Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Why do most XB people have no personality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zombietime
Originally Posted by Boxy_But_Good
I wave to all xB drivers. I get less than 50% acknowledgement. Hopefully even for those non-responders it cheers them up, even if just a little.

I don't wave or anything. If someone waves at me i'll acknowledge them but I bought the car for me, not to join some kind of social group.
Glad to see you involved with Scionlife: a social group revolving around the vehicles we drive
Please... I use it to get info on the car and look at what mods people are doing. My life doesn't revolve around it. That's all i'm getting at.
Oh so you're a sucker?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen about 25 boxes around here in central FL.
I generally flash the lights or wave.
I'd say about 2/3rds of them have responded.
The guys who drive them for Taylor Pharmacy are pretty friendly ;)
Some peeps don't respond at all but, that's life!
I ride a motorcycle too and most riders acknowledge each other. A lot of Harley and BMW riders used to be un-sociable except with like kind, but most now are real friendly.
Prolly a similar dynamic ;)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

i have owned 3 vehicles that have had cult-like status.an old cj7,all jeepers wave to each other. a 64 vw convertible and a 77 vette. all old dubs and ALL vettes wave to each other. it just makes you feel like you're part of a following. sort of. and its just plain fun.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pinoy_tC
Originally Posted by Boxy_But_Good
I wave to all xB drivers. I get less than 50% acknowledgement. Hopefully even for those non-responders it cheers them up, even if just a little.

I don't wave or anything. If someone waves at me i'll acknowledge them but I bought the car for me, not to join some kind of social group.
Glad to see you involved with Scionlife: a social group revolving around the vehicles we drive
Please... I use it to get info on the car and look at what mods people are doing. My life doesn't revolve around it. That's all i'm getting at.
Oh so you're a sucker?
A sucker? No i'm just a guy who bought a car he likes. I'm not insecure enough to need validation each time I drive the damn thing.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

A sucker? No i'm just a guy who bought a car he likes. I'm not insecure enough to need validation each time I drive the damn thing.
You are confusing validation with PRIDE my friend. Just admit you aren't a real car person. No biggie
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by PAboX
i have owned 3 vehicles that have had cult-like status.an old cj7,all jeepers wave to each other. a 64 vw convertible and a 77 vette. all old dubs and ALL vettes wave to each other. it just makes you feel like you're part of a following. sort of. and its just plain fun.
I'm with you. It's basically the same while owning a old Bug, Jeep TJ, a Mercedes 450 SL and several motorcycles. It's just common courtesy to wave at like vehicles. It's an unspoken club thing.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by snowromance
gotta remember...the majority of people that bought xbs were the ELDERLY! i swear.

scion missed the social group they were originally trying to sell to. most young people think the box is dumb and square.
I have to disagree. I see a lot of younger people driving xBs. I for one don't think the xB is dumb and square. I wouldn't be driving one if I thought that. And a lot of people I know love the xB. They always say your car is cool or dope. Haha.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
SL Member

I try to wave at all at them even if they're all dirty... Most around here are just soooo dirty I can't stand it. The business people are pretty cool... Other than that... It's all eh.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
You are confusing validation with PRIDE my friend. Just admit you aren't a real car person. No biggie
I'm proud of my car but i'm not obsessed with the scene. It's cool if others are but that shouldn't make me a bad guy. I wave back if people wave at me but I don't usually go out of the way to get noticed.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i still wave at all scions. but mostly the tC crowd (down here mostly) are all girls under 25. and usually wont care to look at a modded scion.

the xB crowd down here, nobody will wave ever. i toot my horn when i see a xB with wheels or anything like that. i usually get a nervous wave.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

gotta remember...the majority of people that bought xbs were the ELDERLY! i swear.

scion missed the social group they were originally trying to sell to. most young people think the box is dumb and square.
lol, my dad works at toyota and i know for a fact that they target the youger people, but the majority are sold to older folks. I guess im the only kid who wanted an xB for his 1st car
Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 AM
SL Member

just wave and smile if they dont then they dont. life moves on. We all love our cars no matter how slow they are. thats why I started my HFD crew. All our cars have under 120hp to the wheel and yet theres something about them that we love.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya out here i dont get a lot of love from my fellow xB drivers but i did install a PA so i do yell hello to them and now i will start to let my elder snow birds know that the 3rd lane is not to be mistaken for the first lane, all done with a simple PA. works well to.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as aged drivers around here I see everything except the mid 20 somethings. I have sen one guy with a cool "sun's up tanning xb" and he was cool. I was cruizing next to couple of about 40 on the highway one day and they looked over-we locked eyes-it was all scion love (actually they were cool, smily and friendly).

I saw a woman yesterday in Thundercloud grey one with hawaiian seat covers-she was like 65 or better. I see a lot of the 30 somethings that just drive it around and treat it like it was some mid 90's accord-trash in the back seat, pile of papers-whatever on the passenger seat or floor.

Fandango (maybe it's Jobdabgo) here has 3 xbs that are graphiced really cool and they are all running cool wheels and at least one is pretty lowered-never seen anybody driving them but the XB's are cool.

Kids seem to like xbs, and a few of the teachers at my dughters school like it but the parents that drive the ridiculous sized SUVs give me looks like my car is just not big enough for their needs (yeah, like hauling one kid around to the local beauty salon and coffee shop takes 4 wheel drive and 20's)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member

I used to have the only box at my school, now I have one of 15. The firedog people from circuit city will look the other way when they see other xB's, but there are alot of white delivery xB's, so they think i'm one of them and wave. (I drive a white 06 box)

I'm not one to wave or initiate contact, but if someone else notices I'll give a little wave.

I do get attention from the kids at the middle school bus stop, though.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne

lol, my dad works at toyota and i know for a fact that they target the youger people, but the majority are sold to older folks. I guess im the only kid who wanted an xB for his 1st car
You're not the only one man, this xB is my 2nd car, even though I'm only 17, but the xB was basically my dream car and I'm glad I found one cheap enough and had a father who could do all the work himself.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dunno about the whole waving thing. kindo ___. i just nod and wassup
Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by emximer

You're not the only one man, this xB is my 2nd car, even though I'm only 17, but the xB was basically my dream car and I'm glad I found one cheap enough and had a father who could do all the work himself.
yea, its the same situation with me.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well I hope you make out great, cuz I'm one of the old pharts that bought an xB (two, actually) and they're chick magnets. I get more looks and comments from girls your age (and in their 20's) than any other car I've owned. Just wish I was 16 and single instead of 63 and married.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nope you arent. I got my xB on my 16th birthday and it was what i wanted.

Quick Reply: Why do most XB people have no personality?