Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

DESCENDANT Ver2.0 has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

nice, i like that manifold !

Rob i just checked out your website and i see that now you guy are selling exhaust manifold and charge pipes separate...
lets say someone get the manifold and chargepiping, s-pipe and d-pipe are NOT included right ?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's funny how everyone was hatin' on the first gen kit even though it performed great and now people are excited! lol High five to Descendant, they've answered the call to the consumers with another amazing kit to multiple platforms. Watch out P-Tuning!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scorcher84
That is great that descendant is constantly improving a bada$$ kit. And thank you for not increasing the price with your upgrade. I just have a question that everyone has heard... will this work effectively with an automatic xb2? You know without destroying the tranny? And yes I know, why have an automatic in the first place... just curious if it would. I have also seen a lot of automatics in the socal area.
Another good question is will the FIC work with an auto XB2. So far it doesn't work with mine, PhantomXB's, a 2AZ Corolla (same ECU) and several others. The FIC distorts the crank signal to the ECU resulting in high rpm misfiring and P0335 CEL codes. The usual 2.2k resistor mod that seems to work with MT TCs and XBs doesn't work with the AT XB. AEM and Boomslang are well aware of the issue but so far there is no definitive solution.

BTW, great kit Rob! Version 1 was already the best turbo kit for the XB2 and ver 2 is even better... for MT cars that is.

Last edited by ScionFred; 03-04-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charock
What PSI is it tuned to out of the box?
The Ver2.0 comes with TiAL MVS Wastegate which has 3 different spring adjustments. You can run anywhere from 5psi to 14psi depending on your tune.

We recommend the 7-9psi range...customers will see between 295WHP & 325WHP depending on which exhaust system they run.

Here a dyno sheet from Akeem's tC on 9psi running out DESCENDANT 3" Exhaust.
Name:  TC8psi022.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  57.1 KB
Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hollywoodjdub
ROB DO YOU RECO A PLACE FOR A SOLID INSTALL AND TUNE IN FLORIDA ?
No problem...I might have a couple ideas. Call me at the shop and we'll chat.

Thank you,
--
Rob Cardona
WORLD-Racing.com | WORLD-Motorsports.com | DESCENDANT-Racing.com
2170 W. 190th St.
Torrance, CA 90504
P. 310.533.8900
F. 310.533.8160
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just have a question that everyone has heard... will this work effectively with an automatic xb2? You know without destroying the tranny?
Yes, the kit will work however we are working with people from Toyota on this as we speak to eliminate some of the check engine light issues. We'll definitely concur it no problem.

As for destroying the auto tranny...it's not the turbo kit that does it, its the user. When turbocharging your auto Scion you need to know going into it you have to run less boost than the manual guys.

For an auto guy.. if you run 5psi with our transcooler kit & keep up with your fluids & maintenance your good to go. Pushing it beyond that requires transmission work overtime. It is what it is...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Rob i just checked out your website and i see that now you guy are selling exhaust manifold and charge pipes separate...
lets say someone get the manifold and chargepiping, s-pipe and d-pipe are NOT included right ?
I'll be updating the the website soon but my plan is to sell everything...
DESCENDANT Turbo Manifold
DESCENDANT S~Pipe
DESCENDANT Intercooler kit

ext...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Another good question is will the FIC work with an auto XB2.
Yes, the FIC works however it does throw a check engine light. Us, our friends at Toyota & Shawn Church have more time working on this that anyone in the country. In time we'll have it perfect.

ScionFred, Just out of curiosity have you tried any replacement harnesses yet? Also, where are you located?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 AM

What about the a/c?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xbwebster
What about the a/c?

All day long bro! We live on Cali...major priority out here!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
Yes, the FIC works however it does throw a check engine light. Us, our friends at Toyota & Shawn Church have more time working on this that anyone in the country. In time we'll have it perfect.

ScionFred, Just out of curiosity have you tried any replacement harnesses yet? Also, where are you located?
Aside from the high rpm misfires and P0335 CEL codes caused by a distorted, weak or missing crank sensor signal from the FIC to the ECU, the FIC works fairly well for me too. With the FIC installed, the engine has to crank a lot longer to start, doesn't idle as smoothly and overall the FIC's injector driver falls short of the oem ECU but it does work. The MAF and O2 remapping work very well.

