First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

What's your favorite xB insult?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
Last night I was sitting outside my friend's house when his mom shows up. It was getting dark and she's looking over my car. She says "What is that... a Kia?"

I'm out on bail, court date is on the 27th.
LMAO!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i pulled into the strip club parking lot the other night. my friends were there first. when my wife and i got out of the car, they all started singing the Flintstones theme song (a couple of them said the xB looks like the flintstones car).
Old 11-02-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mjnolan
Crossing the border back into the US from Canada, the U.S. border guard said "You're too old to be drivng that!" Yes, 37 is old, but I'm NOT driving a Buick!!!! What a

If you crave attention, take your xB to Toronto. EVERYBODY stares at your ride...

Names/Questions

Baby Hummer
Hearse
Milk Truck
Good Humor Wagon
Matchbox
What's a "Sky"on?
Im 17 and i am currently driving a 94 buick skylark.. lol untill i get my xb
Old 11-02-2005, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Insults?

Pulled up to a hilljack carlot $1000 or under place called MOMS. Owner thought it was a customized cut in half AEROSTAR. LOL! Well I live in a small town and own an 2006 bc XB. LOOKS EVERYWHERE. I like to tell them "ITS SO UGLY ITS CUTE". I believe its true. Every where I go people are gather around with lots of ?'s. Hey, I love it and its NOT A CIVIC. Every one has one!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

a slow looking dude pulled up to me with a 350z at an intersection and reading what he says he says to me "wow a box that's original" so I roll down my passenger window and yelled "yeah, it small and boxy but I can drive it because unlike you I'm not trying to make up for anything" so he yelled "f#$@er" and turned the corner screeching his tires to show some machismo, *****
Old 11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, bound to happen, right?

My box is 2 1/2 weeks old. Conversation today went something like this...

Neighbor lady: How do you like your new car?
Me: I love it. It drives like a go kart!
Somewhat irritating neighbor lady: Is it a Hybrid?
Me: No. Hybrids are gas AND electric. It does get 35+ MILES PER GALLON though!
Dumb a$$ neighbor lady: Do you have to plug it in?
Me: WTF? Lady, heres your sign!

Are people really that dumb? Or just like the sound of listening to their lips flap in the breeze? Geez!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^
Had a similar conversation:

"Does it have a battery?"

"Yeah... all cars do."

I left it at that because I figured it would be too difficult and not worthwhile to explain.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member

Woohoo! I finally got one!

My neighbor can't drive and he told me that I can park my car in his carport (my wife parks in ours) and he said "Yeah that parking spot would be perfect for your go-cart.

Then he threw his hands up and apologized saying: "I'm not trying to insult you..." As if I was gonna beat him down for calling my car a "go-cart" hehe

Finally!

Old 11-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your neighbor derserves a nice present...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: not so much an insult...

Originally Posted by cladams69
some old guy (60+yrs or so) came up and asked how you say the name of the car, I told him, and he said "oh, I thought it was pronounced Skone, you know, the pastry you eat w/ coffee..."

dumbass.
I wouldn't be so harsh. If you've not heard the name pronounced by someone that knows, or not read an article that describes the pronunciation, you might not know. After all, how often does the word scion get used in normal conversation (scion as in 'descendant', not Scion as in the car :-) )

My wife had problems remembering the pronunciation when we first started looking for a new car for her. Now, she's the happy owner of a BOP xB.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

I had my Yellow Box parked out front of the Funeral Home I'm a Director in. Upon finishing some arrangements, the elderly son of the deceased asked, "Whose ugly yellow ca.....," but caught himself halfway through, realizing the look on my face!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSpouse
I wouldn't be so harsh. If you've not heard the name pronounced by someone that knows, or not read an article that describes the pronunciation, you might not know. After all, how often does the word scion get used in normal conversation (scion as in 'descendant', not Scion as in the car :-) )

My wife had problems remembering the pronunciation when we first started looking for a new car for her. Now, she's the happy owner of a BOP xB.
Though I knew the pronounciation, I learned the meaning via a crossword puzzle. I'll bet you that was not part of the marketing campaign.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jamesgang

Though I knew the pronounciation, I learned the meaning via a crossword puzzle. I'll bet you that was not part of the marketing campaign.
You're on! (but how do we determine the winner?)

It really would not surprise me to find out that Scion was chosen as the cars are scions of Toyota.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.needcoffee.com/html/dvd/scion12.htm

Laugh all you want, but some people say this was one inspiration for the name.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's been awhile since I've read this whole post, I can't remember if this has been said. So, my apologies, if it has already been said.

Thanksgiving, everybody was talking gifts, and the family said, all they were going to do for me was put a big bow on my box for Christmas.

Dear Santa, all I want is some rims, tvs,.......
Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member

At work I got hay who is driving the coffin on wheels in the parking lot over the PA speaker.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a co-worker who recently returned from Japan where there are boxes all over the place. She keep saying she can't believe I bought a box but she bought a Ford Escape, they are almost the exact same shape!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My little cousin just laughed when she first saw my car.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jamesgang

The MEANING I can buy many wouldn't know, although the word is used constantly on cable TV, it's just not a word everyone would know. BUT - the PRONUNCIATION... now you just have to be dense. There is not a single word in the English language where ANY word that starts with "SCI" that sounds like ANYTHING resembling "sky". SIGH-on.

It doesn't take a rocket sky-entist to be able to pronounce Scion correctly without having to sound illiterate.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

my friend: are you ___?
me: no, why?
my friend: well, because your car's paint has glitter on it!

Quick Reply: What's your favorite xB insult?