Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

xB headlights will not shut off automatically when i .....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 AM
SL Member

awesome; thanks.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a legitimate complaint. I paid 15.5 for my new tc 5 years ago, and it has auto off for the headlights. Its a common sense feature that all new cars should have.

Back when i had an old civic i can't count the # of time's I killed the battery before I wired in a buzzer to warn when iginition off + headlights on.

Luckily, it was a manual and easy to push..
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by kileil
Its a legitimate complaint. I paid 15.5 for my new tc 5 years ago, and it has auto off for the headlights. Its a common sense feature that all new cars should have.
I'm just fine with out it, I like to control when my headlights are on/off. I hated my auto on lights on my prior car because they always turn on at the wrong time (like when I'm under my car port or go under a bridge) and they would stay on for about a minute after I turned off the car which was really annoying...
Old 04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
SL Member

I don't think we're talking about a day-light sensor to turn the lights on. We're talking about leaving the lights in the "on" position and when you shut the car off the lights turn off. Next time you turn the car on, the lights turn on.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Default XB headlight buzzer

I've been trying to fix this too. One thing that helped is I took apart the guage cluster and drilled a hole in the plastic so the buzzer could "get out". Helped a bit but the thing is too high pitched for my hearing. Still looking for either a louder buzzer replacement or a auto off system. I did notice on the curcuit board there was a BZvol silkscreend on there but nothing adjustable. Looks like one of those options that did not get installed.

Originally Posted by kimnmel
OK, the buzzer on the XB SUCKS! Toyota doesn't have a fix and could care less. A headlight delay shutoff system would be great but they don't offer it and I was wondering if anyone knew who might make an aftermarker system for the XB? Now for the people who have said "what you can't see your headlights at night"? Have you considered people that have their headlights on during the day for safety?

An engineer at Toyota decided to put the buzzer on the back of the display guages and against the firewall to deaden the sound, that's why he's not a rocket scientist.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 AM

I left my interior dome light on at the airport on xD, 1 week later I return to a Dead Batt. Plugged in my jump box 2 minutes later Im on the road. Jumper boxes are good for helping people out without having to use your car. I like the idea of being a good samaritian, but not using my battery to jump someone. It cost me $35 bucks.

More to the seriousness, its a monospec car that at least you dont have to buy some comfort and convenience package for $2k with a bunch of other stuff you dont want.

No Security system- buy one-of course in my neighborhood thats called a manual trans
No subwoofer buy one and plug one in
Steel wheels- buy rims and put them on.
Too SLow- Buy a turbocharger.
No HID headlights, or foglights. they can be installed.

It is the old adage, give away the razor and sell the $#!^ out of blades. Whatever we may think of decisions that are made theres nothing that cant be done by us.
I really think that 5th gear should have been made taller for fuel economy i miss my xD mileage.

You have 6 airbags, abs, stability, traction. Really 50$ here and there and you have a lexus.

But there are plenty of $30,000 scions on the road w/ Leather, sunroof, turbo, rims, stereo, and all the other goodies in the parts bin.

Note to toyota, add the feature to the parts bin.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by boooosty
Is it hard to see the light on? If you have your lights on, it must mean nighttime/somewhere dark.
Or maybe just rain. Some states wisely require headlights when wipers are on.