Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Toyota Euro Style Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by strtrcril87
My TYC's had the drivers side brake cluster stop working.
If anybody wants them for FREE, let me know.
ill take em!!!

i can paypal you the shipping and gas money..!!! let me know
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Longo one and they're excellent! Highly recommended. I think it looks better at night though.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Longo tail lights supposedly come with a 3 year warranty. Does anyone know if the warranty is in writing?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  IMG_3350-1jpgpicturebydietter.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  68.3 KB

Here is a shot of the Longo lights lit up.

These are the way to go. They are super bright and really set you apart from the rest, as you can see there is a LED light bar that also lights up. They come in smoke and black. The ones on my car are the black ones, I have had the prototypes for almost a year now and had no issues with them.

BTW: In the picture the lights are just on, meaning the brakes are not being press to make them brighter.

Last edited by Digon; 01-06-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
Here's another option from FastScions.com. It comes in smoke and chrome just like the one I posted above from Longo Toyota:

[/img]
No Offense...

These really are not the same as the LONGO light. I had ANZO Lights prior to these. Just a couple difference that I would like to point out.

The Longo lights have completely smooth outside and don't have a step design.

The Longo lights are entirely lit up. The ANZO / Eagle Eyes unfortunately dont fully light up.
i.e. the bottom half stay's lit while you have your lights on. Once you press on the brakes the top half then lights up.

With the Longo lights, all the LED's are lit, once you press on the brakes the LED's bulbs get even brighter with the exception of the LED light bars.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Digon; 01-06-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Digon
No Offense...

These really are not the same as the LONGO light. I had ANZO Lights prior to these. Just a couple difference that I would like to point out.

The Longo lights have completely smooth outside and don't have a step design.

The Longo lights are entirely lit up. The ANZO / Eagle Eyes unfortunately dont fully light up.
i.e. the bottom half stay's lit while you have your lights on. Once you press on the brakes the top half then lights up.

With the Longo lights, all the LED's are lit, once you press on the brakes the LED's bulbs get even brighter with the exception of the LED light bars.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for clarifying the differences. I was wondering why they cost more than the similar looking tail lights on eBay. At $279.00 I was considering them. I see they have now raised their price to $349.00. So, that puts them, out of the running for me. That's just too much money for tail lights when other alternatives are in the $200 - $235 range.

Now that the TYC tail lights have supposedly been updated and the reliability problem fixed, I may have to re-consider them as an affordable alternative to the Longos.

PDX_xB
Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why do people call these euro lights.. they dont look like anything on any euro car i have seen.... and why do people think "euro" is the coolest.. i didnt buy a vw cause I dont want a vw.... just some food for thought..
Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like those longo lights.. the leds look cool

i hate the chrome old style lights look on any car,, .. looks sooooo old.. nothing like seeing a durango or a caravan driving around with those ugly chrome flea market lights.. lol
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotamastertechnician
why do people call these euro lights.. they dont look like anything on any euro car i have seen.... and why do people think "euro" is the coolest.. i didnt buy a vw cause I dont want a vw.... just some food for thought..
It's obviously a marketing buzzword that's supposed to convince you to buy this product of uncompromized quality to prove you have class and style. Be sure to get your "eurostyle" tail lights for your "JDM" style car. Makes no sense at all, but the more buzzwords you put in your eBay listing, the more search hits you'll get. I suspect that's the real motivation.

PDX_xB
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PDX_xB
It's obviously a marketing buzzword that's supposed to convince you to buy this product of uncompromized quality to prove you have class and style. Be sure to get your "eurostyle" tail lights for your "JDM" style car. Makes no sense at all, but the more buzzwords you put in your eBay listing, the more search hits you'll get. I suspect that's the real motivation.

