Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

FORJWORKS 2008-2009 Scion xB Mafia Series Grill

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elwaylite
Now, I will be ordering smoked tailight covers from you shortly, and I will be buying the bonnet spoiler unless I go with a CF hood.
The spoiler is pretty nice, but at $400 painted, it's still a reach. However, given $150 for the eyelids, I guess it's no big surprise.

You guys need to identify products that require less machine time. The price may be reasonable given the cost, but that just indicates the cost itself is out-of-line for the target vehicle. Still, you said earlier that ForjWorks income doesn't depend on their xB2 products. Just as well I suppose, though it'd be nice if your products were more afordable.

Still, nice stuff guys, but I'm concluding it's time for me to move on -- I simply can't afford you !
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Invertalon
Woah... Um... Looks nice and all but I would be *REALLY* suprised if you guys sold more than what I can count on one hand.

Insane...

I was *really* looking forward to this, but the price is beyond insane. I don't think it was worth the time and money as a company to produce something like this, myself. You have to know your market and well, FAIL
Sorry we know that everyone had high hopes with this grill. Forjworks will not give in to producing this grill in tailand china or any thridworld country.
IT wasnt any failure at all. we did produce the grill from scratch and got farther than anyone has. Forjworks learned a ton of stuffs on this project. And ahs shown everyone that we are capable of producing QUALITY parts that FIT RIGHT. So was it a failure? Not at all. Grill was produced and we have the CADS to make more if we sell any.

WE will work on a cheaper design that many of you want. Rightnow a grill for the CUBE is in the works and if this pans out in sure youll see a grill with in the 300 to 400 price range.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TrevorS
The spoiler is pretty nice, but at $400 painted, it's still a reach. However, given $150 for the eyelids, I guess it's no big surprise.

You guys need to identify products that require less machine time. The price may be reasonable given the cost, but that just indicates the cost itself is out-of-line for the target vehicle. Still, you said earlier that ForjWorks income doesn't depend on their xB2 products. Just as well I suppose, though it'd be nice if your products were more afordable.

Still, nice stuff guys, but I'm concluding it's time for me to move on -- I simply can't afford you !
Sorry Trevor the only way to bring cost down is sending it out to tailand china mexico.. we will not go to that level. becuase we produce QUALITY and not concerned about quantity sold. We did sell a good amount of those eyelids so pricing wasnt by far out of reach.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eight08customs
becuase we produce QUALITY and not concerned about quantity sold. We did sell a good amount of those eyelids so pricing wasnt by far out of reach
Well, $150 is significantly more affordable than $2,000.

WE will work on a cheaper design that many of you want. Rightnow a grill for the CUBE is in the works and if this pans out in sure youll see a grill with in the 300 to 400 price range.
If you can make this grille out of something cheaper than high quality billet aluminum, that might help us out a lot. If you can get it looking that nice, I'd be more than happy to part with $400 for that grille. $2,000 is waaay out of my budget, and I don't know anybody who would spend that much on a grille. My friend drives a 350Z and said he wouldn't pay that much for just a grille, joking that it better come with a couple $100 bills when it's shipped.

Anyway, I love the work and am impressed at how well it looks! I'd love to get these on my box, but see if you can make the xB community a nice one for hundreds less! I think $400-600 painted and shipped is the most people would pay.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry Trevor the only way to bring cost down is sending it out to tailand china mexico.. we will not go to that level. becuase we produce QUALITY and not concerned about quantity sold. We did sell a good amount of those eyelids so pricing wasnt by far out of reach.
As you may or may not recall, I own a set of those eyelids ! However, it's appearing as though that will be my only Forjworks purchase. Not a problem, I'm wishing you well, I'm just kind of giving up is all !
Old 03-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dont worry trevor.. youll get more forjworks parts on your car.

well there changing it up so we have to redesign the parts again. Grrrrr...
Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's a real bummer ! The 2011 xB appears to be closer to the Rumion and has differences in the headlight assemblies, grills, and taillights. Like many 2008-2010 xB2 owners, I have reservations, but tell that to the genuine original xB owners -- LOL ! I guess the only constant is change, and so here we are again!

Unfortunately, the only feature of the 2011 xB I can clearly ascribe to is the telescoping steering wheel -- that I want; but all else is a question.

