Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Are JDM lights worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Nowhere in that post does it state "made in Japan", just place of origin. JDM = Japanese domestic market. The xB is a USDM vehicle, but made in Japan. The Rumion, JDM xB, uses entirely different tail lights. Not just in aesthetics, but size as well (they're in fact slightly smaller). Therefore, the aforementioned tail lights could not be considered JDM and I highly doubt they're even sold in Japan.

School is over, you're welcome.
So what's "origin" then? Where the part was made or where it was shipped from or what? The only JDM tails you can possibly have on the second gen xB are the Rumion ones if you can make them work.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone who thinks that their opinion on another persons car matters is a moron. if you don't like a product, then don't buy it. but bashing someone else for liking it is pretty pathetic imo. do you and let other people do them. taste is subjective. it's not that complicated.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
anyone who thinks that their opinion on another persons car matters is a moron. if you don't like a product, then don't buy it. but bashing someone else for liking it is pretty pathetic imo. do you and let other people do them. taste is subjective. it's not that complicated.
Thats fine...just dont ask for peoples opinion and nobody gets butthurt. I personally dont care if I hurt someones feelings or not when posed with a question about how ones car should be built. In my opinion there is a right way and a wrong way to build any car in any scene. Im not saying red is the only color I like so if your car isnt red its wrong...what im saying is there are certain mods, styles, brands etc that go with certain builds and scenes..but this is only my opinion (and those of most all serious builders).
Old 01-03-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reactor
So what's "origin" then? Where the part was made or where it was shipped from or what? The only JDM tails you can possibly have on the second gen xB are the Rumion ones if you can make them work.
I've already stated the size difference from the xB and Rumion tails. If you had read my ppost that you quoted, you would have noticed that. Just like you said, the only JDM tails are ones specifically made for the Rumion.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. If something doesn't fit a vehicle in Japan, do you really think they'd be for sale in their marketplace? Probably not. Hence why the aforementioned taillights are not JDM.
Jesus, is this stuff really that difficult to comprehend for some people? Seems fairly elementary to me...

Anyway, to the OP and to get back on topic, if you feel these are aesthetically appealing and something you want, get them. If not, cool beans. Everyone has their own opinions, obviously, but it's your car. Do what you want to do.
Just avoid the TYC tails. Junk.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
Amen!

...and BTW, how can cheap chinese parts for USDM vehicles be considered JDM? That makes no sense to me.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 AM

5 Year Member

To ricersux:
You say you have done three mods to you xb and won best for show can you show use nubes what those three mods and aka post pic and prove that you won anything for your car it is not concerted a ricer if you put light on your car if you put a body kit on your car or put up grades on your car it is call aftermarket tuning and part not riceing it out if that is what people want to spend their money on then let them and go on with your life to each his own
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jeremysmith05
To ricersux:
You say you have done three mods to you xb and won best for show can you show use nubes what those three mods and aka post pic and prove that you won anything for your car it is not concerted a ricer if you put light on your car if you put a body kit on your car or put up grades on your car it is call aftermarket tuning and part not riceing it out if that is what people want to spend their money on then let them and go on with your life to each his own
He posted pics of a low rider with over size wheels.A very simple looking car, thats very close to stock.
Many members made comments that his car wasn,t the style they were looking for and chose to do other mods.He stated that he won some lame award for best in stance!WTF? Most car brands are installing LED lights,bodykits,HID,custom wheels as stock options.The US is the custom car capital of the world and why would it change now?

Last edited by outkasts; 01-04-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So then you would think why someones asks for an opinion and you give it to them everyone freaks out.....

But really ricersux xb is sweet his awards were at scion exposed
Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM

First off everyone these are all opinions. Its ur ride in the end so do what u want to it.

I understand where ricersux is coming from and btw his xb is simply clean.

But ive done ____ like these lights and countless ebay specials wanting to "mod" my xb. Its fun at first but I went to shows for a year and couldnt win jack ____. Did a few goid mods in my budget and won a few awards myself now but Lets face it if ur modding to win shows these little things dont count for ____. Its all about wheels, suspension, performance and appearance. Thats how a turd with 3 "correct" mods win over those with 20 ebay "jdm" specials.

So if doing to win shows... Save money for proper mods. If u could give a ____ less about shows and awards do whatever the ____ you want. Its ur ride but the dooshbag ricersux I think makes a valid point but some are obviously to sensitive for to much reality.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True that dick! What is the purpose of the ride and do you even have a vision of a finished product. While also not just buying a mod to have 20
Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They always say quality over quantity
Old 01-04-2012, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeremysmith05
To ricersux:
Yes I only have 3 mods...well now 4 since I just installed a Pioneer 4300DVD head unit but I haven't been to any shows with the new head unit.

