Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TSUDO 2008 xB/xB2 dual fireball exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a quick comment !

I don't know if this will start an argument or be considered bull**** or what, BUT:

I accept the Tsudo Dual probably has minimal if any effect on horsepower, but I'm wondering if it helps the torque any? I made a standing start left turn at a light controlled intersection today that I could swear was quicker than ever before, it seemed to jump (I'd been forced to wait for cross traffic during a quick green light -- didn't want to lose it .) The rest of the exhaust is stock, but it really did seem to come on stronger than before (torque, not horsepower!)

Imagination? Or is there actually something going on here? My only other engine mods are CAI and pulley, but it sure seemed to me that exhaust upgrade made a difference pulling out from that light !
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Just a quick comment !

I don't know if this will start an argument or be considered bull**** or what, BUT:

I accept the Tsudo Dual probably has minimal if any effect on horsepower, but I'm wondering if it helps the torque any? I made a standing start left turn at a light controlled intersection today that I could swear was quicker than ever before, it seemed to jump (I'd been forced to wait for cross traffic during a quick green light -- didn't want to lose it .) The rest of the exhaust is stock, but it really did seem to come on stronger than before (torque, not horsepower!)

Imagination? Or is there actually something going on here? My only other engine mods are CAI and pulley, but it sure seemed to me that exhaust upgrade made a difference pulling out from that light !

Def feel the same way,,,Both the intake and exhaust made some what of a difference over stock. I love it and def feel's alot better iver stock.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 AM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I been away for a bit and dug up this post.

Originally Posted by ScioXBox
I want this exhaust. Has someone installed this with the Five Axis kit?
Yes, I have. If your handy with a welder and some fabrication. See below.

Originally Posted by speedelement
It does not fit the Five Axis kit, "rj" tried it and it seems like it requires major modification to the rear section.
Yes, I did and at that point in time I was a little upset at you all for things that were said that I took as a bit unprofessional. BUT

This is what I did to make the exhaust fit under my lowered xB with the 5 axis kit.
Now I still have a rattle issue since the bushings fell out a while back. That and I had to relocated a brake line to move it over to the right some since I had to space out the exhaust a bit. It was sitting right against the exhaust. There is 2 brackets that holds a steel line that is about 4" long. I just cut them down a bit and re-welded them back so they would not rub up against the exhaust.

I also had to lower the mounting points about 2" downward. The only other issue I have since I am about 3" lower than stock it rattles every now and again against the suspension but, that is what I get for being dropped. I am still working on a mid point mount to see if I can pull it up a bit more to stop this issue. I just have been working way to much to have any free time to tinker.

I like the way it sounds and how it looks on the xB, I just was little upset at these guys for missing the mark on setting it up for more than the application for a "stock" xb and for all of us that would use body kits out there.
Here is what it looks like Rolling down the road.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rj
Ok, I been away for a bit and dug up this post.

Originally Posted by ScioXBox
I want this exhaust. Has someone installed this with the Five Axis kit?
Yes, I have. If your handy with a welder and some fabrication. See below.

Originally Posted by speedelement
It does not fit the Five Axis kit, "rj" tried it and it seems like it requires major modification to the rear section.
Yes, I did and at that point in time I was a little upset at you all for things that were said that I took as a bit unprofessional. BUT

This is what I did to make the exhaust fit under my lowered xB with the 5 axis kit.
Now I still have a rattle issue since the bushings fell out a while back. That and I had to relocated a brake line to move it over to the right some since I had to space out the exhaust a bit. It was sitting right against the exhaust. There is 2 brackets that holds a steel line that is about 4" long. I just cut them down a bit and re-welded them back so they would not rub up against the exhaust.

I also had to lower the mounting points about 2" downward. The only other issue I have since I am about 3" lower than stock it rattles every now and again against the suspension but, that is what I get for being dropped. I am still working on a mid point mount to see if I can pull it up a bit more to stop this issue. I just have been working way to much to have any free time to tinker.

I like the way it sounds and how it looks on the xB, I just was little upset at these guys for missing the mark on setting it up for more than the application for a "stock" xb and for all of us that would use body kits out there.
Here is what it looks like Rolling down the road.

Nice work, and nice xB!!!! That write-up should help some people.my Tsudo shipped out Fri. I hope there isnt any fitment issues with the RS 5.0 kit....
Old 11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdmtoybb
Nice work, and nice xB!!!! That write-up should help some people.my Tsudo shipped out Fri. I hope there isnt any fitment issues with the RS 5.0 kit....
None at all.
Buddy at work has a RS 5.0 with this exhaust. Just make sure to get everything hanging then do your adjustments. Then go back and tighten everything down. Don't forget to make sure on the hanger you go washer bushing bushing washer and nut (add loctite) or you will loose your bushings and have rattles.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice murderer box you have there. one of the best bsp out there thats simple and clean
great job
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

RJ's box looks awesome in person. He lives about 2 miles from me. Yet I only see him about once a month. LOL..
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
RJ's box looks awesome in person. He lives about 2 miles from me. Yet I only see him about once a month. LOL..
Haha! Dunno who's busier you or me?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:28 AM
SL Member

I dig my Tsudo Dual Exhaust... it gives the box the perfect sound and its not raspy
Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by bego
I dig my Tsudo Dual Exhaust... it gives the box the perfect sound and its not raspy

DUDE Great looking xB Great color and Great looking Exhaust and def likeing the smoked reverse light.

Welcome to the Tsudo Club LOL
Old 11-18-2008, 04:04 AM
SL Member

thanks, thanks and thanks. ya I hadnt read anybody with a tinted reverse light so I thought I would try and see what happens, turns out killer
Old 11-18-2008, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

SO....there us NO WAY to make this a single exit?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by boooosty
Just get the HKS unit. :D
Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suppose you could block off the 'Y' crossover flange that couples to the left side pipe. It would take a piece of steel and you could use the provided gasket and bolts.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
I suppose you could block off the 'Y' crossover flange that couples to the left side pipe. It would take a piece of steel and you could use the provided gasket and bolts.
I wonder how that would sound........
Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just thought I'd mention I've seen a few posts by people who lost hanger nuts and even bushings due to the nuts coming loose. Mine hadn't loosened at all, but I decided to go safe. I just picked up some blue threadlock (as a safeguard) for a particular bolt on my Eclipse, and so I also applied it to both hanger threads and retightened the nuts. Seems like it might be a good idea for anyone installing any exhaust actually. Just a little insurance !
Old 11-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

So I see there is no repsonse about it not fitting with the 5 axis kit? Figured that would be one of the most talked about issues really. Since the kit is a factory option.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:36 AM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
So I see there is no repsonse about it not fitting with the 5 axis kit? Figured that would be one of the most talked about issues really. Since the kit is a factory option.
Yea me too. I figured this thread would be little more busy. Even some chiming in from SpeedElement . Guess its old news.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone know if the exhaust will fit the bomex kit
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member

hell yeah! i just put this exhaust on my 09 on tues and absolutely love it went on easy in about 30 mins and it has gotten a tad louder but sounds great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: TSUDO 2008 xB/xB2 dual fireball exhaust