Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The CXR Turbo kit thread (Old pics on pg 3,4,5 & 7) Redux pics on pg 16!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
What kit do you have? How do you like the Godspeed mani? I ordered the Godspeed mani but they sent me a Treadstone instead. If you have the CXR kit, think I know how you can mod the charge piping to work.
i took my car to rene's shop the r&d guy for cxracing i had told him about the mani crackin on people and he put a l-shape welded on the part where the turbo goes for more support that dint help. here are some pictures of my set up and my aem fic with the boomslag harness. im gonna replace that mani this week and gettin it tune next monday.
Name:  p403813355.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  182.6 KBthis is my car

Name:  Picture025.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  191.2 KB
Name:  Picture026.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  195.4 KB
Name:  Picture039.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  147.9 KB
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that kit specific to your car or is it the xB2 kit modified? And is that boomslang harness the same for the xB2? Cool beans!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:14 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC
Is that kit specific to your car or is it the xB2 kit modified? And is that boomslang harness the same for the xB2? Cool beans!
is a custom kit with the cxracing xb2 mani..and yes the boomslang harness is the same as my xrs i contacted them before i order it.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool. So you getting a new manifold soon?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andys09xrs

i took my car to rene's shop the r&d guy for cxracing i had told him about the mani crackin on people and he put a l-shape welded on the part where the turbo goes for more support that dint help. here are some pictures of my set up and my aem fic with the boomslag harness. im gonna replace that mani this week and gettin it tune next monday.
I like your Corolla and turbo kit (except for the mani, or course). That's what Toyota should be selling as a performance car, not the weak crap they currently offer. 3000 lbs and 160bhp is a performance car? I know how to adapt the CXR XB kit for a cast mani but not yours. The intake and charge pipes shouldn't be too hard but I think you're gonna end up with an external WG and new DP like I did. The Godspeed mani appears to provide about 1" more clearance for the DP to rad hose but it looks like that won't be enough to keep the int WG. Maybe with a new DP...

I can only think of 2 ways to salvage the CXR mani. One would be to brace the turbo against the block so the mani doesn't hold any of it's weight. The second would be to replace the 16ga tubing with schedule 40 (10ga). I know one guy is doing just that. He found a shop that is going to rebuild the CXR mani with heavier tubing. That should last a lot longer, although cast is still better IMO.

Good luck and keep us posted on your project. I'm very interested.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
SL Member

yeah i was looking at that im gonna need a new downpipe and a w/g. im looking for a different mani ... also to see if i find anything else i like.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't you say you already had a Godspeed mani? If so, what don't you like about it?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 PM
SL Member

i do have it i install everything today just need to install my aem fic. but!! now i have evrything for sale im done with toyota wasnt happy what so ever.
so people i got my 08-10 scion xb aem fic harness for sale with my fic unit make me an offer. everything for sale offer me what u want and ill see whats up!!
ill post pics in a bit.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do have it i install everything today just need to install my aem fic. but!! now i have evrything for sale im done with toyota wasnt happy what so ever.
so people i got my 08-10 scion xb aem fic harness for sale with my fic unit make me an offer. everything for sale offer me what u want and ill see whats up!!
ill post pics in a bit.
What was the issue, don't give up so easy. Maybe some of us maybe able to help you. Your corolla looks clean btw.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:55 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tainoxl
What was the issue, don't give up so easy. Maybe some of us maybe able to help you. Your corolla looks clean btw.
just personal issues
Old 10-17-2009, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just personal issues
Reasonable, well if you change your mind you know where to come.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
SL Member

aem fic and boomslang harness for sale guys fits 08 -10 scion xb. dont have enought post to put in the for sale .
Old 10-18-2009, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill post pics in a bit.
I wish you had made this decision a few weeks ago! I already bought a harness and 2 FICs (long story). Oh well, sorry the turbo Corolla didn't work out for you, for whatever reasons. Good luck selling your stuff. You should start a new thread about it.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so you didn't know toyota would flip out did you take your car to a dealer
Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was planning to run my CXR Chinacharger until the seals went but decided against it. This way I won't need any retuning for a new turbo down the road. I found a deal on a Precision 5031E. Brand new with 12 mo warranty for $560 shipped. I called Precision to verify that it's theirs and it is. I was told that it's an older model they sold for $950 a couple years back. It has a cast back plate vs billet on the newer models. For $560 with a 360 degree thrust plate, I can live with that.

Max. Rated HP 450 Horsepower

Part No. - SC-5031E

Compressor Wheel Diameter 54mm

Compressor Wheel Inducer - 2.123

Compressor Wheel Exducer 3.000

Wheel Trim 50 Trim

Compressor Cover Inlet 3

Outlet Size 2

Bearing System PTE Race 360 Center Section

Turbine Housing A/R Ratio - .63 5 Bolt Turbine Housing

Turbine Wheel Style - T31 (Stage III)

Turbine Wheel Inducer 2.559"

Turbine Wheel Exducer 2.229"

Turbine Wheel Trim - 76
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, if anyone needs a FIC, PM me.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
so you didn't know toyota would flip out did you take your car to a dealer
Now we know what really happened.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174925

"What's up people well new here I got a 09 corolla xrs witch is basically a 4 door tc. I Turbo it but dint tune it and yes it took a crap. Now my question is I got the je pistons 9.0.1 a port and Polish head cometic head gasket fidanza fly wheel with exedy stage 2 clutch 550cc injectors and ill be running a gt28 Turbo with aem fic. What numbers u think my car will pull?"

Stock injectors, WG set to 8psi, no EM, no clue = BOOM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Now we know what really happened.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174925

"What's up people well new here I got a 09 corolla xrs witch is basically a 4 door tc. I Turbo it but dint tune it and yes it took a crap. Now my question is I got the je pistons 9.0.1 a port and Polish head cometic head gasket fidanza fly wheel with exedy stage 2 clutch 550cc injectors and ill be running a gt28 Turbo with aem fic. What numbers u think my car will pull?"

Stock injectors, WG set to 8psi, no EM, no clue = BOOM.
Its a shame all the money spent on supporting mods and no fuel management. Well he should just drop in new pistons and rods at this point. Lesson learned.

Hey Scion fred I get that map out to you in few min, been a busy. Remember to to richen up the whole map a bit as you are runing smaller injectors.

Also try to use the z104 slave I tried the 107 on my fic yesterday and my whole tune was off had stalling issue and all, went back to 104 and all gone.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tainoxl
Its a shame all the money spent on supporting mods and no fuel management. Well he should just drop in new pistons and rods at this point. Lesson learned.

Hey Scion fred I get that map out to you in few min, been a busy. Remember to to richen up the whole map a bit as you are runing smaller injectors.

Also try to use the z104 slave I tried the 107 on my fic yesterday and my whole tune was off had stalling issue and all, went back to 104 and all gone.
What's odd is that he had a FIC and PnP harness. I'd like to know if he was waiting to install it or installed it and had the same CPS issues that I'm having. Guess I should PM him and ask.

Whenever you get a chance: frederick_pohl@yahoo.com

I'll stick with z104 then, thanx.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 AM
SL Member

I do have my fic and harness just wasn't plug in. I and putting pistons and I got other stuff it will be fine onece is done ill be tune by church's auto here in socal.

Quick Reply: The CXR Turbo kit thread (Old pics on pg 3,4,5 & 7) Redux pics on pg 16!