Mod 1: MRR HR-3 20x8.5 Wheels
Mod 2: Air suspension setup
Mod 3: Clazzio seat covers

Here are a few pics of my mods:

Here are some crappy pics of trophies won with the above 3 mods.

Best Overall Stance @ Scion Exposed/Street Life Tour

Upclose of plate (sorry its sideways lol) "Best Overall Stance"

1st Place 2nd Gen xB

Upclose of plate "Best xB 2nd Gen - 1st Place"

Originally Posted by outkasts
He posted pics of a low rider with over size wheels.A very simple looking car, thats very close to stock.
Many members made comments that his car wasn,t the style they were looking for and chose to do other mods.He stated that he won some lame award for best in stance!WTF? Most car brands are installing LED lights,bodykits,HID,custom wheels as stock options.The US is the custom car capital of the world and why would it change now?
If a car manufacturer chooses to utilize LED's, aero kits, HID headlights as stock options that is totally different then adding china/ebay parts that try to emulate something and then do it poorly at best. Also I do not have a Lowrider...obviously you are very new to this game of custom cars and don't know what the difference between and lowrider, minitruck, leadslead or a stanced xB is.

This is a lowrider just so you know:

Originally Posted by muzachead
So then you would think why someones asks for an opinion and you give it to them everyone freaks out.....

But really ricersux's xb is sweet his awards were at scion exposed
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by diknaBox
First off everyone these are all opinions. Its ur ride in the end so do what u want to it.

I understand where ricersux is coming from and btw his xb is simply clean.

But ive done ____ like these lights and countless ebay specials wanting to "mod" my xb. Its fun at first but I went to shows for a year and couldnt win jack ____. Did a few goid mods in my budget and won a few awards myself now but Lets face it if ur modding to win shows these little things dont count for ____. Its all about wheels, suspension, performance and appearance. Thats how a turd with 3 "correct" mods win over those with 20 ebay "jdm" specials.

So if doing to win shows... Save money for proper mods. If u could give a ____ less about shows and awards do whatever the ____ you want. Its ur ride but the dooshbag ricersux I think makes a valid point but some are obviously to sensitive for to much reality.
Thanks for the kind words lol I especially love the dooshbag description of me...I can feel the love (we know each other if anyone was confused)

EDIT: Added the best pic I have of my turd with 3 mods...seems the photogs for Canibeat like my car also as this was shot at Import Alliance summer meet. If you didn't know there were like some 10,000 cars there.

Link to the event coverage if you haven't seen the quality that attends this event: http://www.canibeat.com/2011/07/impo...uper-speedway/
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM

Feel the love dooshbag! Btw check our club forum. I got some orange led strips for ur turd. Lmao

Oh fck people need to lighten up these days. Although now its been quiet???
Old 01-04-2012, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member

Making your car ride like a dump truck, is the way to go?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Toast_Burner
Exhibit One, A "ricer" who has riced out an old BMW 5 series with:

EDIT: btw I took this today

-stupid tails
-distasteful body kit
-sub par wheels for a car that deserves VIP
-//M Motorsport banners and badges

This man was obviously trying to make his car look like something it is not therefore making him a ricer. Not even a Japanese car.
Thats a funny pic!I can,t see an almost stock pair scion tail lights with LEDs could be called rice?Its not even close to those lights!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread has become stupid, opinionated, and pointless now.

Question: Are JDM lights worth it?

Answer: If you like it, buy it!

/ End thread

Last edited by pyroman131; 01-05-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright, break it up people.

All I wanted to know is if the JDM lights were pieces of **** like the TYC tails that everyone bought and got ripped off on.

That's it, and so far it seems like they're built well and worth the money.

I'm asking because I still have TYC tails installed in mine and the break lights have completely malfunctioned. So I want to get a pair of lights that are actually street legal. I don't want to use the stock lights since they're very unattractive.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM

If it makes u happy do it. Everyone will have opinions but YOU drive it! so worth the money if u like and if u dont later, guess what? You can always change em up!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJrepresent
Alright, break it up people.
Ummm the thread more or less ended 15 days ago lol. That's sorta like calling for the end of WWII right now.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by VENisME
Ummm the thread more or less ended 15 days ago lol. That's sorta like calling for the end of WWII right now.
But we don't know if Hitler is officially dead, though...

Thought this thread was dead...

Nope, it's Chuck Testa.

Quick Reply: Are JDM lights worth it?