different story, yeah i know fiberglass can be changed and all that, my gripe is i shouldn't be paying for something that is "ready to paint" when i have prep, spot fill, sand, and then paint only to find that they dont fit even a little bit.

He knows they dont fit, why do you think is return policy states no refund on opened items, and when you ask him about it he says they'll fit just bolt em up.............because once you do that he can say "oh well not my problem you opened them"

and as for the how many aftermarket shops were there? none but what can you expect someone always has to be first
Old 04-29-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never had a prob w/ bBist.
You guys jthat have bought FGlass bodykits have to remember that it comes out of a mold.
Its like the old video tapes. The 1st ones are great, but when you copy that same tape 100 times the quality of it goes out the door.
I have an AIT FAB kit on the car and the fitment was crap.
Julian's Autobody wanted to shoot me because of all the extra work that had to go into the kit to even make it fit right. Thats not including the custom stuff that was done.
My fender flares fitment was crap also. I have no idea who made them.
Most FGlass parts that are made need to go to a shop and redone.
Thats why companys recommend professional installation.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

^^If they come outta molds how can parts be like making a tape from a tape over and over? Unless the molds change sizes or break the 500th piece should be exactly like the first.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Not if they don't take the proper channels to preserve the mold. Also, if there is build up on the mold then the size of the finished product will get smaller.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

OK, that makes sense. I can see that happening over time. Thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First yes bBist has done a lot for our hobby in offering parts and building his gen 1.

How ever as soon as a part does not fit right that is when the customer service went out the window. The response of telling someone to heat fiberglass up to make it fit is a standard answer for them and we all know that is impossible. It is not poly.

I have never heard of the fender flares fitting well from the start so it is the original mold that appears off. Also if customer satisfaction was a concern then the parts would be checked for fitment before leaving the factory where they are made. Quality assurance should not be a foreign subject just because they are after market fiberglass parts.

Sorry to see any business have hard times but sometimes it is not due to the economy and it is due to the how the company handles itself.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Have to agree....it stopped me from ordering a front lip, rear spoiler and fender flares....once I saw the problems....so I went in another direction
Old 04-30-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Its fine and the comments by everyone is accepted because your opinions and thoughts do matter. Its just one more Scion gone and it happens to be the one that brought the most press, advertised Scion owner/enthusist in this game. Also helped open the doors to the noobs out now to claim fame and soon to be flamed later on.

Oh the business didnt go south, its just over saturation and moved into a different line of business. Just dont want any rumors flying bBist went bankrupt.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

everyone agrees thay helped promote the brand/culture.... some of us just expected a better and longer term relationship as the brand and the owners are still here
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its fine and the comments by everyone is accepted because your opinions and thoughts do matter. Its just one more Scion gone and it happens to be the one that brought the most press, advertised Scion owner/enthusist in this game. Also helped open the doors to the noobs out now to claim fame and soon to be flamed later on.

Oh the business didnt go south, its just over saturation and moved into a different line of business. Just dont want any rumors flying bBist went bankrupt.

Would that be making parts that actually fit the cars they're made for?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Would that be making parts that actually fit the cars they're made for?
ouch
Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could go on for days about their parts quality and customer service.

I owned the very last CF N1 lip from bBist....worst part I have ever bought.

I am now the proud owner of a K-1 CF lip from cftype. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in fitment/quality/customer service.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dp
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never a problem with bBist. even though i only ordered one part from them. that were the 501's got them in a week and thats fairly it. i have a set of second hand flares. yeah their not perfect but they do what they are suppose to FLARE
Old 05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I'm kinda surprised this topic hasn't been deleted yet?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
I'm kinda surprised this topic hasn't been deleted yet?

it wont be.

Quick Reply: whats up with BBist.com