Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

|Dezod Motorsports| AEM FIC & AEM EMS PnP Harness (pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It actually is not that hard just a bit tidious. Those are pretty much all the wires you have to intercept/tap into(for the FIC). Aem recomends that you test each concection as you go and clamp your maf while your still na. Hey Cory are going FIC or EMS? You know you can have two tunes on the fic. I might use that feature for water meth setup. Also do not forget your 2k ohm 1/2 watt resistors between CAM1 MAGI+ and CAM1 MAGI- also CRK MAGI+ and CRK MAGI-.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea maybe after you do yours i can pay you and drive down to jersey and you can wire up my box
Old 01-11-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about the resistors how many do i need maybe this is some of my problem i dont have any im trying to find my wiring diagram cause my old comp took a dump so i have it wrote down hhow do you read the pinds on the connector
Old 01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what i can tell you need 4 resistors
Old 01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need 2 resistors, this is found on aem forums as some folks where having issues with sputtering and fuel cutout, aparantly there is high noise on the cam and crk so the resistors was the fix. This was mainly on the TC but as a precaution I am going to wire them in.

Most wires are on the B33 conector can be found on pg 11 on the link posted.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zsanz
from what i can tell you need 4 resistors
Just two. kind of like if you were shorting two wire with the resistor. Here is a link to the post on their forum.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...,19962.45.html
Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so just two resistors and to what lead the way you wrote it looked like you needed 4 so one on the line or the load of the cam and line or load on the crank?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same setup between CRK MAGI+ AND CRK MAGI-
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok i get it looks like a plan i will try this when you do it take pics and make sure to lengthen the wires to make it into the cab i solder and shrink rap that crap
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah might just put the fic in engine bay with usb into the cab, still debating unless I can install it driverside firewall in the cab. I have everything I need to install it, shooting for this weekend.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in 4 detailed diy.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

any closer to a PnP harness? im dyin for a turbo kit, but want some kind of engine management system..
Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by cTek
any closer to a PnP harness? im dyin for a turbo kit, but want some kind of engine management system..
This ECU connector has been an utter dead end. I have the other 2 connectors, but that will not do us any good without the rest.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ecu connector is the trouble one for me to
Old 01-19-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
This ECU connector has been an utter dead end. I have the other 2 connectors, but that will not do us any good without the rest.
Is that not all we really need to make this work the B33 and A36 connectors I really dont want to splice into my harness but with no other choice there is not much left to do.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not that bad tainox just do it nice and neat its not hard at all take pics and lots of good ones i forgot to do so when i did it took me about half an hour to splice it all in another hour to wrap it up all nice the fic is very easy to use i got a tun pretty close how much ignition retard you going to go per pound?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tainoxl
Is that not all we really need to make this work the B33 and A36 connectors I really dont want to splice into my harness but with no other choice there is not much left to do.
All we need is that ECU connector to make it PnP
Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this one was a pain whhat fell through on you guys reproducing it? run into troubles?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames

this one was a pain whhat fell through on you guys reproducing it? run into troubles?
As said before, the ECU side connector is what stopped us from making a full PnP harness. We have the other 2 connectors. No sense in making a half PnP harness.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
its not that bad tainox just do it nice and neat its not hard at all take pics and lots of good ones i forgot to do so when i did it took me about half an hour to splice it all in another hour to wrap it up all nice the fic is very easy to use i got a tun pretty close how much ignition retard you going to go per pound?

Probably 1 degree psi, then about 2 at higher psi. I may not play around too much with the tuning. I believe that tuning is art which I do not have the touch for. I would love to street tune then dyno tune but nowadays the consequences can out way the benefits. Is your ride up and runing again. Also do you recall how you hooked up your signal ground, I was going to hook up to the maf ground instead of the one I posted. Either ground will work but aem recommends the maf ground.

Hey Paul at least you guys are trying, hope it works out. We would all love to see a Dezod Boosted XB2.

Quick Reply: |Dezod Motorsports| AEM FIC & AEM EMS PnP Harness (pg 9)