Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

yes i know, street racing is bad.. blahblahblah...... but..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default yes i know, street racing is bad.. blahblahblah...... but..

On my way to school today in the morning around 6:00am... I was driving slightly more aggressive than usual cuz i was late... Seems to caught this 98-00 4 cylinder with either 18" or 19" wheels'accord's attention.... well at least i assume it was a 4 banger... i dunno, didn't see his rear....

1st light he pulled up... and gunned it! it was like VROOMZZZZ from his exhaust... I gassed a little and stayed right beside him... had to slow down... cuz next red light is coming up... I figured... no one around, y not... light goes green again, that mother gunned it again! so i floored it about 1/2 second later, and i was right beside him, pulled on him around 40mph and at 60mph he was looking at my Scion Xa badge!

Next light comes up, he didn't even pull next to me! he just stopped behind me! LOL.. prob thought, "Echo engine 108 HP, Haha" and then got owned!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...can I be your friend?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Kay...
Old 03-09-2005, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And what mods exactly put you on par with a 160 hp accord??
More than just those ground wires I hope!

-THE DON
Old 03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.....You showed him!........
Old 03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

In the words of the Great Dr. Evil "Riiiiiiight"
Old 03-10-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

see!! these are exactly the kind of remarks and attitude that ticks me off! Just to let you know the accord with F23B only has 150hp and 140lbs of torque for a ~3100lbs car + those cars have really long gear ratios... Not to mention those blingbling rims which prob weights 25+lbs each! autos they are hella slow even 5spd is not all that! Trust me I used to own a 97 CL which is almost equivalent to the accord!

Its not only about horse power! Its also about Power/Weight ration and gearbox gearing. Our Scions have really close ratio for quicker accelaration compared to most economy/mid-sized cars! Gear ratio is the reason why we can accelarate slightly faster than the echos/civics. Note that we will lose out on top speed though because we will run outta gear! i have a auto and at 110~120mph rpm is like 4~5k on 4th gear!

Just to answer the questions here are the powermods:

Weapon R intake (header wrapped)(air ducted to where the fogs are)
TB throttlebody bypass
Ground wires
NGK Iridium plugs
DC header (header wrapped)
2" custom exhaust (header wrapped)
Polyuthrane motor mounts + Weapon R engine dampener
Perrin Pulley
15" Rota Slipsteams
Muteki light weight tuner lugs
15lbs Hawker Genesis battery
35 Nitrous Express (DID NOT USE)

not much! but trust me enough to give those slightly more powerful car a good run. With the 35shot i've actually hanged and pulled slightly from my friends V6 2000 accord sedan!

I apologize for the attitude, dude give our Xa/Xb alittle more credits than that!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Cool story .........
Old 03-10-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

March 5th, 2005 Suburb of St. Louis, Missouri

Teens Killed in Apparent Street Race

By Victor Ojeda

An accident last night in St. Peters appears to be the end result of a street race.

Two 16-year-old boys were killed when they lost control of their car on Highway 94. A WB 11 investigation found street racing is a problem for law enforcement in St. Charles County. Teens say racing is all about adrenaline, but sometimes that rush can cost lives.

Witnesses said they saw two cars racing around 11 p.m. Saturday night on Highway 94 near Jung Station Road. One car lost control, flipped over the median and landed in oncoming traffic. Killed were 16-year-old Jacob Liscombe, a passenger, and Bradely Boss, also 16, who was the driver. Liscombe's parents say Jacob was a sophomore at Francis Howell North High School who loved to play golf. While friends came to his home to mourn, Liscombe's parents said their son was at a party last night when he decided to go along with Boss to street race.

Teenagers in St. Charles County say street racing is the thing to do. Street racing events are often planned in high school hallways. "We all get together and thats just what we do," 16-year-old Jeremy Jacquez said. Julie Bennett, 17, said she never participates, but said, "You just hear a lot of people, they get their cars ready and start talking about how they are going to go street race."

