Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Why do most XB people have no personality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Why do most XB people have no personality?

There are so many xbers out there who just don't seem to care about what they are driving...you pull up alongside or pass them head on so they see you and...nothing

VW people (anyone especially with an older one like pre 2000) were always waving, peace signing, something when they saw a VW that had any mod.

I see xbs with wheels, tints etc (nothing serious) and they don't even acknowledge that you are there and then I also see other people in non-modded boxes and they see you and it's like a reunion-smiles, waves, knowing looks that you are driving the coolest thing on wheels. :D

Is this pretty common from what you guys and gals see out there too?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah its hit or miss some bought it for economy/room and are not into the car thing
i wave/peace all the time kinda split down the middle weather or not i get a response
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't wave or anything. If someone waves at me i'll acknowledge them but I bought the car for me, not to join some kind of social group.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i honk or wave and 75% of the time i get a response back. now with my brothers tc they dont even realize they are driving the same car as him most of the time hahah
Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wave, honk, flash lights, wiggle my ears, whatever and usually get zero response.

Some of us appreciate our boxes more than others.

Tom
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I wave to all xB drivers. I get less than 50% acknowledgement. Hopefully even for those non-responders it cheers them up, even if just a little.

I don't wave or anything. If someone waves at me i'll acknowledge them but I bought the car for me, not to join some kind of social group.
Glad to see you involved with Scionlife: a social group revolving around the vehicles we drive
Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
I wave, honk, flash lights, wiggle my ears, whatever and usually get zero response.

Tom
I don't normally do that stuff. But yeah, if I get a wave I'll try to wave back. Kind of dwindled down recently. Maybe because I've been vandalized by other box owners taking my emblems and what not....but of well.. still have love this car... with 20 dings too! YAYY!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxy_But_Good
I wave to all xB drivers. I get less than 50% acknowledgement. Hopefully even for those non-responders it cheers them up, even if just a little.

Glad to see you involved with Scionlife: a social group revolving around the vehicles we drive
Please... I use it to get info on the car and look at what mods people are doing. My life doesn't revolve around it. That's all i'm getting at.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

most of the time I see soccer moms driving and they are too busy talking on teh cellphone to even see me wave...

During our trip to Nashville, we saw several xBs and I waved at all of them...NONE waved back...one DID give me some odd stares...none were modded in any way, not even TINT(which I consider mandatory in TX).

I will keep on waving to xBs when i am driving ours...be when I am on teh bike, I just look them over..and wave to the other bikers...
Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

well there are a lot of people that dont care. They just bought the car because it was a good price and reliable. I do notice that many other xB drivers dont even give a look at my green box
Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I don;t care if the box is stock. most people are just driving what they bought, like most cars and their drivers.

most of the thumbs up and acknowledgements I get on the road are from random car enthusiasts. bmw's , vw's , few scion owners.

i give all motorcyclists extra room , and the v for victory . and they looks at me like i'm retarded as well.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beep and wave very often. I very often get a wave or other acknowledgement back. Often the person is already staring at my paint job however so the response may be like thanking them for lookiing in their eyes.../shrug...who knows
Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas

Tom
SO TRUE but SO SAD at the same time!!! Basically people that bought their xBs early on are the ones that really wanted only an xB. The others just got them to drive cause they were cheap/reliable transportation and not into cars. It's sad to say it but the xBs of the people that aren't really into the xBs will be our future xB parts cars.
I still wave to all of them cause there are only 3-4 xBs total in my county and to see one is still rare in my area!
Even 3+ years later I get the old question... WOW, What is that and who makes it? People really do need to get out more but I'm still loving the attention the box brings me each day I get to drive it!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

same here...seems like a lot of jerks drive boxes...i mean even the modded ones (what little we have)...only a couple of people are nice actually but its rare
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zombietime
It's sad you feel this way cause you are missing out on a great group of Scion people by not joining a local Scion club.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
IV ACE

If I see a clean car, Scion or not, (I'm into road racing, and JDM-like tuning, so I'm picky at what I consider a clean car) I'll give them an thumbs up. Now if I see what I consider a riced out car I'll ignore them. If they rev at me and their car looks like crap I give them a sarcastic applause, that usually ____es them off.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gotta remember...the majority of people that bought xbs were the ELDERLY! i swear.

scion missed the social group they were originally trying to sell to. most young people think the box is dumb and square.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by snowromance
gotta remember...the majority of people that bought xbs were the ELDERLY! i swear.

scion missed the social group they were originally trying to sell to. most young people think the box is dumb and square.
I think that you're right but still have it backwards.

I was waiting behind a school bus dropping some kids off. Elementary-school age.
Bunch of boys from that school bus were walking by me and my car (they were all checking out my box) and one of them said that I had a cool car. What a compliment, considering that it came from a 10-something year old kid.

So Scion missed the boat - they should have waited for another few years before releasing the xB.

But seriously, in my area there is one older xB driver. All the others I see are usually no older than 30s.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I first got my RS4 (March of this year) I waved at every Scion owner I could. Out of 100 times I probably got a wave back just once. So now I don't wave anymore. Now I just give them a glance and wait for them to initiate. To this day, nothing.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Why do most XB people have no personality?

I agree with you....I drive an xB and will pass others here and there and nothing.....im always doing a little honk and wave with a big cheesey smile...and nothing..... Im in michigan.

Quick Reply: Why do most XB people have no personality?