First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

What's your favorite xB insult?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When I bought mine my mom asked "did they gave you a free loaf of bread with the purchase of the toaster."

A guy I work with said "Your car has a fat lip." I replied "Keep talking and you will have a fat lip too."
Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Last night filling up the car at the low price of 2.95 a gallon a guy in a big truck said he couldn't believe people were dumb enought to buy one of these ugly things. I live in a town of 16 thousand people and the only two xb's I have seen are in my driveway. Anyway I said I would make him a bet. Lets figure out who gets better milage and the loser (person with the worst milage) buys the winners gas. He shut up and then I commented to my wife about his jacked up ford truck, I can't believe people are dumb enough to buy one of those things. He didn't think I was funny.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Found this one on another site. referring to the xB spy shots --

I spied one of those in my kitchen this morning, it toasted my waffles.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i think it is funny how the guys at work can constantly talk crap about my box but yet they are always making cool looking models of it!!!it is amazing how the XB has an effect on people!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

yea i get "toaster" a lot.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default The names..

Ok.. coming in late. haven't read these forums.. or any in a few weeks.. work is kickng my ___..

Names.. well a few..

The boss.. roommate.. and everyone who knows me... Affectionetly calls it "The Toaster" and if I could.. (Damn tx rules) I was going to get the plate TXTOAST

I ditched my 2000 Dakota for the Toaster.. and I love it.. it's zippy.. and the MPG speaks for itself..

I have heard ppl call mine a Box.. a toaster.. a Lego.. and an oversized Combat boot..

Funny thing is.. a few ppl.. (Ones that I know.. or like the boss's brother) talk ____.. and put it down.. untill I hand them the keys and tell them to drive it around the parking lot.. or around the block.. they come back. and ask "So.. how much was that.. where do I get one.. and do they have it in xxxxxxx colors"..

It's different.. it's not the standard run of the mill car.. and Discount Tire calls it a Micro Van..

I love my xB.. infact. looking fwd to showing it off in Dallas in Aug for QuakeCon..

So.. next time these West Texas Truck F*#ks give me crap.. I am going to do the "Let's compare MPG.. person with the lowest buys the other's gas"

BTW.. my house has 3 vehicals.. My xB Roommate's Suzuki Arieo and his wife's S-10

I bought mine.. he bought his. both sticks.. I get better MPG. but he has the bigger engine.. her S-10 was inheareted from her grandfather so I can't knock it..
Old 07-20-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no insult bothers me it makes me happy people hate it makes it that much more special
Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when im playing halo2 with my friend (my name on the game is tC and his name is xB) I always yell out "YOU FREAKIN BOX!" when he kills me out of no where. we both dont take it in an offensive way

and yeah he has a yellow xB and he said some kids wrote "yellow anus" on his box and spilled ice cream all over his windshield and he was only parked on his driveway. he said hes a heavy sleeper haha. No damage, just washed it off and it turned out ok.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member

LMAO, i really like the Toaster one.

i'm the newb who hasnt gotten harrassed by co-workers, friends or neighbors. so far, everyone has either kinda liked it, or loved it. as do i.

but before i got mine, i used to call them LUNCHBOXES!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pocket hercules!!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

One of my co-workers suggested I should cut out some foam rubber in the shape of bread and glue it to the top of my box. My response: I just got 36 mpg, how much does your big ole' pick up get? He just slunk away...
Old 07-25-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My favorite is: "paint it brown at write UPS on the side"
However my least favorite is: "Over rated"
Old 07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default girl car

I put a front-end mask on my new Salsa Red box.

Second day at work I told a female co-worked that I had bought a box. Then had to take her out to show it to her (she thought it was cool).

Male co-worker (who drives a turbo volvo) followed us (not a jerk, just playing), and says - "A red box, with a bra. That's a girl car."

I responded without thinking, "Yep. Every guy should drive a girl."

Then had to apologize to the female co-worker. The guy thought it was hilarious though.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member

*Grimmace* "You drive that?" (pause) "Its ugly"

Then they get inside

"Oh my god where is all the room from!"

Then if they still don't like it, i tell them to check out the back door, then I smack them in the face with my auto rear door opener =).

(I'll post how I modded the backdoor soon =)
Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The nieghbor lady said "it square just like you" when she first saw it. But now she likes it!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My very good friend met me at a restaurant one afternoon. He rode in on his Harley, and parked next to my xB. We sat down at a window that overlooked our rides. I looked out the window and said, "D@mn, those are some good looking rides!" He agreed, and then started talking about ways we could mod mine together. After a few minutes, he turned around and looked the other way saying, "I'd better stop looking at it. I'm beginning to like the $%^&*!"

Not really an insult, but hahahaha! This was coming from one of those (excuse the slur) "Jap is crap" type of people. I'll get him one day. He'll own an xB one day. Bwahahahaha!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I was purchasing my box, there was a little 3-4 yr. old girl at the dealer with her dad. She saw the box as they were walking by while I was climbing into it for the test-drive and said "daddy, ice cream truck" (hence the name). We all laughed hysterically, including the salesman . True story.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This guy in the post office today said that if I put a huge bolt on either side it would look like Frankensteins head!

But when I told him MPG he said he wanted to test drive one! ha!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I posted this already but the only hate I've gotten was one guy in a parking lot that was singing a song to the tune of "Hail to the Redskins" only the line was "I hate Sky-ons" (mis-pronunciation of Scion and all).

I didn't even bother with him other than saying OOOOKAYYYY good night buddy as it was 2AM in a 7-eleven and he was clearly toasted
Old 09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The one I got the other night from an old man at a gas station.

To my gf and I : "Whos idea was it to put 4 wheels on a box?"
"Ya know what I get 30mpg with that thing"
"Well I should hope you get good gas milage from a box"

Prob didn't help that I had VSC off as I drifted into the gas station on a wet road. =-D

Quick Reply: What's your favorite xB insult?