Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

WTB Toyota airbag cover or steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WTB Toyota airbag cover or steering wheel

Anyone have any suggestions for this? I know that carson has the wheel airbag cover. At least I think that's what you get the description is sorta vague.

JDM Toyota quality made accessory steering wheel
Price: $ 279.00

I guess I will email them about this item and see what you get.

:?: :?:
Old 11-24-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

find out anything on this?

I am also interested in this, or what other steering wheels will fit. Like maybe the Corolla?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

find out anything on this?

I am also interested in this, or what other steering wheels will fit. Like maybe the Corolla?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Carson wrote back and said the airbag isn't included but still didn't mention the cover. I recontacted them and am awaiting info.

Rick
Old 11-24-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't understand why people want to turn thier SCION into a TOYOTA. I don't get it, are you ashamed of the SCION brand? You are entitiled to mod your car however you like but, What gives? I'm just curious.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Scion brand was created because Toyota's average age buyer was 55+. No one under that age wanted to fix up an echo. A few might with the corolla. You don't see a complete department dedicated to tricking out the echo. Just like the Lexus buyer wouldn't buy a camry but they ****** up the ES. There is nothing about the Scion that is truly a Scion but the badge. Well maybe the TC. But the car is a Toyota and I like the JDM stuff. Same reason put German stuff on their VW's and Benzes and others. I am completely converting my car to an IST other than making it right hand drive. I am certainly not ashamed. Anyone can tell it's a Toyota just by looking at the window glass.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, I don't have a problem with the Scion brand either. But the fact is it's a Toyota bB. Look at all the Nissan 240sx's out there, most of them have the Silvia badge. It's just what people want to do.

For me, I just think the steering wheel is ugly. I would like a nicer one, but want to stay with the air bag if possible. If not possible then I will put aftermarket Nardi or Momo.

If it doesn't affect you, then don't worry about it. If you have some info on what to use or where to get it, then post. Don’t see what the big deal is.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

someone is easily offended. he is right, why change it all? scion is scion...
Old 11-25-2004, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zdawg913
someone is easily offended. he is right, why change it all? scion is scion...
The only person that appears offended is the one who chooses to comment on other peoples mods without actually offering anything productive to the post.

Actually no a Scion isn't a Scion. Even the DMV registers them as a Toyota. If you can find an actual part on your car that says Scion Motors corporation I would like to see it. Even your Scion badge is made on the toyota Assembly line.

I respect everyones choice of mods or not to mods. Even the post of the guy that wants to make his car look like a remote control car. I guess you could comment that there isn't a Scion remote car that scale.

To add to my original steering wheel question you will find that the above referenced Steering wheel is a Toyota JDM product that is from the IST, bB.

you might recognize this popular Toyota Product

Old 11-25-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

100% agreed. I mean if one does not mind a car named Scion, then it's his/her choice and I will not argue further. I like originality, which the xA IS, in fact, the iSt or xB as the bB. Therefore, I want the car to at least look like an iSt, if possible.

Just like how I convert my Impreza RS-T to look like the one in Japan by doing the exterior/interior. Well the RS dose not come turbo like the JDM GC8, and thus turbo went in to match the power.

Now I own an additional Subie, the STi, and I am in the process of making it like the JDM STi, and that's b/c the STi is indeed MADE and BUILT in Japan, which also applies to both the xA and xB.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if the newer Celica steering wheel will fit? Its similar to the IS300 one.

As for people making there car like the one in Japan, I am all for it. That is why my 240 had silvia emblems and an SR20DET to back it up. Some just don't understand, which is fine. But don't tell someone else how to fix up there car. Everyone has there own style. Just leave it at that.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

As a member of Scion Evolution So Cal Chapter, I've come to respect others for their originality. As a nationwide club we have many different personalities, so why should their rides be anything but diverse?

As far as JDM goes, whats badged on the engine is the heartbeat of the car regardless of what badge is on the outside.

Old 11-25-2004, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

I am also looking to change my stock scion steering wheel, I like the perforated leather one from a corrolla or matrix however I want to keep my scion emblem. In fact I will look for tire air valve cover's with scion logo only. I have contacted several junkyard's looking for steering wheel, any suggestion's?
Old 11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is hilarious, theres really no need to get offended, especially when you are standing up for what you believe is right for mods. i was simply saying that the scion emblem and logo is put on the cars for a reason. but if you guys want to change it all to toyota and stuff, thats cool, its your unique taste that matters. i wasnt saying youre stupid or this or that, haha. its fun though.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So has anyone here tried to put a different Toyota steering wheel on there car?