Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Carbon Fiber Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:46 PM
SKI
SL Member

Angry Carbon Fiber Fenders

2010 R.S. 7.0
Alright guys i have searched this form and did not find a lot of pictures. I am looking for pictures of your xb's with carbon fiber fenders. I got my fender dented and i thinking of switching both to carbon. Any info, sites, or companies would be great help. Im interested in your opinions also. But so far i only found one pic on this forum of the fenders on a xb.

P.S.
I wish i could find who dented my fender
Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Have you used google? It's a great search engine that's web-based and you can usually find exactly what you want.

http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb-2...sb08bmffc.aspx

Looks God awful, in my opinion. No flow, just big fenders that look like black burlap sacks.
Get your fender fixed. It'll look a TON better than some carbon fiber monstrosities.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to agree..they look a little...kmart"ish".

I'm sure you can have the dent fixed much cheaper than having new fenders fitted. We have a local called the chip magician who can fix small dents+dings in minutes. I'm sure there is someone similar near you.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Exactly. A buddy of mine sent me a youtube of a guy performing a paintless dent reapair. Seriously crazy. I thought that the car was going to have to go to a body shop, had a crease and everything. Car looked straight as an arrow afterwards.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 AM
SKI
SL Member

My overall plans for my xb if money allows is to have a carbon hood, fenders, and wing. Then get some black rims. Since it is the purple release series black and purple make a nice contrast. Maybe even the carbon valve cover.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

That will look God awful. If it's something that you want to do, by all means do it. Black and purple could make a decent contrast when performed correctly. Having off colored fenders and hood with the rest of the entire car purple won't look too hot, in my opinion.

Example:

Not the best pictures, but you get the gist of it.

Kinda looks like some of the cars that get in front end collisions and can't afford to get everything painted. So they just get some aftermarket fenders and hood, and rock it.
If it's what you want to do, by all means do it. Everyone has their own style.

Some just have better style. :D
Old 11-12-2011, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Might as well add a cf hatch too.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
That will look God awful. If it's something that you want to do, by all means do it. Black and purple could make a decent contrast when performed correctly. Having off colored fenders and hood with the rest of the entire car purple won't look too hot, in my opinion.

Example:

Not the best pictures, but you get the gist of it.

Kinda looks like some of the cars that get in front end collisions and can't afford to get everything painted. So they just get some aftermarket fenders and hood, and rock it.
If it's what you want to do, by all means do it. Everyone has their own style.

Some just have better style. :D
your saying that that looks like it couln't afford paint even though its a full custom paint job with cf hood, fenders, hatch, and full cf x gangster kit? Do what you like, if u dig the cf look, it can look great if done right, just don't use fake cf overlays. thats tacky.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 AM
SKI
SL Member

Holy crap that looks sick. I wish i had the cash to do it all at once. I think i am gonna start with the wing and fenders. I was looking at the hatch, but i would want to buy a rear glass. I don't want to pull my rear glass out of my hatch for the carbon fiber one. But i love that contrast. Wheels will be last though, i got 16" BBS's with fresh tires so i will look into those next year. I like carbon fiber though, i like the way it looks and i like that it is light weight.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by masterbB
your saying that that looks like it couln't afford paint even though its a full custom paint job with cf hood, fenders, hatch, and full cf x gangster kit? Do what you like, if u dig the cf look, it can look great if done right, just don't use fake cf overlays. thats tacky.
Precisely what I'm saying. Interior looks like it came straight out of a Civic ten years ago.

There's very little carbon fiber that I like, but that's me.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I think it looks great! True the fenders would be more than the dent removal, however if that is where you are planning to go anyways I would go ahead and do it...just save your stock fenders just in case you want to go back...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 PM
SL Member

The CF looks good, but you might as well get that dent fixed for now so you can sell the car later with good oem fenders.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 PM
SKI
SL Member

I still have like 2 months to think about it. I would never sell my car unless i was getting another XB. Then i can just snag the fenders maybe. I like the RS 9.0 coming out this year. But im gonna have mine for at least the next 4 years unless something happens to it.