Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Any one running the Blitz throttle control

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
let me be a middle man here. kittens has been known to not use punctuation... what he is trying to say is that he is running a turbo and using a scanguage (OBDII reader) he has discovered that the computer that controls the throttle never really likes to give you full throttle. by purchasing the blitz/toms throttle controller he can have a more linear throttle and achieve that full throttle so he can tune it i guess.

welcome back cory. hope you destroy every evo in the state
bout time someone backed him up, this isnt really a waste of money. Buying a cf hatch or a rice wing bigger than your car is a waste of money.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I thought cf hatch would make our fat ___ rears a little lighter?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM
TWP
Banned

Sorry for digging tomb. We are one of the manufacturer making adjustable throttle controller.

Our price is way more affordable compared to others.

Here is the link to our product detail.

TWP

Originally Posted by ae86gts
I see blitz sell a fit for the junk fly by wire throttle but 500 bucks how does it feel after
with 4 different settings
and is there any other companys out there making any thing?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Everyone give corys a hard time on here. Take it easy! He is right. What does everyone think traction control is? They use the tps to govern the speed and response of the vehicle. With traction control they can cut throttle repsonse, control abs, so on and so on. Of course toyota knows what they are doing. Weather your driving in a straight line or hitting corners fast. The inputs (i.e. Sensors) to the pcm provide given information about driveablilty. Its all for legal issues and what the BAR mandates, tells the manufactures in the united states must be done. Word of mouth is that within a couple of years all vehicles produced in the united states will have non disengagable traction control. I got a little of topic here but it was necessary. Using traction control as a reference you guys can understand how the throttle response is affected.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

smooth throttle response is great for family cars .... but thats not most of our goals here .. to have a xb turbo that spanks a gti r32, sti , mustang , or evos ..IS ! so increased throttle is a welcome thing. blowing up is a risk all highly modded cars dance with every day .. just like blowing a amp or speaker ... it happens . I definatly have this on my list .. just a little ways down ... hey cory ... did you do a Limited slip yet ? im doing the lsd and clutch before the turbo goes in ... so far ive only found the trd.. what clutch are you running with ... i guess im doing trd for both .. but im only looking for 300 to 325 hp for daily driver ..
Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Any one running the Blitz throttle control

Originally Posted by coryjames
to prove a point this will let you have alot better throttle response i can floor my car i have a scan gauge the throttle is progressive so it takes a few seconds to make it go wide open say i floor it at 2000 rpms it will take upwards of 3 seconds before the tps throttle position to get over 89 and i have yet to see it hit 100 so who knows
Yeah mine only gets to 80-81.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM
SL Member

:-) I have the TWP, and i love it.. I'd say it feels like it gives you that extra % thats limited...
Old 03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
SL Member

Sale is on right now.

TWP
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by renegade4x4
Yeah mine only gets to 80-81.
that is spec..80% is what its supposed to show on the feedback to the ecu,, thats just the feedback ratio, doesn't mean your throttle isn't opening all the way, it is.. I wouldn't dick with anything to do with your throttle.. if you have an issue and you hit somebody, or something, you will get hung by lawyers these days...
Old 03-28-2010, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I'm confused -- if the feedback is 80% throttle, why would it make any sense for the actual to be 100%? If it is, it removes all possibility for the ECU to make positive adjustments. That would seem at best a bandaid to an underlying design problem. If properly engineered, I'd expect 80% to be at least a reasonable aproximation of the actual throttle plate position.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well thats toyotas spec for wot.... pretty much all of them will show 80% @ wot,
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not saying it makes sense,, but thats spec.. a lot of things don't make sense with the specs.. drives us crazy..
Old 03-28-2010, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Geez -- and I though digital control was supposed to support greater accuracy! What you're suggesting would be very mediocre performance for analog, which to me was easily superior for both steering and throttle control!

No wonder I don't much care for digital for car controls! (Or a whole lot else, for that matter !)
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone bothered to check this yet? In theory, all you'd have to do is remove the intake hose from the throttle body, turn the ign on, floor the gas pedal and observe the throttle plate. If no one else steps up, I'll try it. I also have a number of other questions such as what differentiates calculated load from absolute load, absolute throttle position from relative TP, etc.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Geez -- and I though digital control was supposed to support greater accuracy! What you're suggesting would be very mediocre performance for analog, which to me was easily superior for both steering and throttle control!

No wonder I don't much care for digital for car controls! (Or a whole lot else, for that matter !)
Don't give up yet, Trevor! Digital is better or at least can be better and will be better. It's all up to the engineers/programmers.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trevor.... 80% on the scan tool is 100% open to the ecu.... it also wont show 0% with a closed throttle, more like 13%....... toyotas spec for 100% open throttle is a 80%value sent back to the ecu from the tps... if you change the throttle position to open the throttle a minor 7 or 8 % more, it over working what the motor was made to do (80) and I doubt very highly your gaining anything on that,, what another 1 hp.. for $500.. give me a break...
Old 03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotamastertechnician
trevor.... 80% on the scan tool is 100% open to the ecu.... it also wont show 0% with a closed throttle, more like 13%....... 1 hp.. for $500.. give me a break...

If I were you, I wouldn't buy $500 something for a electronic device except for ECU reflashing/remapping device (Hondata/AccessPort).

However, we, TWP, offer our kit at $150 range. That should be something to consider. More reviews can be found in tC lounge section.

Sincerely,
TWP
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotamastertechnician
trevor.... 80% on the scan tool is 100% open to the ecu.... it also wont show 0% with a closed throttle, more like 13%....... toyotas spec for 100% open throttle is a 80%value sent back to the ecu from the tps... if you change the throttle position to open the throttle a minor 7 or 8 % more, it over working what the motor was made to do (80) and I doubt very highly your gaining anything on that,, what another 1 hp.. for $500.. give me a break...
Hi dude,

Please understand, I'm not trying to be argumentative. But are you saying a genuine 100% WOT could be damaging to the 2AZ-FE engine? Does that really make any sense from an automotive engineering perspective? Why would a production engine be mated to a TB that is capable of damaging it due to excessive fuel/air charge? I don't mean to be critical, but it sure seems like something is out-of-whack in this concept.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Don't give up yet, Trevor! Digital is better or at least can be better and will be better. It's all up to the engineers/programmers.
To be sure, digital is capable of being better than analog with servo and general control mechanisms (still not convinced with anything finer). However, I've yet to personally experience such an improvement with an automobile, and thus far, this conversation isn't helping any ! To me, the epitome of digital control to-date is either a microwave oven or a computer -- forget anything that's naturally linear in nature (ie. analog).

Last edited by TrevorS; 03-30-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Hi dude,

Please understand, I'm not trying to be argumentative. But are you saying a genuine 100% WOT could be damaging to the 2AZ-FE engine? Does that really make any sense from an automotive engineering perspective? Why would a production engine be mated to a TB that is capable of damaging it due to excessive fuel/air charge? I don't mean to be critical, but it sure seems like something is out-of-whack in this concept.
no damage to the engine,, the motor is what i meant,, the throttle motor..

Quick Reply: Any one running the Blitz throttle control