Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

An xB and a Z went out to play.... Del Puerto Canyon Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member

Default An xB and a Z went out to play.... Del Puerto Canyon Run

My friend and I decided to run Del Puerto canyon (in the rain). I posted here a couple weeks ago about a nigthtime run. I really pushed it this time because i was riding solo compared to last time.

133miles later we have photos, near death experiences and dead birds to our names and we're gonna need new VSC lights soon. I almost crashed a good 4 or 5 times. 2 of those scared me and one of them aaron and i almost ate it at the same time.

So we started del puerto canyon. at around 6ish it was all fun then rain droplets. We kept going. A bit of restraint but still pushing the cars. This is where accident number 1 almost happened. The road was rather slick so we came into a cattleguard at a pretty good speed Aaron was infront he hit went over it see the rear of Z looks like it comes off the ground im just a few seconds behind i hit it i start to slid sideways my VSC light comes on along with the warning chimes. I turn the wheels to correct and then we both pulled over. Mount Hamilton Road was pretty uneventful but fun for me. It was a steady climb. We got to to the top took a gazillion photos then started on our way down. I almost crashed here once more i entered a turn to fast and the scion understeered like a _____ and I was headed right for the nice red rock canyon wall I smashed the brakes but they weren’t working finally the front stopped sliding grabbed traction and turned the car. After that Aaron led the way. It started to dry up so we started to push it towards the end of del puerto canyon, this is where I had my final close call that scared me. I entered a right hand turn wayyy to fast the car started to slide I went to apply a bit of brake but the VSC had already taken over I didn’t have any throttle or brakes the brake pedal was completely up it was so weird. But yea made me thankful for ABS, Traction Control, and VSC. I think I did a fairly decent job of keeping up with a RWD sports car in my FWD box. I've come to realize real sports car come with leather wheels to soak up ur sweet pseudo-sports-cars come with plastic wheels =/

Pictures
=====================

The mountains in the distance

A Z behind me

Start of Del Puerto canyon

The xB and Z

Thats how far it is from Modesto CA to the observatory and back

Notice how dirty it got

one of my fav picture [/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lots of pictures. Looks good. Did you use an auto-focuse camera?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sweet drive man, looks like fun!

Is that guy taking a dump in your photo?