PDX_xB
and most of the ebay listers who list this kind of stuff are in china etc.. are overseas, and cant speak english,, so like you said,, euro is a buzzword they probably learned from other countries.. or from the euro guys... I know I want nothing euro on my car.... lol
Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PDX_xB
Thanks for clarifying the differences. I was wondering why they cost more than the similar looking tail lights on eBay. At $279.00 I was considering them. I see they have now raised their price to $349.00. So, that puts them, out of the running for me. That's just too much money for tail lights when other alternatives are in the $200 - $235 range.

Now that the TYC tail lights have supposedly been updated and the reliability problem fixed, I may have to re-consider them as an affordable alternative to the Longos.

PDX_xB
Holy price increase...they just priced themselves out of my market.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ocotillo
Holy price increase...they just priced themselves out of my market.
Yup, me too. After reading Digon's explanation of the differences between the Longo tail ligts and the similar looking ones on eBay, I figured it might be worth the extra $75 to spring for the Longos. Then I went to eBay and saw their new $349.00 price. No thanks. They're not that much better than the alternatives.

PDX_xB
Old 01-07-2010, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
Here's another option from FastScions.com. It comes in smoke and chrome just like the one I posted above from Longo Toyota:
No Offense...

I never said that these lights were the same lights as the Longo ones. I only posted a pic to show you that FastScions.com offered LED tails as well, but that I liked the ones from Longo Toyota the best.

As far as the price being updated, I can still get the Longos for $261.70 shipped. Are you all on the right site??

Last edited by pyroman131; 01-07-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thought I'd add the link to the ScionLife discount, btw.

You're welcome.

http://www.longoparts.com/ScionLife/...ife.html#xBTOP
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha! thought I point out the differences...anyways. Thanks for pushing the link!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha! thought I point out the differences...anyways. Thanks for pushing the link!
No problem. To make things right, go ahead and order me a set and ship it to Jacksonville, FL.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anybody have some photos of the TYC/Euro Style tail lights on an RS6.0?

I'm trying to decide between these and the Longo tail lights and would like to see how they'd look before committing to a purchase.

Thanks,
PDX_xB
Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

To ocotillo- I've been running the TYC taillights now for almost two years with no problems; definitely alot better than the stock. As a heads up, I also changed the turn signal bulb to an led (V-leds) and looks that much better. Keep checking ebay as I got my pair for $184 with shipping. The Longo ones look nice but I have to say pics ared definitely different than seeing in person- the TYC's were/are alot more impressive looking than the pic on TRDSparks.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TYC lights have been disabled on TRDSparks. Site says TBD for price. I emailed them and they stated that have put sales on hold as durability issues are still ongoing. Don't take my word for it. Contact them.

I am very interested in getting some LED tail lights for my XB but so far I have not found any brand that I am confident will last.

I have contacted Longo regarding the warranty for their tail lights but have received no response. It recall reading somewhere that their warranty was for 3 years. I hope this is true and it is in writing. Otherwise, no sale.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike
The TYC lights have been disabled on TRDSparks. Site says TBD for price. I emailed them and they stated that have put sales on hold as durability issues are still ongoing. Don't take my word for it. Contact them.

I am very interested in getting some LED tail lights for my XB but so far I have not found any brand that I am confident will last.

I have contacted Longo regarding the warranty for their tail lights but have received no response. It recall reading somewhere that their warranty was for 3 years. I hope this is true and it is in writing. Otherwise, no sale.
Well, that's a bummer. I know TRDSparks had pulled the TYC Euro Style Tail Lights once before due to reliability problems, but started selling them again when the problem had been supposedly fixed. Guess not. Too bad, I like the looks of these tail lights and think they would look good on my car - but only if they work.

The Longo tail lights have more of a VIP look. It looks good on VIP style cars, especially black, white and silver. The VIP look doesn't go with the rest of my car, and I haven't seen any photos of the Longo tail lights on an RS6.0.

So, I may be sticking with the stock tail lights for now.

PDX_xB

Quick Reply: Toyota Euro Style Tail Lights