Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Why do most XB people have no personality?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ Awesome, i got my xB on my 15th birthday.. i was @ school one day, came out and my mother was picking me up, couldnt find her and here she comes along tootin away with a big red bow on top , it was AWESOME ;p lol,
Old 11-01-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by NewMexicoxBPhatBoy
^^^ Awesome, i got my xB on my 15th birthday.. i was @ school one day, came out and my mother was picking me up, couldnt find her and here she comes along tootin away with a big red bow on top , it was AWESOME ;p lol,
N I C E !!!
Scion did hit their target and then some. I find it funny that they had to work so hard to target anyone in the first place. The freakin xBs sold themselves. I used to always comment to salsmen that "Isn't it nice to have a vehicle that people actually want for a change" "They sell themselves".
Old 11-01-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my story is even crazier! we were @ the cheesecake factory and we were waiting for the cars from the valet and it took them like 10 minutes to get the car, and im just chatting away and the car has been sitting there for 2 minutes now and then I finally look over and then see a blue bow. i still remember that night all in detail. haha
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
my story is even crazier! we were @ the cheesecake factory and we were waiting for the cars from the valet and it took them like 10 minutes to get the car, and im just chatting away and the car has been sitting there for 2 minutes now and then I finally look over and then see a blue bow. i still remember that night all in detail. haha
You guys are SOOO LUCKY. First these weren't even here back then for me. Plus my first car was free but it was a pile. A rotted out Ford Country Squire wagon, fake wood and all.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i had a '79 rx-7 a couple of years ago and anyone who has ever had an rx-7 knows that when you see one coming your way you hit the lights up and down...its just our thing to do...i miss that car but i love my B
Old 11-01-2007, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd have never become a car person if my first car was an xB, or anything new. I really remember wet sanding the paint off my first ride and then smoothing it... BTW, I was using sandpaper, not a machine. Took me 2 days to get it to where I wanted it, then drove it to Earl Schieb for his $199 paint job. Then learning to sew so I could make matching seat covers. Then it kept breaking down, so I learned how to fix it. Still though, I envy you guys for the 'bow stories'. That's so damn cool, like from a movie.

As for waving to other Scion drivers, I used to do it, but no one waved back except the delivery drivers. So now I don't, unless it's a delivery box.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 13edge
I'd have never become a car person if my first car was an xB, or anything new. I really remember wet sanding the paint off my first ride and then smoothing it... BTW, I was using sandpaper, not a machine. Took me 2 days to get it to where I wanted it, then drove it to Earl Schieb for his $199 paint job. Then learning to sew so I could make matching seat covers. Then it kept breaking down, so I learned how to fix it. Still though, I envy you guys for the 'bow stories'. That's so damn cool, like from a movie.

As for waving to other Scion drivers, I used to do it, but no one waved back except the delivery drivers. So now I don't, unless it's a delivery box.
I've been there done that with wet sanding, thats some hard work. As for me there was no bow story, I just had to search like hell to find one under 6 grand
Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by emximer
Originally Posted by 13edge

I've been there done that with wet sanding, thats some hard work. As for me there was no bow story, I just had to search like hell to find one under 6 grand
Don't ya just love it when good plan comes together!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chick magnet???? I haven't found more than maybe 2 girls of any age that actually like the way xb's look.

It's fine by me as I like my car because it's my car and it's cool but man-if only I was shallow enough and the chicks I see actually dig it.......
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by greybox
Chick magnet???? I haven't found more than maybe 2 girls of any age that actually like the way xb's look.

It's fine by me as I like my car because it's my car and it's cool but man-if only I was shallow enough and the chicks I see actually dig it.......
When I was pulling out of my school today a female teacher pulled up beside me and mouthed 'NICE CAR!' while pointing at my xB and I laughed and mouthed back thanks

... she is however hideously ugly, but a woman none the less.