Best wishes dude !

Last edited by TrevorS; 03-21-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Yeah, it's a real bummer ! The 2011 xB appears to be closer to the Rumion and has differences in the headlight assemblies, grills, and taillights. Like many 2008-2010 xB2 owners, I have reservations, but tell that to the genuine original xB owners -- LOL ! I guess the only constant is change, and so here we are again!

Unfortunately, the only feature of the 2011 xB I can clearly ascribe to is the telescoping steering wheel -- that I want; but all else is a question.

Best wishes dude !

I'm on the fence with the 2011..... I just want the Headlights and wanna see if the 2011 tail lights are plug and play???
Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

we still use this first prototype that made of MDF.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
I'm on the fence with the 2011..... I just want the Headlights and wanna see if the 2011 tail lights are plug and play???
If the headlight difference is only in the lamps and not the overall lens dimensions (appears to me they're using the same hood), then you should be good. However, the 2008-2010 rears don't include a backup light, so you can be pretty certain that portion of the electrics won't be Plug & Play!

we still use this first prototype that made of MDF.
The appearance of that MDF grill is very effective. I'm used to MDF being subject to moisture, but if you were able to effectively seal it from that, it should look super indefinitely -- nice grill !

Last edited by TrevorS; 03-30-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If the headlight difference is only in the lamps and not the overall lens dimensions (appears to me they're using the same hood), then you should be good. However, the 2008-2010 rears don't include a backup light, so you can be pretty certain that portion of the electrics won't be Plug & Play!

The appearance of that MDF grill is very effective. I'm used to MDF being subject to moisture, but if you were able to effectively seal it from that, it should look super indefinitely -- nice grill !
its only used for shows.. it will swell up from water..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is it listed for $1999.00 on the site..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh I read it... yeah that makes sence... over 10% the price of the car for a grill.. yeah,, sign me up!! for christ sakes jesse james himself would make you one for that....
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao
Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks for your opinion. If your going to be so nagative on the products, lets see what you can produce?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we understand guys we knew these grills wouldnt be a huge seller and most scion owners woulnt spend this kind of money for a girll. But we at fojworks accomplsihed something and learned alot from this project. The pics of this grille doestn do any justice. You have to see the actual product. there are fine details in it you cant see.

Looks like i wont be seeing it on my car soon its just hard to tie up the machine for 20 hours. Unless we have a slow slow period that has a window opening of 20 hours.

The prototype is somewhere in Floirda and we hope that person that has it will sooner or later start showing that car and fufill that sponsorship commitment they made with us. If you do see please take some pics and send it to us.

Any Ballers here wana order! LOL
Umm... this sum'd it up for me nicely. I don't see why Marshall has to keep explaining himself. If the grill can't be massed produced how can we expect massed produce prices? If we want lower prices, then the only real counter argument is if Forjworks would re-consider having it made in a factory in China somewhere.

The only thing that really sucks is that this is by far the nicest grill for the XB2. Every other grill made for the XB2 is a downgrade compared to the stock one and most of them look just plain awful.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for your opinion. If your going to be so nagative on the products, lets see what you can produce?
I'm not being negative, I think its a sweet design.. the nicest I've seen,,
Old 04-01-2010, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D_Unit
Umm... this sum'd it up for me nicely. I don't see why Marshall has to keep explaining himself. If the grill can't be massed produced how can we expect massed produce prices? If we want lower prices, then the only real counter argument is if Forjworks would re-consider having it made in a factory in China somewhere.

The only thing that really sucks is that this is by far the nicest grill for the XB2. Every other grill made for the XB2 is a downgrade compared to the stock one and most of them look just plain awful.
agreed 100%,, all the mesh grilles look stupid to me.. so friggen civic ricey
Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

its cool and all but looks a lot like a daewoo grille

Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OmenLW
its cool and all but looks a lot like a daewoo grille
Hmm, interesting take. I don't see the similarity at all, save for the middle portion of that grille.

When looking at the Mafia Grille, I see a resemblance to Lexus, what this grille was designed after:

Original Prototype:

Hmm, yeah... definitely doesn't look like a Daewoo grille at all.

Quick Reply: FORJWORKS 2008-2009 Scion xB Mafia Series Grill