Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

1GreeKtC's xB2 repaired and all stock. Getting traded :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................yeah.
feels good...i was actually missed lol you guys and one thing...i still hate this new layout....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol were use to it already
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
if the insurance adjuster is cool tell him/her to total it, or tell the shop that its at to inflate the repair costs, have them point out anything that might be related to the incident
If it's a rebuild project then my mechanic won't be able to do it and would have to be sent to Toyota, which I'd rather avoid.
If it's a new engine to be put in then my guy can take care of it 1-2-3. I'm staying up all night and going there at 6am to talk to him and bring him some coffee. ;)

As far as the adjuster is concerned...... -_-
Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Yeah it took me like a couple of weeks to get in used to, but it's actually a bit more practical and can sustain a massive post load. ;)

which meannnnnnssss that the bs'er thread can far exceed its primary counterpart.....nah mean?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica2005
lol were use to it already
ehhh i guess i will too but yea not a fan
Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the insurance company has the job of covering your loss. and like owner, has the obligation to mitigate damages and minimize the extent of the loss.

the insurance company is supposed to put you back to nearly the way you were before the loss. and while your 09 xB isn't old, technically as soon as you bought it, it became used. they owe you parts that are in the same condition or better, I.E. a used good condition engine, or a new engine, depends on what is available.

you can't just ask them to total the car. in order to do so, there really has to be a good amount of evidence that the vehicle is not economically repairable. if you have a good reputable mechanic who can write up what is wrong with the car and how it is related to the flood damage and pretty accurately sum up the total cost of the repairs so that they will add up to enough to total the vehicle, then you're good. but when they write up the initial estimate, they'll try to project the cost of supplements to see if the vehicle might be a total loss.

by now they should have already done a total loss evaluation for the vehicle, so they should have a number in mind for what it would take to total the vehicle, and they should be able to tell you.

and yes, the car and all the aftermarket parts on the vehicle are YOUR property. when they settle with you, they're buying YOUR property, so you have the right to take off and replace any parts that you don't want them to take, but if you don't put your OEM back, it will hurt your settlement value.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

just from reading drax's posts alone in this thread I have learned so much more about car insurance it's ridiculous. Two thumbs up to you sir.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by breauxseph
just from reading drax's posts alone in this thread I have learned so much more about car insurance it's ridiculous. Two thumbs up to you sir.
x2, lol.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

x3 that's why I keep picking on his brain.

Thanks a bunch dude.
Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keeping my fingers crossed

o yea x4
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Praying would be cool right about now.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, i'd hope for a total loss for you. After seeing all of the knowledge just laid out regarding your insurance, ESPECIALLY resale value, since you A) have no intention of keeping it, and B) damaged cars are a IYO, as well as mine. AND, to end all of that aggravation, i could get things for my car, due to you without shipping costs (not sounding selfish here, but if the offer is there... ya know.)
anyway, yeah, me and rob still have our saturday plan to put my NF's on. what do you think? should i wait just in case? i just dont wanna pay for those and then find out on monday that i now have to shell out more for the coils to be put on, feel me?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

I'd wait just in case, man.
Today I should be finding out what's good.
(iHope)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for the record, insurance companies aren't bad, they have their job and functions, but they have to try and operate in everybody's best interest, and that goes beyond just them and their customers, they're also financial institutes that invest they money they collect for premiums. so they owe it to shareholders to only pay what they owe for claims. they do owe you as a customer, but they aren't just there to rain money out whenever somebody opens a claim.

also, they're heavily regulated. and in order for them to justify totalling your car, they have to have strong documentation to do it. they can't just do it because you ask them. remember, the adjuster isn't spending his money, he is spending the company's money, and he has to be sure that it he does so properly.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

OP, who are you insured with?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Hanover.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

updates?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

S__t. By 3pm the adjuster hadn't replied to my mechanic's phone call and then I took a power nap till 6pm and never called back. Tomorrow morning I'll call again.

In the meanwhile I got myself a brand new, 2010, fully loaded, 26miles on the ODO.........HHR!!!!! yummmmm
Old 08-27-2010, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You got a '10 HHR? And lol at the power nap.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

OMG I'm an idiot hahahahahh
I got the car as a rental, ewww god no I'd never buy that thing!!

Power nap was clutch!

Quick Reply: 1GreeKtC's xB2 repaired and all stock. Getting traded :)