Other than Boomslang, who else makes a XB2-FIC harness? I'm in Baltimore, MD but my parents have a house near Reading, PA that I frequent.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Ok good information on the question. I definetely was not planning on driving harsh. most the time i would the next of kin in the car. Gotta lead by example. Plus it would be my DD. Reliability is key. Definitely will be waiting.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok good information on the question. I definetely was not planning on driving harsh. most the time i would the next of kin in the car. Gotta lead by example. Plus it would be my DD. Reliability is key. Definitely will be waiting.
Yeah but thats not the case with our DESCENDANT Turbo kit.

SCIONFRED DOES NOT have our DESCENDANT Turbo Kit or our DESCENDANT Wiring harness or our DESCENDANT AEM FIC program.
This is CORRECT, right SCIONFRED??

SCORCHER84 you live in LA, come to my shop in Torrance and I'll take you for a ride in my xB and give us the opportunity to show you how we do things. I guaranty you won't leave with that feeling anymore.

Then make your decision....

BUT, making your decision based on his comments about his Tdread-stone /CXR Turbo kit which isn't our DESCENDANT kit and using his own custom tune would be out right insulting to the hard work our guys put into the DESCENDANT kit.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are the exhaust options and how much do they cost? IE: Catback, Axleback, S-Pipe Back.

I'm interested in it because I'm not sure if I'll stay N/A or not, but regardless a 2.5 inch exhaust would be nice? Also, what type of muffler(s) do you use?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2008-2010 Scion xB
DESCENDANT
3" Stainless Steel S~Pipe is $174.95

3" Stainless Steel Exhaust System is $495.95
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2008-2010 Scion xB
DESCENDANT
3" Stainless Steel S~Pipe is $174.95

3" Stainless Steel Exhaust System is $495.95
Ah man. No option for 2.5 inch huh? Also, is that a Catback, S-Pipe Back, or what?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 PM

Ive always liked this kit but now I love it! I have to find the way to get the cash quick!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah but thats not the case with our DESCENDANT Turbo kit.

SCIONFRED DOES NOT have our DESCENDANT Turbo Kit or our DESCENDANT Wiring harness or our DESCENDANT AEM FIC program.
This is CORRECT, right SCIONFRED??

SCORCHER84 you live in LA, come to my shop in Torrance and I'll take you for a ride in my xB and give us the opportunity to show you how we do things. I guaranty you won't leave with that feeling anymore.

Then make your decision....

BUT, making your decision based on his comments about his Tdread-stone /CXR Turbo kit which isn't our DESCENDANT kit and using his own custom tune would be out right insulting to the hard work our guys put into the DESCENDANT kit.
That is correct, Rob. I do not have your turbo kit or your FIC tune but I do have the same F/IC-6 #30-1910 and Boomslang harness. Are you still using Boomslang's harness or did you find another supplier? If I buy one of your FIC harnesses will you guarantee it to work with no P0335 or P0340 CELs?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
If I buy one of your FIC harnesses will you guarantee it to work with no P0335 or P0340 CELs?
ScionFred you are never going to get a guarantee on what you are asking for. It's an aftermarket performance electronic component which no one in the industry would give you a perfect guarantee...hell if you find one let me know and I'll start including it with our kit.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ScionFred you are never going to get a guarantee on what you are asking for. It's an aftermarket performance electronic component which no one in the industry would give you a perfect guarantee...hell if you find one let me know and I'll start including it with our kit.
Fair enough. That would be tough to do seeing how the FIC seems to work differently on individual cars of the same model and year. I don't know exactly why one Scion might require resistors on the crk and cam, another can't have any and another requires only one. Is it minor differences between FIC units, the wiring or the oem sensors? I'm not sure but today I used an oscilloscope to trouble shoot mine and it appears that I've found what works for my car. It's a little early to be 100% sure but initial test results yielded no high-rpm misfires or CELs after several WOT pulls to redline.

Anyway, thanks for making the best XB2 turbo kit even better. If I wasn't boosted already, it's the kit I'd buy. Great price too.

Quick Reply: DESCENDANT Ver2.0 has arrived!