Are you one of them???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Are you one of them???

ok, so I'm drivin right...see another scion in my mirror....they speed up along side of me and wave...I mean, I know it's cool that not everyone has these cars (not yet anyway) but seriously...did I join a cult when I signed my purchase contract? is there some fine print that says "wave to other scion owners or u shall live in an everlasting hell"? I consider myself a pretty nice guy, I get along with almost anyone, but this whole waving thing seems really ___ to me. I dont wave back, does this make me a bad person? if I knod my head, is that sufficient? do I need to use a hand gesture? Do you wave? are you one of those people?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, what do you lose from waving back?

Nothing.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wave at anybody and everyone who waves at me, regardless of the reason. It's called "friendly". Just because I drive a hhighly noticeable car (one of the reasons I bought it) shows I want to b3e friendly. Stodgy people drive Chevy Citations and old Dodge station wagons, not new, exciting cars like Scions.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's not like they're propositioning your for Scion sex, it's just a slight move of the hand.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

just for the record, I'm not saying I think that the people waving are dumbassess or anything, I'm just curious why waving is something people do...I had a classic bug, and not once did I get waved at...well, ok maybe once...but I have gotten like 20 people waving at me in 6 months! I mean, I know it's just people being friendly, but you got how many million Chevy Silverados out there? do they wave? and like I said, I had a bug, and no waves...and those have a HUGE cult following...please, dont take this post the wrong way if you are the one who waves...I am just curious why? I mean, I nod back, maybe throw up the dueces ya know...but I'm not gonna cream my Jeans when I see another scion...and I'm not gettin up on my high horse here or anything, I am just curious what it is about the brand/car that brings that out in people...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't really wave... It is kinda stupid.

But if I see a heavily modded xB, or a "ScionLife" sticker, I'll give peace sign.

Stock scions are a dime a dozen in So. Cal., so I'd be waivin' till me arm was sore!

-THE DON
Old 07-15-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE DON
I don't really wave... It is kinda stupid.

But if I see a heavily modded xB, or a "ScionLife" sticker, I'll give peace sign.

Stock scions are a dime a dozen in So. Cal., so I'd be waivin' till me arm was sore!

-THE DON

exactly
Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

I'll take 2 dozen then! Want my $.20 now or later?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I wish I could get some people around here to wave.

I think a peace sign should be the minimum requirement when waved at.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i wave if waved at.. i used to wave at other scion owners in hawaii, but strangely enough, got some very un-Aloha reactions from more than a few.. 'what does it mean when they only show you one finger? is that like half peace?' haha

one time, there was another BOP xB next to me in traffic with rims and drop.. as I passed by, i waved and the guy just glared at me, then when traffic opened up again, cut me off and brake checked me, wtf?! i guess he was jealous of my ride.. yeah, that's what it was heh..

so now, i only wave to the other SE folks here or if someone waves at me first. oh, i do the nod thing to police officers.. kinda saying 'Thanks for not pulling me over' haha
Old 07-15-2005, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member

Only been waved at a couple times... like the Don said, too many Scions around here. Just try to enjoy it while it lasts; with the way Scions are selling, it'll be the only car on the road before too long.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember seeing Boxzilla's box on HWY99 from San Jose. I couldn't wave because I was too tired to drive and my pops was driving my car home.

So Boxzilla, instead of waving, shows off his stuff!! He like rose his car up while doing 75 on the freeway. I felt either embarrased or putdown because my box didn't have that stuff hahaha..

I think I a guy in an xA highbeamed me, i didn't know what to do EHE..
Old 07-15-2005, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some guy in a camo xB today saw me coming up fast behind him and cut in front of me to make certain I saw him I guess. I get in the right lane and pass him, as I go by he's waving at me like a fool.

I gave him the one-fingered wave back.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think a nod is good enough
Old 07-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

'Round here Scions are still a fair rarity, and the boxes, at least, tend to wave at each other. xA's are iffy, and tC's, well, tC's just don't.

I wave if I get the chance, or flick the headlights, at least, and give whoever is in the other box a smile and nod.

Reminds me of when I had a trio of MG's in the '60's - we all waved and flashed lights, too.

I believe a lot of it really depends on how 'rare' the vehicle is, and why someone likely bought it. Scions, especially the boxes, and some with the eggs, are generally owned by folks who seem to have purposely bought a Scion because they are 'different.'

Those are the ones who wave and smile at other Scions. :D
Old 07-15-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also give a peace sign if they wave back. I quit waving because half would wave, half would either look at me funny, not pay attention, or give me a single finger goodbye. lol

Cya
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Scions in my area are more than rare, so it's worth waving back here.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Muahuahuahu... so wrong...
Old 07-16-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i guess it depends on who is in the other car...or what kind of mood im in. if there driving real slow like there attempting to ____ me off i give the single finger salute otherwise i normally make some sort of unmean guesture at the other scion owner but only if they are driving a box.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i dont give one finger waves.....theres KIDS in the other cars i'd feel sooo bad!!!

i love to beep beep @ other scions, and wave frantically too...actually i wave at random people even before i had my box...lol....but lately its been so disappointing, i just feel like quitting this whole scion scene, losing the enthusiasm and serious stop looking at all of your retarded scion life shiznit posts and trading in my dumb BCP.....

for a hella bright Salsa one!!!!! can YOU see ME now?? hahahahahhaha *waves and beeps frantically* damn i gotta quit eating that ish hahahha