Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Cheap Flexible LED Strips from Harbor Freight

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cheap Flexible LED Strips from Harbor Freight

Just a heads up to anyone looking to add some cheap LED strips to your xB...

My local Harbor Freight has these 9.5" red flexible LED strips on sale for $7.99 each. From the photos and specs, these look pretty much identical to the ones Oznium sells for $11.49 (in this length). Harbor Freight also has them in blue, but for some reason they didn't appear to be on sale (regular price $9.99).

I picked some up as they look like they would be great for under dash and under seat lighting. They are sealed and can be used for under body and under hood applications, but you'd need a lot of them for those applications and you'd be better off buying longer strips from Oznium. Perhaps they could be used for wheel well lighting. In any case, I plan on using the ones I bought for interior applications. It will probably be a while before I get around to installing them (too many other projects in progress), but I did hook them up to 12V to see how they looked and they are definitely bright and look nice.

For attaching them Harbor Freight has their 11" zip ties in black or white in sale for $1.89 (regular $5.79 - you need a coupon) for a package of 100. The 11" size is really bigger than needed for this application, but at less than 2 pennies each, who could pass them up. They also have 8" zip ties at 100 for $3.99 (regular price) in green, black and white, 4" cable ties in white for $2.49 and a number "variety packs" of different colors and lengths priced from $2.99 to $11.99 (1200 pieces of various sizes and colors). So, plenty of cheap attachment options.

PDX_xB
Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, you can get similar flexible LED strips of various length even cheaper on eBay from sellers in Hong Kong and China. I just mentioned the Harbor Freight ones as they can be obtained locally (for many of us) and easily returned if there are any problems.

PDX_xB