My girlfriend thinks the xB is "cute", but I tell her it's not cute its sexy

But yeah I don't think she really likes it that much, I think it is growing on her however.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default wave

They alsways wave back to me
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i dont wave until i see the other scion even glance over then i'll toot and wave.

the xB was my 2nd car, my first car was a 1989 toyota corolla wagon, all trac. what a beast! then we got a black xB when i was 15, and then the yellow when i was about to turn 16. Been my baby ever since.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I generally wave at all Scions....I don't really care if I get a wave or smile (I most generally do) I love my B and that's all that matters. This is the first car out of 14 that I actually think I just won't get tired of....I still smile every time I get in it, I still get stopped by strangers asking "what is it?", I especially like the people who pretend they aren't interested, but casually peek at the back to see who makes it..lol...So I say...Wave back or Don't.....It's not going to dampen my Spirits.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM

I got mine from the over 65 crowd. My parents owned it then they had to get something bigger to fit my dad's powered chair and lift. So I bought it from them. When they bought it, I thought it was the ugliest clown car ever. Now that I own it and put some nice rims on, ect... I get so many looks its awesome. I love the car now. I wave peace at every xbox I see, sometimes I get a wave back, sometimes not, doesn't bother me. So many people pull up next to me at the stop lights and start checking my car out its crazy. Only mods are new rims and vent visors on the black cherry.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBster
I especially like the people who pretend they aren't interested, but casually peek at the back to see who makes it.
That is funny. I love it when everyone in the car turns around at once to check it out when stopped at lights.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
I wave, honk, flash lights, wiggle my ears, whatever and usually get zero response.

Some of us appreciate our boxes more than others.

Tom
I pretty much do the same thing, minus the ear wiggles, cant do that much to my dismay...

I have only ever gotten one response, and it was a middle aged woman driving a slightly modified box, funny, she looked more like a soccer mom than a scionist! She even beat me to the punch with a slightly over-enthusiastic wave lol.

Here in ct you dont find many boxes though, we have a couple RS boxes, a couple with sunroofs, one with dual sunroofs, and a lot with no mods. Pretty lame...

My favorite response was probably when an older couple, probably in their 60-70's pulled up behind me in their xB and pointed and smiled at the "I heart my " Sticker on my hatch.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the best ones today. Guy in an envy green saw me-pretended he didn't-I peaced at him and the guy lit up and waved back-cool thing is I go by his house twice everyday so maybe it's thing now-share the love and he passes it on...

2nd one-and so cool. Guy was on the highway thinking he was so cool as he passed me in his Eclipse-traffic slowed up and he had 2 very crowded friends (probably not friends anymore) in the back seat. The one dude behind the driver looked over at the box longingly-tears in eyes-I bet he wished I was his friend instead.....
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wth... whats with all these kids getting brand new cars bought for them these days!?!?!?

im still with the guy that says the XB is not a chick magnet. its a humor magnet, and if the girl likes humor and the funniness of "being different" sometimes, she might be all about the box.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So let's expose a pretender.....

I drove along and was stopped at 3 different lights next to guy and girl in a midnight blue XB. Let me describe-white randode.com and scion life stickers in rear side window, tein sticker on front of side skirt, washington dc plates, lowered with 5 spokes (polished) .....

Why should anyone care-he never even looked over (too busy lookin' cool) even though his girl did and she was nice. 3 lights and he couldn't even turn his head-it gives a bad name to Scion owners (seems like a spoiled little wanna be Honda brat) and here he is carrying the name of scion life and randode-bad ambassaddorship.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've been on this site for a few years now, I got my xB around the same time as many of my friends and club mates. It's really strange and I'm sure it happens to all new companies but. . .

When I first got the B in summer 04 everyone I saw in my area was waving honking flashing. . . you name it. By the end of 05 I had made a bunch of friends through the GTG and Scion events, I don't get out much so it was really cool to meet a bunch of people who were into the same things I was.

By the end of 06 I noticed many of the scion drivers didn't do the same thing they were in 04, I suppose the novelty of owning a scion had worn off. Not to say all the people stopped doing it but it wasn't happening as much.

As of now, well scions are the same as any other old car. I still get stared at by other scion drivers but I rarely get the honk, wave, or flash. I suppose it's kinda nice now when I meet a new scion owner and they start blabbing on about their scion not realizing I have a gen 1 xB. It really funny to cause when I start talking about my scion they go doe-eyed and they start to drool.

Things definately aren't the same. the same people I used to ride all over town with are now either thinking or already have sold their scions and even the little GTG have started to whittle down. But the nice thing is there are some people out there who still do the same thing they do when I met them.

In the end I see it as it is. When it was new it became kinda like the new cool thing and as time went on it just got old. I'm sure Scion corp. has some catchy thing to revive what was going on a few years back, but for some of us who have been around for a minute it's a little disheartening to see what has happened to this small little community brought together by some funny looking cars it's cool though I just found out my bartender owns a Scion and I'm trying to get her to go to shows now. So the love hasn't gone anywhere it's just a little misplaced at the moment.

Enough of my rambling.

Quick Reply: Why do most XB people have no personality?