Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

FORJWORKS 2008-2009 Scion xB Mafia Series Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Marshall..I'm definitely in..and hoping u guys create the lower grille for XB's with foglights. I had seen them on the forjworks website and they are sick!! i also had a ? as i want the "eyelids" but I have Euro lights w/angel halo and running leds above projector lamp..wondering if eyelids would come cover leds and only thing keeping me from purchasing. Have u come across this situation yet- please let me know..Regardless..I will definitley buy the grille from u guys.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks like the current Lincoln grilles
Old 05-02-2009, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Originally Posted by eight08customs
Plastic would be an option.. but the vison of this grill was to be a high end part made with the best matirals.
Plastic or nylon or something of that sort would be just fine with me (black). I personally don't see an advantage to billet aluminum, but that's no doubt a question of personal taste. Do like the design (though sans emblem )!
x2
Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks awesome..... easy installation would help too, i hate drilling, how is installation?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

I will be getting one of these when they are ready. Keep the chrome and chroming all the tips sounds like something I would be very interested in. I have seen every grill out there and liked none, in fact I told my wife a couple months back I wished that there was a grill styled like a Lexus. Keep up the innovation. Great work!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member

Oh yeah...and Yes for logo for me.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 AM
MN Scions

I like it. I think the slat design matches the lower grille without mirroring it. The slat pattern is very old school. It would look good on a tinted car with white wall tires and old school rims.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

bump for quality not quantity!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64
Looks awesome..... easy installation would help too, i hate drilling, how is installation?
will mount using the factory holes
Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scionic2
Marshall..I'm definitely in..and hoping u guys create the lower grille for XB's with foglights. I had seen them on the forjworks website and they are sick!! i also had a ? as i want the "eyelids" but I have Euro lights w/angel halo and running leds above projector lamp..wondering if eyelids would come cover leds and only thing keeping me from purchasing. Have u come across this situation yet- please let me know..Regardless..I will definitley buy the grille from u guys.
sorry we havent intstalled them on aftermarket head lamps yet,, wana be the frist
Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hanakepa
What does that mean? You have money out the ying-yang and screw anyone that doesn't (billet or bust?)? Let's see if Forjworks can stay in business catering to your philosophy :D!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Let me try to clear some things up.. Being an award winning car builder for many years.

Just remeber this.. the guy that prob has the cheaper part is prob the one thats going to screw you with a poor quality part. There just here to produce a part at the lowest cost to them and than mark the part up just a bit and flood the market with a poor quality part and make there moneys while it lasts.

FORJworks a new company and we are not strying to screw anyone... there will be people that are willing to pay for billet product and there will be some that may not. Just like how some will pay teh extra for a genuine part and some will just pay for a knock off.

We just want to get out the best product to market with the equiptment with we already have on hand. and thats why billet was choosen. plus its not mass produced liie many other products out there. These grills are going to made to order to what color you want it and have it to your taste. Be it chrome or powder coated trimm chromed and fins black to all blacked out to even pink and purple.. no other company has offered anything like this for a Scion Grill. This give you the option to get it hw yo want just like how you had this same choice when yo bought your scion to customize it to your taste..

Normally a comapny will deesign a part and sell it with out any input from the customers. As you know with grill we wanted to let the people get involoved and let us know there opinions and ideas.. and we hear you guys that are responding. with other companies what you would have got was that grill that you saw on the car and take it or leave it. its only going to come as polished aluminum and cost this much..

Could a plastic verison of this grill be made? My answer is yes but we dont have the equiptment yet to do it.

Would we make a mafia grill in plastic... I dont think so.. becuase we want to respect everyone that paid the price for the billet and we dont want to have what you would call a somewhat knocked of version of the Mafia Grill. But when and if we ever can we can deff comeout with a new design for a plastic grill.

Billet isnt cheap and we are not talking about those billet grills on ebay. If some are comparing prices with that billet thats totaly a diff style of grill. The average price for a fiberglass or plastic grill that made right and the only ones I have seen worth buying are from Japan cost over 250.00 for a peice of fiberglass or plastic.

We are against outsourcing our designs. our goals is to design and manufacture all of our products. We have seen so much products out there that quality isnt up to par becuase it was outsourced to Mexico Tailand China and what not. Just to bring down cost.

Forjwoks will stay in business without producing car parts its not our only resource for prodcing income to stay in biz.

And I will tell you the truth what prob going to be the price of the grill will be way below market value for a grill of this type.

We know that everyone waiting for parts for the scions and excited. But we are very sorry if the pricing dosent fit your budget or the style you dont like or you dont want billet becuase of cost. and we are aware of this situtation and want to try to provide a solution. I know we can come out with a much simpler grill that we can make out of prob the same matrial as the eyelids but the design will have to be simpler than the Mafia grill.

thanks for you input and keep it comming! as of now the grill is being tweaked onece again with some idea that you had posted.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What does that mean? You have money out the ying-yang and screw anyone that doesn't (billet or bust?)? Let's see if Forjworks can stay in business catering to your philosophy :D!
after attempting to build my 1gen xB, i've decided to do more research about parts than I've done before. no more terrible knockoffs or cheap wannabe quality just gotta spend the time to do the research and the spend the $. So even if it means more $, that's just means gotta wait longer....

patience is a virtue....
Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM

I have been a machinist for twenty years and trust me what he is telling you about the material, costs and quality is spot on.Looks killer!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Would we be able to get outsides of the grill, not the spokes in the center, color matched instead of chrome?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after attempting to build my 1gen xB, i've decided to do more research about parts than I've done before. no more terrible knockoffs or cheap wannabe quality just gotta spend the time to do the research and the spend the $. So even if it means more $, that's just means gotta wait longer....

patience is a virtue....
Sorry if I misinterpreted. I'm not expecting or requesting cheap, but on the other hand, expensive will not ensure success. The right price will need to take some middle ground. Use of a polymeric material should make that easier to achieve. (Which as noted earlier, doesn't rule out billet offerings.)
Old 05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Alot of folks have alot of opinions and feelings regarding the grille but as Abe Lincoln said..you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. I know for myself I appreciate quality and am willing to pay for it,even to the point I will save up to get what I feel is a well made product. I know not everyone can, especially some of the youger drivers on more limited income, but in the end I think quality always speaks for itself and sells. I would say to the folks at eight08customs please stay true to your vision and thanks for letting us all have a "voice" in your creative process.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I agree on the quality of aftermarket products, but on the other hand, we drive scions, meaning most of us cannot afford to pay for expensive, legit mods for their cars. and that is why other companies come in to produce cheaper products for cheaper prices to adjust to our budget. Not all cheap companies are out to scam you, there are those who actually use cheaper material and cheaper ways to produce it to lower the cost on your side.

btw, I would definitely get this grill if I was going the VIP route..
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Totally agree on the issue that there are quality aftermarket scion products and in the end most people's decisions ared driven by economics. If I had the chance, I would love to be 19 again and OWN a Scion..i was walking and taking mass transit at 19. I definitely am one for saving $$$..I've been fortunate enuf that most of my Scion accessories I've been able to buy at 50% or more discount. In the end for alot people it's usually a question of price and quality, some put more of a premium on one over another but if you're a good enuf shopper you can usually get both and that in the end=Value!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

So this is going to be machined out of a solid hunk of billet aluminum?
A piece of actual billet that size is going to be expensive.

Another plus side to having a product that's high quality and a little more expensive, is the fact that it's exclusive. Which is a big plus in my book.

Watching. :D

Quick Reply: FORJWORKS 2008-2009 Scion xB Mafia Series Grill