Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Powered Subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Originally Posted by rockthebeef
ScionFred - I'm in the same boat as you. I've been busy at work too. I'll be working Saturday for sure.
I always have to work weekends and holidays... sux. I did get my sub box installed under the seat today and discovered that my previous under-seat box space dimensions were way off. The available space is 12" between the seat rails, 12-16" front to back (depending on how much rear foot room you're willing to lose) and only 5" depth unless you mod the underseat wiring, etc. I fit my 12"x13.25"x7.5" box but it's very tight and I had to mod all of the underseat wiring to make room.
Yeah, even with a busy work schedule, I still have to find a little time here and there to work on the car. I actually installed the amp and sub pictured above in a few minutes before work yesterday. I had the wiring done a while back... I still need to do the SNS fix, but I'm not sure when with work on Saturday and football on Sunday. I need to put a plasma in the garage!

My new enclosure will only be 11.75x9.25x4.5 so I'm pretty sure it will fit under the seat. I have no idea why Toyota hung the wiring so low under the passenger seat. The metal mount they used is ridiculous. You could remove that (drill out the welds) and bring everything up a couple inches. I would've done that when I had the seats out but I loaned my drill to my sister. And what's up with the yaw sensor under the driver's seat (under the metal cover). Couldn't they find a better place? The center console behind the cig lighter is totally hollow - put it there Toyota!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rockthebeef
My new enclosure will only be 11.75x9.25x4.5 so I'm pretty sure it will fit under the seat. I have no idea why Toyota hung the wiring so low under the passenger seat. The metal mount they used is ridiculous. You could remove that (drill out the welds) and bring everything up a couple inches. I would've done that when I had the seats out but I loaned my drill to my sister. And what's up with the yaw sensor under the driver's seat (under the metal cover). Couldn't they find a better place? The center console behind the cig lighter is totally hollow - put it there Toyota!
That box should be a near-perfect fit under the pass. seat. At worst, you might have to cut a little off the end of the plastic air duct and the box should fit nicely in between the floor humps. I finished my SQ10 install today and I am very pleased. :D It sounds so much better than the 10" Pioneer I had in the back. I'm not sure if it's the sub, the location or the extra power from a 2 ohm driver but it hits much harder than I expected. The 12x13.25x7.5" box fits nicely since I relocated all the underseat crap that Toyota hung 2" lower than necessary. I probably should have drilled the spot welds and removed that bracket but I just bent it flat with the supporting bracket which gave me enough clearance.

I'll try to post some pics soon.