When we went undercover, we found police in St. Charles had their hands full. At a commuter lot hundreds of young people congregated around midnight, waiting to race. St. Charles Police say all they can really do is clear the lot, forcing the teens to go into St. Peters, where police there will most likely move them to another municipality. "It is a never ending story," one officer said. Police are still looking for the second vehicle involved in the street racing that killed the two teens Saturday night.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah that is true but still, parents are guilty to let kids like that "smokin weed,drink and specialy drive" .......With 16 they think they are PROS........
Old 03-10-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

After this thread, I won't even post what I did last saturday on the highway with a STI.lol
Old 03-10-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

To each of their own! A while ago a dog bite the mail man's nose off... should we stop owning dogs? Dog owners can be just as dangerous! I would think there are just as many irresponsible dog owners as teenagers....
Old 03-10-2005, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...So I pulled up at a light next to this acura tl... and I give the driver a "look"... just to let him know what's what...

He thought he could play it cool and pretend to ignore me, but I know he saw me...

I gave him the "nod"... he persisted with his cool act, but he was fooling no body...

The light changed and I floored it... I smoked him instantly, when I looked back, he had barely made it 10 ft from the light... yeah... chalk another win down for my bad-___ box..

..true story
Old 03-10-2005, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

tsk tsk...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cseika
To each of their own! A while ago a dog bite the mail man's nose off... should we stop owning dogs? Dog owners can be just as dangerous! I would think there are just as many irresponsible dog owners as teenagers....
I don't care whether you won the "race" or not, street racing is stupid. I thought it was cool when I was 16, but I guess your perspective changes as you grow up.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recently pulled up next to a 72 year old woman in a wrx. I gave a nod she looked and smiled so i figured it was on. When the light turned green I smoked her. SHe had no clue what happened to her. I figured we would be racing for titles, but she wouldnt pull over when she caught up to me.

Man i smoked that old broad

not a true story, just a joke on how lame some racers/ricers are. That is in no way a reference to you cseika
Old 03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

funny......did anyone read the topic????
Old 03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As long as you only kill yourself or another racer.

I used to drive like a retard when I was a kid. It was wrong and I learned and now I drive like a grandma.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cseika
y'know, quick skimming of this ^^^ made me think the dog OWNER big the mail man's nose off... because of the "Dog owners can be just as dangerous!" part. -_-

To each their own, yeah - but as I say to drunk drivers - do what you want, just don't do it near MY family or friends.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

My story? I was racing a lot every sathurday with my honda prelude witth 245hp and most likely win every car .....well once i saw corvette and civic racig "civic and corvette had NOS" they ware tight at the beggining and then corvette press red button and fly away........he fly away so that he coudn't stop corvette ......roll over the bridge and make a total out of 50.000$ car............since then i don't race........and then i tought well lets do on high way .........i saw black BMW 325 going 100mph i was doing 85mph...... then i tought let see if i can catch him .....and i did............i was going then 120.....and because i just bough a car "my 5 day" i was thinking to see how fast prelude realy goes .....i was doing a full mph 140 + mph......."i could DIE" was a nice driving for 10 minutes........then 15 minutes later police caught me ! gave me ticket for ca. 450$ didn't go to jail didnt took my car but he force me to turn arround and go home........... 4months later i get letter from DOT "sorry sir but u lost your driving licence for 1.5 year and 1.5 yeah probation........ well i was driving for all the years hidden in small streets so police can't realy get me.............oh not to mention i got my sr-22 my insurance trippled "i was 20" now ....since that incident ? never got ticket and i will never get one "i hope" i learn my lesson not to drive 10 over the speed limit ........but i do drive 9 hahah ........sometimes when i get bored i do drive little bit faster 20-30 over but thats just for my anadrelin need

PS: The cop stop me at 139mph because i saw him comming at me........first words he said " R U CRAZY ?????? I WAS CHASING U FOR 6 MILES GOING 160!!!!!" ups

Total cost of my driving licence to get back: ca 1200$

Quick Reply: yes i know, street racing is bad.. blahblahblah...... but..