Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

about to buy some clazzio seat covers for my '11 xb..

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks pyro, I still appreciate the input from those two though.

I just want to know which would be more durable between the leather and PVC. My xb is a family car too and I have infant seats and booster chairs. The booster if flat but the infant seat has dull plastic edges, I don't want it pushing and stretching the material and maybe even weakening it and making it more susceptible to punctures.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you won't find a better seat cover, but it's not a true leather kit. they are worth the money if you don't want something permanent. plus, you can always take them off and sell them if you get tired of them.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Katzskin only the center section is leather anyways. Its a great seatcover from what people say. I will be getting these aswell. Maybe have a different center stitched in by a ulphostery shop. I am thinking either black and white checkers or red and black
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I checked the katzskins site just for the hell of it. They don't even have scion listed, or was I looking in the wrong place?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a three month old daughter and as you know the car seat come with an attachment, I was scared about having the car seat and attachment on the vinyl seats too, but I bought a little cover that I think is well worth it and you place it on the seat underneath the car seats to protect them.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

GOOD IDEA
Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 PM

I have the Clazzios with perforated leather inserts from Bean garage. They are a great upgrade for the money and dramatically change the look of the interior. I can afford the Katzkin leather, but couldn't justify the cost, for this car. I had a problem with one of the covers and Clazzio customer service was superb. They may not be the correct choice for a sponsored show car, (unless Clazzio is your sponsor), but they are great for regular scions, driven by regular people, looking for high value upgrades. Fitment is fantastic. I'd be interested to know the technology behind how Clazzio does it so perfectly. They feel as "leathery" as my wife's factory leather seats from GMC.

+1 for seat protector under car seat (in any car btw).
Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I myself am in the market and am looking at 2011 XB leather set Clazzio $449 and leather set ebay $540. The ebay set (leather / vinyl combo) is installed with taking the old covers off. The clazzio covers go right over existing cloth. With the increased bolstering on the new 2011 front seats, I can almost bet that the Clazzios won't lay flat. Pure speculation on my part and I would love to see any member pics of clazzios on 2011 seats. I emailed the seller (who has good feedback) of the ebay kit and he said they are good fit for 2011. I want my seats to look really factory and for $100 more, I am almost guaranteed that. I have looked at the clazzio pics on this post and must admit they look pretty darn good, but I am just worried about the front seat fit on the 2011 with its much greater bolstering. I saw a pic of a clazzio kit on a TC and it looked like crap on the back seat due to the recessed seating area. If anyone has pics of any leather kits on a 2011, PLEASE post them here. Any feedback as to what I am looking at would be appreciated. BTW, Katskinz are waaaay overpriced and I am not even considering those. I am sure they are high quality, but for my box it won't be them.