Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Worst thing you have done to your new Scion

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Worst thing you have done to your new Scion

I need to see if anyone else has done anything really dumb to their brand new scion. Here is my horror story...

I got my car 2 days ago. Not even 12 hours after having the car i go to park at my friends house who lives in a pretty crouded part of town. I decide not to parrell park my brand spanking new car because i am not used to the dimentons yet, so i drive around to find a spot where I can pull in. I find one, pull up, them my girlfriend says that I am too far off the curb. I back up and scrape my brand new RS 1 Alloy rim on the CURB!!! I have never cursed to much in my life, and i seriously have a horrible mouth.

Then yesterday after leaving my favorite Chinese food resturant i forgot that there was a concrete parking slab in front of me, and drive forward. I seriously almost threw up in my car.

I need some stories to help me deal with this. I am being too over causious and not paying attention to the small things.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

The first day of driving my car, I went to my bank's drive through. I was going in fine, then UP! Up on the median. I slowly turned the wheel to get off the curb without it touching my hub cap...*SCRATCH!* The wheel slid down the curb scrapping the hub cap. I've lived with it...waiting to save up on rims...
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

Here you go, just to make you feel better :?

Two weeks after getting my xA RS 1.0 I come home after a bad day and pull into my driveway just like I always do. This time I was to the left in my parking space though and I didn't even think of it.

As I'm getting out of the car I swing the car door open as usual and it goes straight into the corner of my cement porch. Now I have a small dent in my door and a little spot where the pain has been taken off.

Granted the dent is very small and the dot is almost non noticible, but knowing it's there drives me nuts.

Nothing like stupidity to make you upset at yourself. :twisted:
Old 10-31-2004, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wookie
Granted the dent is very small and the dot is almost non noticible, but knowing it's there drives me nuts.

Nothing like stupidity to make you upset at yourself. :twisted:

I hear you there. Even though the small scatch on teh rim isn't that noticable, it still makes me so mad every time i walk by it.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Banned
SL Member

paint chips, from the interstate dump truck drive me nuts
Old 11-01-2004, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
I was going in fine, then UP! Up on the median. I slowly turned the wheel to get off the curb without it touching my hub cap...*SCRATCH!* The wheel slid down the curb scrapping the hub cap.
I feel that pain. the worst sound ever is cement against new wheels, Hubs or Rims, it doesn't matter.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Those little paint chips don't phase me anymore... I SAID THEY DON'T PHASE ME NO MO'! :?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
My dealer called the other day to find out how I was doing with my new RS. I told him about my incidents. He laughed, and told me that if anything happens to the paint that Absolute Red Touch Up paint will be available soon.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member

Running over beige paint with all 4 wheels with splashes inside all wheel wells and both sides sprayed beige on a Black Cherry XA - about 3-4 weeks old.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rogo
Running over beige paint with all 4 wheels with splashes inside all wheel wells and both sides sprayed beige on a Black Cherry XA - about 3-4 weeks old.
And I thought I had it bad. Wow. Is it still on there?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

:twisted:

http://www.club-swat.com/~voeun/incar.avi
http://www.club-swat.com/~voeun/outside.avi
Old 11-01-2004, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 days old: gave my friend a ride home from a party...he was too intoxicated to drive home (or stand up). He puked all over the inside of my car and all over the outside (he puked out the window)

3 weeks old: parked it in the lot here at MSU, and some idiot opened their door into me, leaving a ding on my passenger side rear door.

3 months old: wasn't thinking...took a curve too sharp and rode the right rear wheel over the curb

3 months old: took an exit a little too fast and pushed slightly into the lane.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

backed up into my sister's, now, ex-boyfriend.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sprockett
2 days old: gave my friend a ride home from a party...he was too intoxicated to drive home (or stand up). He puked all over the inside of my car and all over the outside (he puked out the window)

3 weeks old: parked it in the lot here at MSU, and some idiot opened their door into me, leaving a ding on my passenger side rear door.

3 months old: wasn't thinking...took a curve too sharp and rode the right rear wheel over the curb

3 months old: took an exit a little too fast and pushed slightly into the lane.
Remind me to never buy a used car from Sprockett.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got one. I was washing my car when it wasn't but a month old, and then I did a large sweep over the doors with a sponge. When I was waxing it afterwards, I noticed a giant scratch the whole length of the car above the doors. I looked at the sponge, and there was a little rock in it. Horrible...luckily the wax took it out...
Old 11-01-2004, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member

I haven't done anything, but my 5 year old is constantly jumping on the roof. Boing boing boing I keep hearing, run out to the garage and there he is on the roof jumping up and donw. Ugh. Scratches all over the front where he climbs up. He's autistic and I just can't make him understand that he should not be doing this.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by beckysuemomof2
I haven't done anything, but my 5 year old is constantly jumping on the roof. Boing boing boing I keep hearing, run out to the garage and there he is on the roof jumping up and donw. Ugh. Scratches all over the front where he climbs up. He's autistic and I just can't make him understand that he should not be doing this.
Wow...that sucks. I mean if he wasn't autistic, it's nothing that a good butt whoopin' wouldn't fix. But I assume his situation is quite different. Is there any way to physically keep him out of the garage? Like a deadbolt high up the door frame? As he gets heavier, he's going to destroy your car.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by beckysuemomof2
My brother and sister and I used to do the sam thing to my parents car. But theres was never as nice as Scion.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

I hate to keep him out of the garage, he is very physical and we have rope swings and slides in there to keep him busy in the winter. I have actually swatted his bottom a couple times, but it doesn't do much to change his behavior. Oh well, my husband keeps saying "what did you think was going to happen?" I zaino'd my car and it really shines, I think that is what is attracting him to it. He likes to look at himself in the shiny red paint. Then he decides since his trampoline is down for winter, he'll just use my car instead. Such is life! Could be a lot worse, I think he'll get it eventually.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member

You may want to buy a cover for your xA, to prevent scratches.

Quick Reply: Worst thing you have done to your new Scion