First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xB Bras

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xB Bras

Are there ant xB specific Bras out there?

Walt
Old 02-16-2005, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes.

LeBra - (reports of hood section flapping)
Colgan - good reports.

I had a Colgan bra on my XB with the little triangular wind-deflector thingees on the hood. Someone else had the Colgan bra with a T-section hood piece that was sweet as hell.

try autoanything.com for pricing. There may be some better pricing out there though, so shop around.
Pics here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ght=colgan+bra
Old 02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

Bras catch dirt and dust and rub against the paint actually dulling it over time. Some people will tell you they have a perfect one that doesnt do that, but don't beleive it. Unless it is ultra secure and kept meticulously clean, it will do more damage than it prevents.

If you want to protect the front end, Google "3M clear bra" that is a coating that will actually protect the front end and unlike a bra, it looks good. ;)
Old 02-17-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: xB Bras

Originally Posted by Newtmaker
Are there ant xB specific Bras out there?

Walt
yep. toyota has them - they're called "masks" instead of bras, but it's really one in the same. textured, has xB stamped on the corner, looks nice. toyotapartsworld.com has them cheaper than the dealers. approx. $45.

i agree that they kill the weak scion paint - that's why i ran mine for two days and then put it back in the box. but you didn't ask for opinions, just if there are any.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got a Colgan t-style bra that I've used for about a year. I love it. I drive an hour to work each way on the dc beltway. I've already replaced 2 windshields and had a dent repaired from flying debris, so for me, the bra does less damage than it prevents. Its alot easier to repare dulling clearcoat (which I have not noticed) than deep chips and scratches.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Futureicon
I've got a Colgan t-style bra that I've used for about a year. I love it. I drive an hour to work each way on the dc beltway. I've already replaced 2 windshields and had a dent repaired from flying debris, so for me, the bra does less damage than it prevents. Its alot easier to repare dulling clearcoat (which I have not noticed) than deep chips and scratches.
I agree. I have the Colgan full bra ($100) and the only problems I've noticed is you can cause some slight scratching if you put a dirt bra on a clean car. It's not the bra itself that causes the scratches, it the little cloth hooks that hold it to the fenders. They get dirty fast. The underside of the bra stays clean. So when you remove the bra, MAKE SURE you clean the little cloth hold down hook real good.

I also have no flapping with the Colgan bra at high speeds. They are the best.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Davestoaster
I agree. I have the Colgan full bra ($100) and the only problems I've noticed is you can cause some slight scratching if you put a dirt bra on a clean car. It's not the bra itself that causes the scratches, it the little cloth hooks that hold it to the fenders. They get dirty fast. The underside of the bra stays clean. So when you remove the bra, MAKE SURE you clean the little cloth hold down hook real good.

I've noticed that too, and have found a quick solution. I keep a toothbrush in the glove box and anytime 'm putting the bra back on I quickly brush out the inside of those hooks to dislodge any dirt. It seems to work quick and easy!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Davestoaster

I've noticed that too, and have found a quick solution. I keep a toothbrush in the glove box and anytime 'm putting the bra back on I quickly brush out the inside of those hooks to dislodge any dirt. It seems to work quick and easy!
WOW......I use the same trick. But a lot of times I use the tooth brush on the hooks while I hold them under running water, either the sink or the hose. Then I let it air dry while I wash the whole car. That seems to work for me. Then I use a stiff brush on the inside of the bra, and I'm done. No real scratches so far !