First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

WTF????? Is the xB for old folk???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man i saw my very first Xa on the road tonight and same same exct color too but when i saw how old they was in there 60's

lol

MAN

but my car is one of a kind now :D :D :D i did nothing to it no mods no nothing, all i did to make it one of a kind is park it under an BIG OAK tree then you start hearing some ding ding DONK (love dem acorns)
Old 09-24-2004, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: WTF????? Is the xB for old folk???

Hey! I resemble that remark! I'm waiting on delivery of mine from the port now. Had to chase one down to see what it was the first time. Very cool car...... I happen to classify as a senior citzen, however, I do skydive & ride a motorcycle every day, so us Ol farts might not always be ready for the rockin' chair (town car) yet. I only put a couple thousand miles a year on my car, about 25,000 on the bike...... Just try to keep up with me!!!!! :D

SkyBiker

Originally Posted by bBlover
Today I saw this old lady driving a TCM xB and it had a loud muffler I was like WTF? Then I thought about it.... It must be the TRD Sport Muffler. Here license plate frame said Long Beach BMW. I was saying what did that person do? Trade it in for a BMW 760Li???? I just walked away laughing. I am starting to think that there are more older people driving xBs then us youngns. NO OFFENSE TO THE OLDER HERE ON SCION LIFE!!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

18 years of xB lover right here.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just 'cause the wrapper's a little wrinkly doesn't mean the chocolate's stale! Glad I saw this post, at 41 I'm feeling like the youngin' on the block

I was told by my 14 year old daughter's friends that I'm the coolest dad of everyone in the high school! They just LOVE the neon floor lights and cupholder lights! everyone ELSE'S dad drives a minivan BLECH :?
Old 09-25-2004, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey im in FL... and the younger people I have seen driving xBs are 60ish yea thats the younger I swear I seen a few 80 year olds... and one guy early 20s on the highway once... but overwhelming 60-70 year old grocery getters...lol Old people want to be kewl too...
Old 09-26-2004, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well the few that i have seen here in NYC the drivers have all been "young" people.....either in or just out of college :twisted:
Old 09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default old?

I am 49 years old and just bought 2005 blue onyx, manual trans Xb saturday. I saw a guy who had to be in his 60's purchasing a black pearl xb the same day. I got to talking to him and he is young at heart like I , I appreciates fun cars! Age is just a number.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Let me explain it to all the younger folks. My Dad always said: "Don't be in a hurry to grow up, one day all of this will be yours and you won't want it either."
I'm a week one buyer [June 04, in fact the first one off the lot], over 55+, and own one bad ___ bB. I bought because it was different, had unique design possibilities, and frankly didn't look like everyone else on the market.
I know the demographics that Toyota was aiming for and that's the son's of ....., SCION. But the truth is they unknowingly tapped a larger audience than they expected. Toyota also thought the xA would out sell the xB by four to one. oops, they were wrong on that one too.
Price, economy and style in one vehicle is a good idea no matter what your age.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by wingshelpmefly
im running into the same problem!!!! all the people who drive XBs around here (Cincinnati) are OLD OLD.... Im all like excited to see an XB and then I catch up with them and it's some like 60 year old guy or dude. But yea no offense to the people on here, I'm talking about the old people who have no idea that they're driving a Scion.
Oh heaven forbid that these people are older...

I'm talking about the old people who have no idea that they're driving a Scion.
What does that mean?? This is a car not a high school prom where if you were 19+ you would look silly at.

After all its still a toyota.

Better question should be...What mods do you have on your car and how old you are?

So list your mods and how old you are, we'll determine who has a better ride.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default old?

so who has determines the perimeters for when someone is considered old. 30-35-50? Life is too short. Enjoy!!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: old?

Originally Posted by samshaft
so who has determines the perimeters for when someone is considered old. 30-35-50? Life is too short. Enjoy!!
Exactly... we have eternity to be dead and less than 100 years to live. So spend what time you have living not dying. Frig the age stereotypes. I think Mick Jagger will be still writing and performing well into his 70's. Live on baby. I'll listen in my xB.